Become a Patron!

Pyro RDTA Coil / Wattage Builds

brando117

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone. I was actually just throwing this out there to get a feeler on what kinds of builds and wattages people are using / running on their VV Pyros. The following is one I had just gotten put together. It is a stapled staggered fused clapton single coil (.4 ohms) - just installed coil and wicked yesterday. I plan on running it at around 30 watts. Thanks for taking the time, hope to see what you all are running with these!

IMG_2112.JPG

@SnapDragon NY - I finally got the thread posted!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hey everyone. I was actually just throwing this out there to get a feeler on what kinds of builds and wattages people are using / running on their VV Pyros. The following is one I had just gotten put together. It is a stapled staggered fused clapton single coil (.4 ohms) - just installed coil and wicked yesterday. I plan on running it at around 30 watts. Thanks for taking the time, hope to see what you all are running with these!

View attachment 118644

It doesn't look like that has any airflow hitting the coil.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

View attachment 118644

I have 2 of them and the way they are designed you won't get near as much flavor out of a single coil build as you will from a dual coil.
I'm running a dual fused Clapton at 0.12 ohms at 60 watts.

I have tried with mine because I do like a single coil but it just doesn't produce the same flavor.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

View attachment 118644

Always dual coils for me, coils as close to the air holes as possible without touching. One coil is okay but needs to have a big diameter like 4 mm or bigger

Coils like that ssfc, imo, are best for dripping so the top of the coil always gets filled with juice - I don't think they are good for tanks that wick juice up from below, but that is just my opinion

I'm all for dual coil aliens or at least fused claptons, or framed staples for tanks :) wattage is totally dependent on the size of the coils and how tight you want the air

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 of them and the way they are designed you won't get near as much flavor out of a single coil build as you will from a dual coil.

I have tried with mine because I do like a single coil but it just doesn't produce the same flavor.
I guess you might need a bigger coil. I did a 7mm coils once it was good but I think dual coils work better for less ramp up

brando117

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It doesn't look like that has any airflow hitting the coil.

Pardon my question, just trying to figure this out, do you mean it is just too far away from the airflow holes for air to hit the coil or is there something I'm missing? o_O

brando117

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I have yet to build a dual coil build at all. I will try that next time :)

brando117

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Always dual coils for me, coils as close to the air holes as possible without touching. One coil is okay but needs to have a big diameter like 4 mm or bigger

Coils like that ssfc, imo, are best for dripping so the top of the coil always gets filled with juice - I don't think they are good for tanks that wick juice up from below, but that is just my opinion

I'm all for dual coil aliens or at least fused claptons, or framed staples for tanks :) wattage is totally dependent on the size of the coils and how tight you want the air

I suppose I have a lot to learn LOL :confused:

ssfc - idk what that means :oops:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Ssfc, fast way to type "staple staggered fused clapton " lol :D
Lol
I had guessed Stainless Steel Fused Clapton. :)

@brando117
Here's my set up

8886b56eacfe32a6abf3468b6e05c767.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
These are from when I first tried a few builds in it. so they may be more what not to do if your looking for flavor. :rolleyes:

This one is single 7.5id ss flapton. Pretty good flavor for a flapton. Slow ramp up and made the cap run hot.
PYRO1.jpg

Dual 3id parallel ss fc in dual. Worked well, but mounted to high, which made cap still run hot. Good ramp up. Flavor ok but knew it should be better.
PYRO SS.jpg

Since, I run dual 2.5 id mounted closer to deck and more over the AF. Cap still wants to run warm with the short stock tip, so I swapped that out and everything's good now. No pics for that tho :)

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Pardon my question, just trying to figure this out, do you mean it is just too far away from the airflow holes for air to hit the coil or is there something I'm missing? o_O
That airflow is designed to hit the bottom of the coils with dual coils. With a single coil in the middle the airflow is going up the sides of the coil and is barely hitting the coil at all and there is definitely no airflow on the bottom side of the coil.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That airflow is designed to hit the bottom of the coils with dual coils. With a single coil in the middle the airflow is going up the sides of the coil and is barely hitting the coil at all and there is definitely no airflow on the bottom side of the coil.
Actually, it's designed for the af to also cross over to the opposing coil.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
These are from when I first tried a few builds in it. so they may be more what not to do if your looking for flavor. :rolleyes:

This one is single 7.5id ss flapton. Pretty good flavor for a flapton. Slow ramp up and made the cap run hot.
View attachment 118710

Dual 3id parallel ss fc in dual. Worked well, but mounted to high, which made cap still run hot. Good ramp up. Flavor ok but knew it should be better.
View attachment 118713

Since, I run dual 2.5 id mounted closer to deck and more over the AF. Cap still wants to run warm with the short stock tip, so I swapped that out and everything's good now. No pics for that tho :)

Did you just stick a whole pull of cotton bacon through that huge coil? 7.5mm. Damn.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just set this up. Single coil from Captain’s Craft @Pegleg Meg

Could be a touch high off the deck...

33b383697e86d5e8111c3ce40cd10ba9.jpg

c07dc802ec6ae615e0238b0b94878564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like the airflow will hit the bottom section of the coil. Usually a good thing as long as the top of the coil doesn't touch anything

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors