Become a Patron!

PureVapes Buying Experience

I recently had some experiences ordering some DIY flavors and I wanted to share. It was enough to make me switch to a different vendor.

I ordered some samples of FlavourArt from PureVapes. I believe I ordered a total of four times. The first couple of times were OK; the order would usually ship the next day.

The first bad experience I had with the vendor was when I ordered a few samples, and forgot to add a flavor. A few hours later, I sent PureVapes a message asking if I could add this flavor to the order to save on shipping. He didn't respond at all, so I got the flavor in a separate order. However, he sent all the flavors in one order and kept the difference. I can't really be too upset with this because I made a second order. I don't appreciate that he sent two orders in one and kept the money.

The most recent and last experience I had was a very delayed order. I placed an order on Sept. 25th and didn't receive a shipping notification. I sent purevapes several messages that I didn't get a response from. I then called purevapes and got an answer machine with nothing identifying the number as purevapes. After I left a message, I got a shipping notification either the same day or the next day (Oct. 1st). I just received the package today, and there was no message saying 'sorry for the delay' or anything. In addition, one of the bottles leaked and made a few of the labels unreadable.

I am not typically someone who makes a big deal about this sort of thing, but I feel that it might not be a bad thing for someone who is deciding on DIY vendors to hear.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I'm sticking with BCV to order all the FA tobaccos. Was going to use the PV sample pack of tobaccos until I just read this.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Nihil just got too busy. Last time I placed an order I actually emailed him beforehand to check when it would ship out, and he did get right back to me. And the order did ship the next day. But he did say it would depend on the number of bottles I ordered. I don't order from him much these days, simply because I know he's been having trouble keeping up with orders. I hope things calm down for them over there though - they're nice people!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
awww... I'm really disappointed to hear bad experiences with Purevapes. Their little 3ml samples were what got me so interested in DIY. A year ago, they were totally on the ball. Hopefully they'll get back to that, because they are nice folks and have great prices.

Thanks for letting us know. I've heard other similar tales lately.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate to hear several people are having problems with PV, lately. It's been a while since I ordered from him. I had only a couple issues that were quickly taken care of. I do keep in mind that it is a business of 2 people, in the business of making eliquid and offering samples of FA on the side of that. He does a huge business with his pre-made stuff, too.

I can't say I won't buy from him at all. His prices are still very good. As Amanda said, depending on what I need and how soon, I might contact them or order quite in advance. We certainly haven't had a shortage of suppliers lately, so that's good, too. There are always options.

Without Pure Vapes, I wouldn't have found the ADV I needed at the time I was ready to give up vaping. Would've kept smoking longer. I'll always be grateful to them for working with me on custom mixes back then. Plus, they played a huge roll in the best online group of pals anyone could ask for ;)

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered from PureVapes for the first time and I have to say it was a good experience.
I am kinda new to diy and Flavour Arts. I have a few... ok, several flavors on my list to try so I thought I would get the 3ml. samples.
On Nov. 6th I ordered 23 samples and used first class postage because I am trying to learn patience.:rolleyes: The order shipped on the 7th and I received it today, the 10th. I really was surprised and pleased.

Fast_rope71

Member For 4 Years
I have made several orders from PureVapes over the last few months. A few times they forgot something, or sent me the wrong size, but they quickly fixed the problem. I value their offering of 3ml samples so much that I doubt I will ever cut them out of the vendor rotation unless they REALLY screw up. @vaperous: As for keeping the shipping on two orders, you got the product you paid for, so I see it as a win for Nikhil, recognizing your orders/address match and consolidating them. It's kind of your fault, for not placing them on a single order (I've done it many times with various vendors). I imagine there is a limitation of the shopping cart. It has to have shipping to complete, as it is programmed. So, perhaps take it with a grain of salt, a forehead palm, and live/let live without disparaging his service (that was the intent of the original post, no?).

I have made several orders from PureVapes over the last few months. A few times they forgot something, or sent me the wrong size, but they quickly fixed the problem. I value their offering of 3ml samples so much that I doubt I will ever cut them out of the vendor rotation unless they REALLY screw up. @vaperous: As for keeping the shipping on two orders, you got the product you paid for, so I see it as a win for Nikhil, recognizing your orders/address match and consolidating them. It's kind of your fault, for not placing them on a single order (I've done it many times with various vendors). I imagine there is a limitation of the shopping cart. It has to have shipping to complete, as it is programmed. So, perhaps take it with a grain of salt, a forehead palm, and live/let live without disparaging his service (that was the intent of the original post, no?).

No, that isn't the intent for this post. The intent of this post is to share MY experience with them and other people can decide what they want to do from there. This ordering experience led me to the conclusion that ordering from them wasn't a good fit for me.

Also, like I said in the original post, the shipping thing is something I can't be too upset about because I made a second order. With other vendors I've dealt with in the past, they would answer the phone or respond to an email in a short time so things like that could be avoided. All they had to do was contact me back and tell me that they couldn't do that and I would be fine with it. You say you see it as a win for Nikhil but he got like $2 and lost any future business from a customer he could have kept by sending an email.

VU Sponsors