Become a Patron!

Q2 M2 smok coils

I've recently purchased the Q2 M2 coils by smok and have had to look up their wattage capability online,why don't they tell you on the box they came in??

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Isn't it normally better to know the wattage before you purchase the coils? Wouldn't do you much good to buy coils that needed 100w if you only had a 60w mod. But as stated.. it is on both the box and imprinted on the coils. Once you have the right coils M2 Q2 for your tank/mod you only need to worry about how much wattage suits your needs. Maybe 55w is to hot for you? Maybe to cool? Start low, work up to what you like. Save a lot on burnt out coils that way.

deathpriest

Member For 2 Years
I am thinking she knew the wattage based on the specs. The ones she bought were not marked, on the box or the coils. I am inclined to believe the authenticity of this product might be questionable

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
M2's are made for the smok v8 stick, hence you won't need wattage on the side. Besides, the recommended wattage set by smok is extremly high, I wouldn't go by that. With that said, if you don't use their stick devices then grab a box of Q2s, x4s etc. All of them list it on the side, unless you bought them from China in some cases. As others mentioned tho, the back of the box shows it, again if you didn't buy clones in China.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am thinking she knew the wattage based on the specs. The ones she bought were not marked, on the box or the coils. I am inclined to believe the authenticity of this product might be questionable
Did they come from Fasttech? If so, I cant notice any difference between their generics and official Smok Q2 coils (for baby beast tanks). 50W is plenty for me using Q2's. *scratch that question. The ones from FT look the same, only without the name smok on them.*

I have some, but haven't tried the generic M2's yet. Smok makes them for V8 stick mods, qbox, mech priv kit, stuff like that. There are different ohm M2's. I'd start low and get to a spot you're happy with. If you run them hot you lose coil life.

Isn't it normally better to know the wattage before you purchase the coils? Wouldn't do you much good to buy coils that needed 100w if you only had a 60w mod. But as stated.. it is on both the box and imprinted on the coils. Once you have the right coils M2 Q2 for your tank/mod you only need to worry about how much wattage suits your needs. Maybe 55w is to hot for you? Maybe to cool? Start low, work up to what you like. Save a lot on burnt out coils that way.[/QUO
Isn't it normally better to know the wattage before you purchase the coils? Wouldn't do you much good to buy coils that needed 100w if you only had a 60w mod. But as stated.. it is on both the box and imprinted on the coils. Once you have the right coils M2 Q2 for your tank/mod you only need to worry about how much wattage suits your needs. Maybe 55w is to hot for you? Maybe to cool? Start low, work up to what you like. Save a lot on burnt out coils that way.
Obviously its better to know the wattage first,i normally buy mine online from vapouriz but i had to pop in to a local store to purchase a couple whilst awaiting my order through the post and these were the only ones she had in stock,on the coils it says they are 3.7 volts so that gave me half a clue but because these aren't my usual coils I wasn't sure whether it was normal practicse not to put the wattage on the box or coils or whether she has sold me fakes

Last edited:
Did they come from Fasttech? If so, I cant notice any difference between their generics and official Smok Q2 coils (for baby beast tanks). 50W is plenty for me using Q2's. *scratch that question. The ones from FT look the same, only without the name smok on them.*

I have some, but haven't tried the generic M2's yet. Smok makes them for V8 stick mods, qbox, mech priv kit, stuff like that. There are different ohm M2's. I'd start low and get to a spot you're happy with. If you run them hot you lose coil life.
I brought then from a local vape shop I will be having a word as from all the feed back u have received it seems I have been sold fakes/clones thanks for your input

Thank you for your advice,I brought them from a local vape shop which is shocking to me that in this day and age that they would be selling the public fakes/clones I will be having a word with her and will advise she rectifys what she is selling if not I will be left with no choice but to let the official people know so it can be dealt with,I only brought a couple as I am awaiting my usual order online through vapourize but I feel it needs to be done for whomever else is unknowingly purchasing them.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it says they are 3.7 volts
Those coils are made for unregulated devices, specifically this-
SMSV8B-5.jpg

They'll work on a regulated mod. Just find the spot they work best for you. Start at 30W and go up from there.

VU Sponsors