jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I picked up a couple of these RTA's after loving the Fatality so much and finally got around to having a go at it. Frankly I am underwhelmed by the flavor and the cloud production. While it isn't sub par by any stretch of the imagination and the design of it is pretty clever, first impressions are simply not that great.

I plan to spend some time with it this weekend but my usual build is not great in it (Dual 22g NI80, ID 3.5), Kanthal Claptons are meh, I threw a single Juggernaught in all NI80 for the sake of saying I have done so and all of them are a little bland. I even put it on a regulated mod to further tweak the power and still not loving it.

Anyone else have one of these and having any thoughts on it? Anyone have a build that works wonderfully? I am open to experiment and want to love this thing but I am not at present.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have the SXK clone and I'm actually impressed with it.
I've had it for a little over a week now and have been using it with a pair of SS Claptons 2.5 ID 5/6 wraps at 0.19 ohms.
I vape at about 55 watts and the flavor i's great.
Last night I decided to give it a go with a single coil.
I'm using a Kanthal Clapton 3.5 ID 5/6 wraps at 0.21 ohms and I'm impressed with the flavor.

My favorite RTA for flavor has always been the Serpent SMM but this thing is every bit as good for flavor to me.

But then again, I'm the one that posted a pic of a Mont Blanc with a polished SMOK Alien.
I think you said it was like putting a Pinto next to a Mercedes. ;)

fc40d8bc4a1c7e16ba5ba81ee8b0d3b5.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Maybe I need to go smaller ID, are you building close to the deck or pulling up closer to the chimney? I just havent had any luck with mine.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I'm building close to the deck with dual coils and with single I was sure it wasn't going to be all that great because of the placement of the inner air intake but I was wrong.

EDIT I worded that wrong...
I'm building close to the chimney.

Last edited:

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the SXK clone and I'm actually impressed with it.
I've had it for a little over a week now and have been using it with a pair of SS Claptons 2.5 ID 5/6 wraps at 0.19 ohms.
I vape at about 55 watts and the flavor i's great.
Last night I decided to give it a go with a single coil.
I'm using a Kanthal Clapton 3.5 ID 5/6 wraps at 0.21 ohms and I'm impressed with the flavor.

My favorite RTA for flavor has always been the Serpent SMM but this thing is every bit as good for flavor to me.

But then again, I'm the one that posted a pic of a Mont Blanc with a polished SMOK Alien.
I've think you said it was like putting a Pinto next to a Mercedes. ;)

fc40d8bc4a1c7e16ba5ba81ee8b0d3b5.jpg

Where did you purchase your clone from?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'm building close to the deck with dual coils and with single I was sure it wasn't going to be all that great because of the placement of the inner air intake but I was wrong.

I am building close to the deck as well as it seemed it would be better. I am going to go smaller ID and back to dual coil this afternoon.

This is what I have on there right now. This was the 4th coil, forget what it is called and it came from someone on here.

Juggerknot-Build4.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I am building close to the deck as well as it seemed it would be better. I am going to go smaller ID and back to dual coil this afternoon.

This is what I have on there right now. This was the 4th coil, forget what it is called and it came from someone on here.

View attachment 116142
I'll pull mine apart and post a pic for comparison.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You are slightly higher up than I am. I think what I am going to do next is go with dual 22g NI80 at 2.5-3.0mm ID and then push them up a little and position them outward from the center and directly over the airflow. I am thinking now that the airspace created coming in is muting the flavor. I think it may be better to let the negative cavity be the center of the build deck.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Actually I worded that wrong, I'm building as close to the chimney as I can with dual coils. With a single coil obviously all you can do is put it in the center but I puting a single a bit higher up.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
OK. Going to see what happens with some repositioning later on today.

VU Sponsors