Become a Patron!

Question about kanthal and nickel wires.

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just got the ipv mini d2 and I'm still pondering if I should get the sigelei 150 or sigelei 150 Tc. Because I see some people twisting nickel and kanthal. What are th benefits of twisting or clapton a nickel/kanthal build? Does it heat up faster using both kinds of wires? While at the same time we won't get dry hits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It tends to raise the resistance up so you don't have to use as many wraps as compared to Nickel NI200 alone. It works well, does not heat up any faster than standard Nickel builds. No you won't get a dry hit if you have the device temp and power set correctly.

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It tends to raise the resistance up so you don't have to use as many wraps as compared to Nickel NI200 alone. It works well, does not heat up any faster than standard Nickel builds. No you won't get a dry hit if you have the device temp and power set correctly.
Thank you! Ok I'll get the 150 Tc then. Less wraps is always a good thing. I can barely fit my zipper build... -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What you need to remember is when you combine NI200 and Kanthal, the temp readings will not be spot on accurate, so you will need to experiment with your power settings and temp to adjust to taste.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the kanthal seem to give off a better flavor, or it could be all in my head.

VU Sponsors