Become a Patron!

Q bout clear wraps for batteries

So, I need to replace my batteries wraps with new wraps I have never done this before. I was wondering, is it safe to print out some designs, cut it and slide it into the clear sleeves?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Can see two issues with this (depending of course on what you will be printing out and using)

1) You would be further insulating the battery ...allowing it to dissipate heat is a good thing

2) You’ll increase its diameter very slightly so you could find it tricky to get in and out of some battery compartments

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I need to replace my batteries wraps with new wraps I have never done this before. I was wondering, is it safe to print out some designs, cut it and slide it into the clear sleeves?

I've been doing this for years and have never had a problem. I use simple printer paper, just to record the battery type and date of purchase. This paper has a thickness of about 0.075mm, so it doesn't make my batts too much thicker and hard to get into my mods. Works for me :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's a battery, not a goddamned canvas for painting - just slip a label or ink the metal and wrap the sucker, sheesh

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's fine but as @KingPin! pointed out you may have issues with fitting in some Mod's. I have a couple of Mod's that won't take my re-wraps due to the wrap is too thick so with paper under the wrap you could have an issue. But give it a shot and if it's too thick just rewrap.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I also have to say, unless you put something under the wrap I really discourage using them. I know some people like the metal showing through but with clear wraps it's much, much more difficult to spot nicks and tears.

VU Sponsors