Become a Patron!

Question about building coils.

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
I've been building my own coils for a month or two. I've mainly been using 22g kanthal a-1 wrapping 5 times and that ohms out anywhere from .14 to .16. Now my question is if I twisted the wire like twisted claptons would it ohm out higher or lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been building my own coils for a month or two. I've mainly been using 22g kanthal a-1 wrapping 5 times and that ohms out anywhere from .14 to .16. Now my question is if I twisted the wire like twisted claptons would it ohm out higher or lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lower... much lower... like .07 Ohms.

Take a trip over to www.steam-engine.org, or grab Vape Tool Pro from the Google Play Store. Those tools will help you figure out your coil building.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lower... much lower... like .07 Ohms.

Take a trip over to www.steam-engine.org, or grab Vape Tool Pro from the Google Play Store. Those tools will help you figure out your coil building.

I use vape tool pro as well. The twisted wire is the only type on there I have issues with. If you don't know the pitch of the twist it won't come out right. But a twisted 28 comes out to .38ohms.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use vape tool pro as well. The twisted wire is the only type on there I have issues with. If you don't know the pitch of the twist it won't come out right. But a twisted 28 comes out to .38ohms.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah... that's where Steam Engine comes in handy... Still, it'll get ya close...

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
well since it will only fire down to a .1 ohm coil.... Your not going to be able to fire a .07....

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My 213 fires to .08 but it's still a regulated turd.
Twist some 26G kanthal for regulated it'll work the best and be efficient ... Good thing about 26G kanthal is well everything you can grow with that gauge, almost every type of build out their you can learn on 26G and vape it.. fused claptons, dual core alien fused claptons, twisted, sfc...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors