Quality clones?

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which companys have the best quality clones in your opinion (hcigar, ehpro, infinite, etc). I know authentics should be the best for quality. But what clones have you had that you have thought were great. Rba's rda's and mods. Post what you like.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hcigar, ehpro, and infinite all have some high quality clones, it just depends on the clone, some examples

hcigar has an awesome black stingray clone, not 1:1 but really awesome, also their nemesis clones are pretty good

ehpro does a pretty amazing valkyrie clone and atomic rda clone

infinite does a amazing brass stingray clone and the stillaire rda

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I absolutely dislike bottom button anything, the Camry K100 is, IMHO, a very high quality and superbly functioning clone.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I find my brass tobeco stingray vastly superior to my hcigar black copper. I think certain manufacturers are definitely better for specific clones, but there still are plenty of shitty ones sent out. Just research the specific one you sette on.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Infinite brass Stingray and Vapetech copper Pegasus are both top notch.
I have heard good things about the infinite stingrays as well. If you go that route I'd get tobeco or infinite. I also will say that I feel my black copper does hit harder. Haven't checked voltage drop, but copper does conduct better. I guess I'm saying I'd go copper, the red copper one is sexy.

I'm interested in the Pegasus, very in fact... How do you like it? I own stingrays and an akuma all clones, sounds like you could at least compare to the stingray. How is the switch and locking ring? And will it fire without being locked, standing? Thanks!

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right now I think Ehpro is doing the best job and presenting damn good presentation boxes with nice extras.
have not had a bad one yet....

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My only ehpro is my kayfun lite v2, and it is great. The v2 is leaps and bounds ahead of the old design, though ironically I get more airflow out of my original lite clone. The ehpro came in a great box with a full clear tube in addition to the usual stuff, and some kanthal, silica, and a keychain screwdriver. For 31 bucks shipped, from a u.s. Vendor.

I have no experience with ehpro mech clones. I have tobeco, hcigar, and acerig. They all have their merits, and though ehpro seems to be good, I don't think any manufacturer makes good clones across the board. I think you have to research each model to find the best, ideally.

Also, individual batches etc... Vary by brand. China clones don't have tolerances and inspections to the level of a good authentic, if at all. So one acerig akuma might be great, as most videos I've seen have said, but mine has a slightly wonky locking ring. That makes it worse, since it's even hard to just say X brand is the best.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Every EHPro clone I have has been top quality. Same with Infinite. HCigar is pretty good too. I will not even try Tobeco because I have heard way too much negative.

I have had
EHPro: Panzer SS, KFL+ v2
Infinite: Panzer SS
HCigar: Taifun GT, King v1

I also have a KFL+ from angelcigs that I do not know who makes it. But it is pretty good quality too.

Dash9

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm interested in the Pegasus, very in fact... How do you like it? I own stingrays and an akuma all clones, sounds like you could at least compare to the stingray. How is the switch and locking ring? And will it fire without being locked, standing? Thanks!

My Stingray needed a thorough cleaning when I got it but the performance was fantastic. It hit hard and was pretty to look at. My firing button was a tad crunchy at first but a good cleaning and a little use took care of that. Didn't have any problems with the locking ring and it would not fire when locked and stood on end... until I stripped the threads of the locking ring. Now that my Pegasus is here the Stingray is sidelined until I get a new locking ring. I used that mod all day every day. If I'm just driving for a full day I won't worry about it and will still use the Stingray, but ut won't be my out and about mod.

Now the Pegasus... that beautiful thing hits like a freight train. I usually drip 18 and 24mg juice but intend to back down to 12 at least. It is a solid piece of work but nicely crafted. Wish it had the floating 510 but once adjusted I don't even think about it. Button is easy. I just need to wrap my head around the locking ring being threaded opposite of what I would usually twist but it's nice. Absolutely no regrets in that purchase. This could likely be my endgame unless I decide to fool around with 26650 mods for a bit. Now I just need to search for my perfect RDA.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Infinite brass Stingray and Vapetech copper Pegasus are both top notch.
I have both of these but particularly enjoy the latter. Ever since the Pegasus came in a couple weeks ago it's been my all day device.
semumuta.jpg

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm really thinking I'm gonna wind up with a Pegasus. I want my next purchase to be an authentic, though. No moral reasons, I just want one authentic. That Pegasus clone gets great reviews and the price is right... fuck me. Lol. Goddamn mech mods. I could never have enough.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really thinking I'm gonna wind up with a Pegasus. I want my next purchase to be an authentic, though. No moral reasons, I just want one authentic. That Pegasus clone gets great reviews and the price is right... fuck me. Lol. Goddamn mech mods. I could never have enough.
I know the feeling about collecting mechanicals. Trying to reel myself back in and find a great 50+ VW mod and a wooden bottom feeder.

kboxvegas

Member For 4 Years
I can say I prefer the ehpro kfl+ clone hands down to all others including the latest "black edition" tobeco which is the only kfl+ that ever has ever flooded on me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know the feeling about collecting mechanicals. Trying to reel myself back in and find a great 50+ VW mod and a wooden bottom feeder.
Yeah... they are so gorgeous and addictive. I need to ban myself from reading about mechs, but that's never gonna happen. I'm gonna try, try, to reel myself back in too, but in search of saving for an authentic. 50 vw does sound awesome, I just am SOOO into mechs. It seems we suffer from the same syndrome, which many if not most vapers do, we can never have enough.

kboxvegas, do you have the EHPRO v2? I have that one, and an lsk plain old kafyun lite. The v2 upgrades make a HUGE difference, though even with airflow all the way out, my lsk has better flow. Not adjustable, but it's perfect for me. Damn, though, they really knocked it out of the park with the v2. The gaskets are way better, and the way the new top cap seals deep over the chimney, with the new o ring and deeper hole is just perfect. I will be buying another at some point... there it goes again... something to buy. Damnit!

kboxvegas

Member For 4 Years
kboxvegas, do you have the EHPRO v2? I have that one, and an lsk plain old kafyun lite. The v2 upgrades make a HUGE difference, though even with airflow all the way out, my lsk has better flow. Not adjustable, but it's perfect for me. Damn, though, they really knocked it out of the park with the v2. The gaskets are way better, and the way the new top cap seals deep over the chimney, with the new o ring and deeper hole is just perfect. I will be buying another at some point... there it goes again... something to buy. Damnit!

Yep, I have two of the V2's and just ordered a third on Sunday. I agree that the updates are much better than what anyone else has done with the kfl+. I also have two of their V1's that have been trouble free even without the updates although they did come with bigger airholes so they may have been a revision of the original release. I gave my other kayfun clones to friends that were still on protanks and vivi's. I did however, opt to keep the black edition which leaks with everything except for the thickest juices. I keep that one at home for dessert flavors that I may only take a couple of hits a day of. Did not want to give the gift of a pocket full of juice.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gifting a pocket of juice just isn't cool, lol. I'm glad you brought that up, since I've been considering a black to match my black stingray. Even with my kfl, no +, by lsk, it's always user error of some kind if they flood, and I'm getting increasingly better, able to solve most floods in a quick second. Only thing that gets me is heat in my car. I've found that taking the atty off my mod, and standing it upright, preferably out of the sun, has mostly solved this, interestingly.

I love my kayfuns. They are perfect for me, and relatively easy, who can complain about that. Cheap, too. My EHPRO was from a us vendor on eBay for 31.99 with free shipping. Shipped same day and got here in three days. Awesome.

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
That is a hard question. I have ehpro, tobeco, infinite and hcigar clones and I think they all have their niche depending on which mod or clone we are talking about. I find some of infinites clones awesome and some not so much...same with the others listed.

Just my two cents....YMMV

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is a hard question. I have ehpro, tobeco, infinite and hcigar clones and I think they all have their niche depending on which mod or clone we are talking about. I find some of infinites clones awesome and some not so much...same with the others listed.

Just my two cents....YMMV
It's so true. Just research as much as possible that specific mod and you should find the best. Still can get a dud, though. I think I've already said this, but my tobeco brass stingray is way smoother out of the box, no adjustments or cleaning initially even. My hcigar wouldn't fire two of my batteries at first, and had a crappy switch, I almost returned it. It has broken in now though, so that's another thing to consider.

kboxvegas

Member For 4 Years
Gifting a pocket of juice just isn't cool, lol. I'm glad you brought that up, since I've been considering a black to match my black stingray. Even with my kfl, no +, by lsk, it's always user error of some kind if they flood, and I'm getting increasingly better, able to solve most floods in a quick second. Only thing that gets me is heat in my car. I've found that taking the atty off my mod, and standing it upright, preferably out of the sun, has mostly solved this, interestingly.

I love my kayfuns. They are perfect for me, and relatively easy, who can complain about that. Cheap, too. My EHPRO was from a us vendor on eBay for 31.99 with free shipping. Shipped same day and got here in three days. Awesome.
By "black edition" I was actually referring to the custom tobeco model as seen here http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2014/05/rollout-kayfun-black-edition-version-3.html which now seems to be based on the ehpro instead of tobeco in the latest version.

I wouldn't think the black (colored) ones would perform any differently than their stainless brethren.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
By "black edition" I was actually referring to the custom tobeco model as seen here http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2014/05/rollout-kayfun-black-edition-version-3.html which now seems to be based on the ehpro instead of tobeco in the latest version.

I wouldn't think the black (colored) ones would perform any differently than their stainless brethren.

I see. I have to check if there is an EHPRO one. I kinda want to trade my black copper, since I have a bronze, and prefer a patina, so it might not matter anyway.

Vapezone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
all of my products are original from the supplier ,so I don't this ,buy hope everyone can choose the authentic rather than clone with enough money

VU Sponsors