Become a Patron!

Question about e cigs

Hello,

I am newbie and I have no idea which one to buy. I want to quit smoking and a friend of mine started smoking Juul ecigs (www.juulvapor.com), does anyone has any recommendation about them? I am thinking of starting with the starter kit, but it's more expensive than the others.

I would like to know some feedback first because I didn't find any on here.

Thank you

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
Any of those devices are going to be expensive, especially the cartridges. Thats how they make their $$$, the cartridges that only the manufacturer makes that fit a particular device. There are a number of those types of devices out there and I have seen good reviews on some of them but there are less expensive ways to get into vaping. I always recommend newbies to start with some sort of vape pen, not the big fat ones, get your feet wet, so to speak. Then take some time to learn about what is available and what you want to do.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Start small and cheap. Something with a refillable tank and replaceable coils. You want a mouth to lung draw, like you would puff on a cigarette, to simulate smoking. A lot of quitting is doing something with your hands while you are in the process. I started with a Vplum https://www.heavengifts.com/product/VapeOnly-vPlum-VW-Simple-Kit-with-BVC-Cartomizer-900mAh.html (not endorsing the vendor, it was just first on google). There are other brands and types of devices that do the same thing, some are much smaller now, even some about the size of a match box. Best thing is talk to your local vape shop staff, or a couple different vape shops staff. They can help with the nicotine level you should be using as well.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say, there is such a plethora of stuff on the market today, I don't even know where to start when people ask me what they should get. I mean, back when I started, things were a lot simpler, yet I was totally lost. Clearomizers? Cartomizers? Dripper? Mods? WTF is all that and what does one choose to quit smoking? I can't imagine having to choose vaping hardware today.

Fortunately, nowadays there are many nice, no-nonsense kits that work plenty good enough to take you all the way from beginner to advanced vaper without breaking the bank. So I'll tell you what I usually tell people: plan on spending $100 on a good kit, but also battery(s) and your first juices, go to a serious B&M vape store and ask them for advice. If the store is serious, they'll set you up with a kit that'll perform well for a long time.

Just stay the hell away from Wismec, is my only personal advice - unless you want burn your house down and collect on insurance without looking suspicious :)

vaporscout

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would start with the baby alien mod by smok but be careful on you rnic strength when you get your juice, its an easy one to start with and to operate. Also be sure you get extra coils when you get it, after that I would order coils and anything else you need online its a heck of a lot cheaper

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for your replies, are really helpful. I will check this out and will try to talk to a local vape shop staff.

The Juul is the closest thing to a real cigarette I ever tried

So much so, I took one drag from one (I got it for my husband) and had to put it down, it was so much like a cigarette, which I have not actually smoked in over a year and a half

Expensive yes, cheaper than smoking? it is compared to most states these days

Mr Juicy doesn't want to quit smoking, but needs to. He has had no issues with juice in the mouth and other problems common with cheaper set ups

VU Sponsors