Become a Patron!

Puzzling to me....

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why some online and bnm shops are charging so much for hardware/tanks/pvs whatever? Seen it mostly online, and I can kinda understand a shop charging a little more. Our 1 local shop is a little high, but not as bad as some of these online vendors I've seen. $95 for an mvp2? $70 for an istick? Won't post links cuz I don't wanna send anyone their way to buy anything. Just amazes me how these places stay in business charging ridiculous prices for devices.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Even tho I can't afford anything I'm still always looking to see what deals are out there.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a free market: they're free to charge what they want, and you're free to shop someplace else. Simple as that.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will keep charging outrageous prices as long as some people are willing to pay them.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Caveat Emptor. ;)

Many buyers, especially the ones who don't shop online or don't read vape forums, they just go to a shop the same as they bought cigs.
Then, it's the luck of the draw whether they get ripped off or not. If you are new to a product and do not research it, how do you know what is excessive pricing?

I've never bought a thing from a B&M store. Even though there is a head shop/vape store that is nearly across the street, I don't plan on it either.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Our local store (only one for 50 miles or so) is okay, bought my aspire tank there for like $7, bought heads and juices there, nothing major but for convenience when u need it I can justify spending a little extra for something I need right now, mostly heads & juices. My wife said the same thing, if people are buying they're not gonna change their prices.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy from my local B&M, unless it's really too expensive (i.e. more than the price online + shipping), or they don't have the stuff I need. I figure I may as well support local businesses for the same price if I can.

VU Sponsors