Become a Patron!

Purge Twiztid. Should I?

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only have a few tube mods. An AV clone, an Envii Heretic, a (Broadside) Admiral and one other that I can't remember off hand.

I've always liked how Purge mods looked. When I first saw a twiztid I thought it was far and away the most attractive mod I'd ever seen. Then they came out with the pearl and cerakote color shifting mods...

Well, I've had my finger on the buy it now button for months. I want the damn thing badly, but something keeps me from pulling the trigger. I know they are pricy but is that the only thing bothering me? I don't know.

So I feel like I'm going to keep buying cheaper mods until I break down and get the twiztid. Then again I may keep buying them regardless, who knows.

Anyway, are there any reasons why I should reconsider? I could get a Dreamer (I really want one of these too) and something else instead.

I can't decide if I want the less expensive 18650 mod or the 20700 model. I like the future proof aspect of the latter, but it's even more $$.

Any advice is welcome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have a look at the marvec mods . similar to say admiral firing switch , its Authentic an cheap fits 20700-18650 cells

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing like a purge. My son has the SNE purge and I had the HNE purge, Now my two favs are the LE Rogue Lone wolf and my AV Able. That said I actually used a Dreamer today! It hits really nice and I liked it a lot. Now the Broadside is the best bang for the buck - no argument there.

I have owned , used and have some great tube mechs. If I was asked which tube is the best I would say the manhatten, followed by purge/able. Then for a good cheap mech the broadside. Now it might sound strange saying the manhattan is my favourite. But the button and machining on the manhattan just puts it ahead of the pack.

My son who is into mechs has a Roundhouse, Viggo, Hellfire, stacked Timekeeper and more. He will say the Purge is his favourite. Get any of the mods you mentioned and you will not be disappointed.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude - you need a matching RDA - get a green Apoc or something

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hot damn that mako is dope. The mako or stingray. It's between those two... But... I keep eyeballing the Complyfe HK and any mod that has knurling, which, of course, means that I want a knurled Purge Truck.

Decisions!

In the meantime I bought another Admiral (copper this time) and a v2 Rig Mod. The Rig arrived yesterday and I'm not sure that I like it yet. It was cheap though at $120. I thought they were a lot more, but I guess that was the v1? I'll take a pic in a few minutes. I don't like that my favorite rda's (the Drop and Dead Rabbit) don't work on it. I don't have a lot of 22mm rda's either. I can run the 454 or the Wasp Nano I guess, but I really wanted to run the DR on it. The RDA that comes with it (can't remember the name) is mediocre for my tastes. I have a really aggressive build in there and it's not bad, just not brilliant. I'm using brand new Sony Vtc5a's, but I may look for a 30a cdr battery to go in it for safety. I love how small and heavy the mod is, but I don't like that I haven't been able to get it torn down yet, and as mentioned, I don't like how I can't run my 24mm rda's on it.

I haven't really researched the Rig much so I may be missing something. Any advice on getting the switch apart? I've tried pushing a battery down and I broke a precision screwdriver and bent the other one trying. Also, is there a way to run 24mm's?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hot damn that mako is dope. The mako or stingray. It's between those two... But... I keep eyeballing the Complyfe HK and any mod that has knurling, which, of course, means that I want a knurled Purge Truck.

Decisions!

In the meantime I bought another Admiral (copper this time) and a v2 Rig Mod. The Rig arrived yesterday and I'm not sure that I like it yet. It was cheap though at $120. I thought they were a lot more, but I guess that was the v1? I'll take a pic in a few minutes. I don't like that my favorite rda's (the Drop and Dead Rabbit) don't work on it. I don't have a lot of 22mm rda's either. I can run the 454 or the Wasp Nano I guess, but I really wanted to run the DR on it. The RDA that comes with it (can't remember the name) is mediocre for my tastes. I have a really aggressive build in there and it's not bad, just not brilliant. I'm using brand new Sony Vtc5a's, but I may look for a 30a cdr battery to go in it for safety. I love how small and heavy the mod is, but I don't like that I haven't been able to get it torn down yet, and as mentioned, I don't like how I can't run my 24mm rda's on it.

I haven't really researched the Rig much so I may be missing something. Any advice on getting the switch apart? I've tried pushing a battery down and I broke a precision screwdriver and bent the other one trying. Also, is there a way to run 24mm's?

I also have the Truck knurled black. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mechanical-pics.2413/page-47#post-1997577

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You suck! :p
654269191dcb06af8ffe6f5e05d2180f.jpg
1ab94b9bb4a15a022fe7dcfd3e7e0213.jpg
382dbceb913bc97beb2ed4d03bd16ac2.jpg
5e903602fa3d0a133563548f78782cce.jpg
443dd5843206fdb07818d2b2cb20347b.jpg

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Suck x 10? Suck to the 10th degree? Suck ten-fold?

You see what I'm saying.

:) Seriously though, that's awesome! Thanks for the pic too. I'm so debating what to get next. A noisy cricket arrived today (my first series, thing is rowdy!) and I have a whole lot of vape mail coming this week, including mechs. I can't find my Double Barrel all of a sudden so I may need to pick up another one, or the new Squid Industries 21700 mod. First the Admiral, now the Double Barrel... In the same week. Feels like my mods are growing legs somehow...

VU Sponsors