Become a Patron!

purge mods $

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My goal is to get a purge mod. Few questions first.

Why so expensive?
What makes them so special, they aren't made out of Platinum, gold or white gold.
They need special care, like polish etc from oxidation.
From drip purge and squonk mods are a lot of $, why?

Are they actually worth buying besides being heavy, special care etc?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
IMO, they are expensive because of materials and pretty designs. they work great but so do many other things that cost much, much less.

Last edited:

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I viewed a few reviews, not interested any longer in purge, especially their squonk mods.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Didn't mean to shoot you off your cloud. Sometimes value can be found in something because of lust. Which doesnt make the item less valuable to you.

I want a damascus steel mod, It doesnt do anything particularly better than any other but damascus steel is just bad ass.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It's because they are wonderful pieces of art, and a lot of care went into the machining and design of these mods. They are a way of life, and, sometimes a lack of value can be found in something because of envy. ;)

Perceived value is real value. I woudln't buy a Warhol for what they fetch but that doesn't make it any less valuable. These are top dollar because of marketing and pretty designs. There is a market for it or they wouldn't make it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
These are top dollar because of marketing and pretty designs. There is a market for it or they wouldn't make it.

In general - there are of course exceptions - the higher priced mods (especially mechs and squonkers) and atties are machined much finer than their cheaper counterparts, the materials used are higher grade and they are put together much better generally. Some are hand crafted and the makers wish to earn more and make a higher quality product than can be had in an overseas factory situation

With that said, the value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it - that is as true for real estate as it is for a piece of vape gear or an empty cool whip container at a garage sale

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Perceived value is real value. I woudln't buy a Warhol for what they fetch but that doesn't make it any less valuable. These are top dollar because of marketing and pretty designs. There is a market for it or they wouldn't make it.
Their marketing is actually no bigger than average, and they grew popular at the time when their marketing was just small peanuts. Perceived envy is real envy.

tumblr_inline_os4q101T721swl9fr_540.gif

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In general - there are of course exceptions - the higher priced mods (especially mechs and squonkers) and atties are machined much finer than their cheaper counterparts, the materials used are higher grade and they are put together much better generally. Some are hand crafted and the makers wish to earn more and make a higher quality product than can be had in an overseas factory situation

With that said, the value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it - that is as true for real estate as it is for a piece of vape gear or an empty cool whip container at a garage sale
The machine takes four and a half hours to put a Mathew Hagermann engraving on the tube. I paid more than $700 for the BJ Box Mods Admiral 2 of 5 that's hand engraved by Mathew himself so as a matter of true fact, Purge Mods aren't even that expensive at all.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my Scoundrels setup... the total price was well over $1,000 because I live in Belgium.

View attachment 105668
I'm pretty sure that's a clone.

I absolutely love your collection. I'd love to see all of your pieces in one thread!

Supply and demand. The trick is getting a product to a high level of desirability. After that it's a matter of keeping quality high, customers happy and stock low. There are many many examples of companies that got it right, and companies that dropped the ball. There are even more college courses that break down the examples. I've been meaning to take a few classes (just for my edification) because I find the topic fascinating.

Stories to look up- (just for fun)

Beanie Babies, The Pet Rock, and any years "hot Christmas toy"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I paid over 350 dollars for my LE Lone wolf. Is it worth it? My Dreamer for 95 dollars hits harder.

pCLo1Bo.jpg

I had a purge. If you get one get the 20700. Unless you like pretty mods (I do).

reaper.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Purge Mods Maelstrom with three Assassin extension tubes and matching Maelstrom RDA was the total equivalent of about $1,400. What some of you guys are paying for a so-called "high end" mod is what I pay in shipping, duty fee at 6%, and the kind of tax that doesn't even exist in the U.S. so that comes in addition to what you guys call VAT... it's an additional whopping 21% that you have to calculate AFTER you already included both the VAT and the duty fee AND the shipping so basically I'm paying tax on the taxed figure, which immediately helps to explain why the number of Puge Mods that I own is only 10. ;)

Purge Maelstrom stacked.jpg

Last edited:

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’m not a fan of purge my self and no mech mod is worth what thy sell for only what someone is willing to pay keep in mind thy out sores all there mods to be made in China so the real and the clone cost the same to make lol anyhow keep in mind my pure silver mod 120 grams of silver cost 450 and hits like a truck and that’s worth it to me
But back to purge there b2b Mods that around 160$ ish on dragon den hit just the dam as therE 300-400$ Mods all you are paying for is the markings on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m not a fan of purge my self and no mech mod is worth what thy sell for only what someone is willing to pay keep in mind thy out sores all there mods to be made in China so the real and the clone cost the same to make lol anyhow keep in mind my pure silver mod 120 grams of silver cost 450 and hits like a truck and that’s worth it to me
But back to purge there b2b Mods that around 160$ ish on dragon den hit just the dam as therE 300-400$ Mods all you are paying for is the markings on them
Not just the markings. The quality of both the design and the machining is also a highly important part of what you pay for, and, as for how hard the mod hits, the design, the machining, and the cleanliness of the screw threads and contacts is a million (or two or three or four) times more of a determining factor than whether it uses 120 grams of pure silver.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not just the markings. The quality of both the design and the machining is also a highly important part of what you pay for, and, as for how hard the mod hits, the design, the machining, and the cleanliness of the screw threads and contacts is a million (or two or three or four) times more of a determining factor than whether it uses 120 grams of pure silver.

Well what trying to say 2JNT Philippines are some of the best out there I feel

If u have never owned one look them not just that there are pure silver but some of the best work I have seen

If u just won’t a good hitting purge and don’t care about the art the b2b are just as good hit the same as there 400$ Mods with the art all over it a purge is a purge that’s why thy mostly comp with b2b purges

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well what trying to say 2JNT Philippines are some of the best out there I feel
They are.
If u have never owned one look them not just that there are pure silver but some of the best work I have seen
I don't own one, but nevertheless I do agree they are fine works of art and craftsmanship. But my point was that it being pure silver has ZERO noticeable effect on how hard it hits.
If u just won’t a good hitting purge and don’t care about the art the b2b are just as good hit the same as there 400$ Mods with the art all over it a purge is a purge that’s why thy mostly comp with b2b purges
As a matter of fact the Back To Basics (b2b) hits slightly (i.e. measurably, but not necessarily noticeably) harder than the Skull, See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil, Suicide King, Maelstrom, Serenity, Silencer, and Karma. That's just because the latter ones all have a separate male tube so there are additional screw threads in those, but I don't vape in a competition so I just buy what I like, and BECAUSE I like it... else, I wouldn't have paid >$700 for my BJ Box Mods Admiral hand engraved by Mathew Hagermann, as the engraving doesn't magically make it hit harder, but once again I promise you, neither does the pure silver in the Pilak.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They are.

I don't own one, but nevertheless I do agree they are fine works of art and craftsmanship. But my point was that it being pure silver has ZERO noticeable effect on how hard it hits.

As a matter of fact the Back To Basics (b2b) hits slightly (i.e. measurably, but not necessarily noticeably) harder than the Skull, See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil, Suicide King, Maelstrom, Serenity, Silencer, and Karma. That's just because the latter ones all have a separate male tube so there are additional screw threads in those, but I don't vape in a competition so I just buy what I like, and BECAUSE I like it... else, I wouldn't have paid >$700 for my BJ Box Mods Admiral hand engraved by Mathew Hagermann, as the engraving doesn't magically make it hit harder, but once again I promise you, neither does the pure silver in the Pilak.

Silver is a better conductor then brass and copper giving a less volt drop so how would the fact thy use full silver throw out the mod help how it hits?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Silver is a better conductor then brass and copper giving a less volt drop so how would the fact thy use full silver throw out the mod help how it hits?

It simply doesn't matter because it's all about the screw threads and contacts, not the actual tube itself. So basically longer screw threads that are machined better to provide a bigger total contact surface area do matter, as do the contacts in the firing button, the firing pin, etc., but the type of metal that the tube itself is made of is of equal importance as unicorn dust and fairies. https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...chanical_mod_tube_metal_choice_doesnt_matter/

P.S., to provide better contact between the metal surfaces, I use some leftover cotton to rub them with just a few drops of this stuff:
1_transparant.png.thumb.1280.1280.png

Last edited:

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Thread took off I didn't know I apologize not paying attention I need to mark the thread watched.

I'm interested in a mod now particularly in Copper cuz they are more conductive I guess. From what I was reading.

I was looking at the dreamer you think you'll be worth buying the dreamer? I do have three ijoy 20700 batteries. Buying the dream I would leave me had room for the buy more batteries and goon 1.5 and couple challenge caps for the dead rabbits.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dreamer is my favourite mod by far. And I have some pretty expensive mods kicking about. Now if I had a 1000 dollars I would buy a solid silver 2JNT tube. And silver contacts absolutely hit harder. Anyone who owns a squonk will tell you their squonk improves when you replace copper contacts with pure silver.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dreamer is my favourite mod by far. And I have some pretty expensive mods kicking about. Now if I had a 1000 dollars I would buy a solid silver 2JNT tube. And silver contacts absolutely hit harder. Anyone who owns a squonk will tell you their squonk improves when you replace copper contacts with pure silver.
Is there any recommendations to do to it that you would recommend? Referring to the dreamer.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This Thread took off I didn't know I apologize not paying attention I need to mark the thread watched.

I'm interested in a mod now particularly in Copper cuz they are more conductive I guess. From what I was reading.

I was looking at the dreamer you think you'll be worth buying the dreamer? I do have three ijoy 20700 batteries. Buying the dream I would leave me had room for the buy more batteries and goon 1.5 and couple challenge caps for the dead rabbits.

The materials for the body of the mod do not affect conductivity - it is the materials of the contacts - and yes, .999 silver is the best

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Average price for a 2JNT Pilak tube is $420, around the price of a brass Purge ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I buy a dreamer can you point me to the right site for the parts that I would need to make it better?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Average price for a 2JNT Pilak tube is $420, around the price of a brass Purge ;)

The Purge Back 2 Basic models are $175 and less. They vape every bit as good (some say better) than their $400+ Hagerman counterparts.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Purge Back 2 Basic models are $175 and less. They vape every bit as good (some say better) than their $400+ Hagerman counterparts.
Like I already said up thread, the reason why the Back To Basics hits harder than the Skull, See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil, Suicide King, Maelstrom, Serenity, Silencer, and Karma (and now also the Pandora it seems) is simply because the body of the Back To Basics is just a single tube, whereas the male tube in the other ones that I mentioned adds extra screw threads. But you aren't going to notice that difference after I clean those screw threads with a few drops of contact spray, just like you aren't going to notice the difference between rubbing that same contact spray onto those same screw threads by using leftover Cotton Bacon Prime versus by using leftover Cotton Bacon v2.

P.S., I'll also bet both shoes that my Maelstrom with three Assassin extension tubes (pic I posted up thread) and without using any contact spray still hits noticeably harder than a 150% pure silver Pilak. :)

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
For what it's worth, I've been vaping a pair of aliens in a 25mm 2 post brass Kennedy on a copper Purge B2B all day. Just for shits & giggles, I took the same battery out of the Purge and put it in the 2JNT Pilak I have, and put the Kennedy on it. I have to admit, there is definitely a noticeable difference.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For what it's worth, I've been vaping a pair of aliens in a 25mm 2 post brass Kennedy on a copper Purge B2B all day. Just for shits & giggles, I took the same battery out of the Purge and put it in the 2JNT Pilak I have, and put the Kennedy on it. I have to admit, there is definitely a noticeable difference.
See if you can still tell the difference after the screw threads and contacts have been cleaned with contact spray as well as someone holds the mod to your mouth with you blindfolded.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
See if you can still tell the difference after the screw threads and contacts have been cleaned with contact spray as well as someone holds the mod to your mouth with you blindfolded.
Don't need to. Like I said, it was a very noticeable difference.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Ya silver hits harder ya threads and all do matter but we are talking about purge vs 2JNT pilak 2JNT makes a better tube then purge the fact that purge uses China to make there mods pisses me off to no end that’s why I don’t own any and went dominus Mods but hay that’s just me and this vapers look on it

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't need to. Like I said, it was a very noticeable difference.
Do you mean to tell me the use of contact spray or something similar to clean the screw threads and contacts isn't an absolute necessity to be able to make a fair comparison? Finally, I'm afraid I'm going to have to quote Dean the Vaping Biker's wise words on this,
"On occasions a healthy dose of a certain logo or loyalty to a brand adding a placebo-like effect will without a doubt make some individuals a bit more vocal than others whereas in reality the real world difference may be an almost unnoticeable increase or decrease of a watt or two."

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you mean to tell me the use of contact spray or something similar to clean the screw threads and contacts isn't an absolute necessity to be able to make a fair comparison? Finally, I'm afraid I'm going to have to quote Dean the Vaping Biker's wise words on this,
"On occasions a healthy dose of a certain logo or loyalty to a brand adding a placebo-like effect will without a doubt make some individuals a bit more vocal than others whereas in reality the real world difference may be an almost unnoticeable increase or decrease of a watt or two."

Ok let me ask this if u was to use that spray on the purge and the 2JNT are u saying thy both would hit the same 100%

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok let me ask this if u was to use that spray on the purge and the 2JNT are u saying thy both would hit the same 100%

I use a toothbrush and mothers to clean all my threads then use norlax “my not be spelled right” ur kinda making it sound like we don’t clean our mods ?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ya silver hits harder ya threads and all do matter but we are talking about purge vs 2JNT pilak 2JNT makes a better tube then purge the fact that purge uses China to make there mods pisses me off to no end that’s why I don’t own any and went dominus Mods but hay that’s just me and this vapers look on it

AFAIK they're all 100% USA made.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

No, all I'm saying is you'd be really, REALLY hard pressed to notice the difference while blindfolded because anyone who is capable enough to use an accurate voltmeter can prove this fact in a matter of only seconds.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok done I will agree to disagree purge is over hyped over priced for what thy are but all mech mods are purges Mods today are nothen like thy was there craft has slipped and now just selling off there name but etch to there own

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
how else can you explain the garbage and thy putting out today
Same way I can also explain the garbage that's been coming out of your mouth? Seriously.
#4 and a #276 copper skulls. And they were like completely different mods. The 276 looked like it was made in a garage compared to the #4.
Even a .72 voltage drop difference
Out of the same mod just different number. The machining was horrid on the 276 compared to the 4
If not man thy have gotten to big and have gone cheep in making there mods
I personally own 10 mods by Purge Mods, and I know a whole bunch of people who own at least 1. I'm not saying there haven't been any complaints about anything, nor am claiming the mods are all created equally perfect, but sometimes I have to wonder why the only true complaints about the quality of the machining I've heard so far were from people who have never owned any of the mods at all.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh fucking please. I own 5 Purge mods. I like them - a lot. But they just can not compare to the Pilak. How many Pilaks do you own? Have you actually tried an accurate comparison like I just did? It's pretty simple - I took the battery out of the Purge and put it in the Pilak. I took the RDA off the Purge and put it on the Pilak. I took a hit. The Pilak hit much harder. It doesn't really get much more simple than this.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh fucking please. I own 5 Purge mods. I like them - a lot. But they just can not compare to the Pilak. How many Pilaks do you own? Have you actually tried an accurate comparison like I just did? It's pretty simple - I took the battery out of the Purge and put it in the Pilak. I took the RDA off the Purge and put it on the Pilak. I took a hit. The Pilak hit much harder. It doesn't really get much more simple than this.
I already gave you the most reasonable explanation why you think it hits much harder. Now all you have to do is use the contact spray and the blindfold, and use the accurate voltmeter to confirm your blatant expectation bias.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Are you saying I have never owned a purge ok ... got in my 5+ years vaping on mechs I have never owned a purge I buy high end mods and I’m sorry purge is not longer on that list for me sub par we know clean threads the mod hits better know fucking shit wow that’s new hay all clean threads and your mod hits better I don’t give one sweet fuck what you vape on but if your going to sit there and tell me u don’t understand the simple that a fact that silver mod will have less of a volt drop then brass our copper then I don’t know what to tell you go spray your skunk piss on ur mod and omg hits so hard like Thor came down and hit me in the ass when I vape it lets

I was also say this broadside is a starter mod wow u payed someone 700$ to throw some art on it grats guess what try to get someone to pay that when u resell it all thy are going to see is a broadside

I for one don’t care if your vaping on a clone or vaping on 2000 mod but don’t sit there and tell us cuZ u put some dam skunk piss on your threads will make it out hit a silver mod that’s down right the dumbest thing I have ever herd and I drive truck and go all over so grats on that

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Blind fold ok cuz let’s see a side switch mod that feels 100% diff then a purge I would not be able to tell what mod I’m holding blindfolded

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Also my other mods I put .999 silver contacts in silver springs silver 510 pins dam I shod of Just got some skunk piss that would of saved me sooooo much just say ha all I’m a purge fan boy would of saved us all from reading this and we cud of moved on

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I already gave you the most reasonable explanation why you think it hits much harder. Now all you have to do is use the contact spray and the blindfold, and use the accurate voltmeter to confirm your blatant expectation bias.
You've done no such thing. And there is no blatant bias. It's pretty factual and to the point. I truly don't understand why you're acting like this. I ask you again - do you even own a Pilak? As for bias, you couldn't be further from the truth. I also own a $380 2JNT Hari RDA. I think there are $20 RDAs out there that give a better vape than the Hari. It's not about the brand - it's about the vape. and the Pilak just hits better, pure and simple.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And there is no doubt silver hits harder. I've changed most of my squonk contacts to silver for a reason (my squonks are mechs). I
t's like saying a a standard 510 connection hits as hard as hybrid if you clean the contacts. Not in my experience. I have a Kultura LE that hits pretty hard (standard 510) but it has solid silver contacts. It compared to hybrid with copper contacts.

What is irritating me is the assumption that people do not keep their contacts clean and thus the discrepancies. Experienced mech users are OCD about contacts. I take my tubes and squonks apart weekly. Sometimes twice a week and I rotate between about ten - fifteen mods.

In the end we agree to disagree.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes there is a noticeable difference

VU Sponsors