Become a Patron!

Question about juice?

New member, first post. If this is covered in excess somewhere feel free to link me to it. I’ve got a geek vape box mod, with a hellheim RBA, running dual coils, around .13 ohms at 60-65 watts. The problem I’ve been running into lately, is juice selection. I’ve almost had to strictly stick to mint based flavors bevause everything else destroys my coils in 2 to 3 days. Does anyone have brands or flavors that aren’t going to ruin my coils constantly? My local vape shop has a huge selection, but most of the brands are sweet or savers flavors that I know are gonna kill my coils and at $30 a bottle, I really don’t wanna keep buying stuff that I know isnt going to work for me. Open to any suggestions!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
New member, first post. If this is covered in excess somewhere feel free to link me to it. I’ve got a geek vape box mod, with a hellheim RBA, running dual coils, around .13 ohms at 60-65 watts. The problem I’ve been running into lately, is juice selection. I’ve almost had to strictly stick to mint based flavors bevause everything else destroys my coils in 2 to 3 days. Does anyone have brands or flavors that aren’t going to ruin my coils constantly? My local vape shop has a huge selection, but most of the brands are sweet or savers flavors that I know are gonna kill my coils and at $30 a bottle, I really don’t wanna keep buying stuff that I know isnt going to work for me. Open to any suggestions!
Hi :wave:Welcome to the forum.

Pretty much all store bought eliquid kills coils. It has to do with the overuse of sweeteners in the eliquid.
Back in the day when they would make house eliquid in the vape shop you could have easily gotten them to go light on the flavor and/or add no sweetener. Now with all of the dumb anti-vaping laws we are stuck with the over sweetened stuff on the shelf.

If I was at a vape shop and had to choose from a bunch of eliquids that I'm unfamiliar with I would choose the clearest of the brands they have. I like Strawberry so I'd be looking for something strawberry that wasn't dark yellow or even worse brown.
The clearer juice is the easier it is on the coils. This applies to both opened and unopened eliquids.

Hi :wave:Welcome to the forum.

Pretty much all store bought eliquid kills coils. It has to do with the overuse of sweeteners in the eliquid.
Back in the day when they would make house eliquid in the vape shop you could have easily gotten them to go light on the flavor and/or add no sweetener. Now with all of the dumb anti-vaping laws we are stuck with the over sweetened stuff on the shelf.

If I was at a vape shop and had to choose from a bunch of eliquids that I'm unfamiliar with I would choose the clearest of the brands they have. I like Strawberry so I'd be looking for something strawberry that wasn't dark yellow or even worse brown.
The clearer juice is the easier it is on the coils. This applies to both opened and unopened eliquids.
Any brands that you stick with? The shops local to me have slim pickings when it comes to clear liquids. Usually the “mints” line are good, but again I’ve been using those so much that I’m getting tired of the flavors

Eliquids will eventually destroy the coils, no matter what the flavor is. You can try fruit based juices. They are not bad either.

VU Sponsors