Become a Patron!

Question about 0.8 ohm coils.

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Vapingunderground community. I am posting this post because I just had a question about the Kangertech 0.8 ohm dual coils. First, my kit is just an Aspire cf vv 1300 mah and the tank I currently use is the Kangertech Genitank. I was wondering if the 0.8 ohm coils would work with my tank and battery or do I have to get a higher ohm coil?? I am a noob so please many helps and thank you.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's interesting that in all the Aspire advertized specs, including the Aspire website, there's no mention of what the minimum resistance or the maximum amperage output values are.

Perhaps if I was willing to watch a video, someone will have tested it... but that's more your job, dodo. ;)

Anyway... lets say, for the sake of argument, that those values are fairly common with most other VV 1300mAh stick form batteries on the market. If that's the case, and giving the battery the benefit of the doubt (3+/- amps @ it's maximum voltage output of 4.2v)... you're looking at a battery that will adequately support a minimum resistance of 1.2~1.5Ω with resistance to amperage parity.

It may "fire" below those values.... but like similar devices, the current output is less than Ohm's law calculations for parity with resistance.

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's interesting that in all the Aspire advertized specs, including the Aspire website, there's no mention of what the minimum resistance or the maximum amperage output values are.

Perhaps if I was willing to watch a video, someone will have tested it... but that's more your job, dodo. ;)

Anyway... lets say, for the sake of argument, that those values are fairly common with most other VV 1300mAh stick form batteries on the market. If that's the case, and giving the battery the benefit of the doubt (3+/- amps @ it's maximum voltage output of 4.2v)... you're looking at a battery that will adequately support a minimum resistance of 1.2~1.5Ω with resistance to amperage parity.

It may "fire" below those values.... but like similar devices, the current output is less than Ohm's law calculations for parity with resistance.
Thank you for your reply Flux! I guess I will just some higher ohm coils. Man vaping is so confusing sometimes.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your reply Flux! I guess I will just some higher ohm coils. Man vaping is so confusing sometimes.
No problem... it can be confusing - especially in the beginning - for anyone that doesn't have a DC electro-mechanical background.

If you'd like to learn a little of what I know... click on all three of my sigline hyperlinks. Much of what they cover will apply to your current equipment... and certainly your future equipment.
wink.gif

VU Sponsors