Become a Patron!

Question about nic

Hey guys, new user here. So I am very much an amateur. Ive been vaping for probably around nine months ish, ive gone through a few mods and juices and found ones i like but unfortunately ive had to move. I used to vape a 6% salt based nic but where i live now there are no stores nearby that carry salt based juices. I know regular nic hits harder so i got a 3% but the hit isnt the problem, after vaping for a few hours i got incredibly sick and felt like i was going to throw up. I dont think ive ever used anything besides salt based nic so i dont know if this is what made me feel sick or if im just sick from something i ate, so i guess the real question is "will non salt based nic make you sick if you arent used to it?" I really dont want to wait two days to get a shipment of juice in but if if is what is making me feel like im going to throw up then i dont really want to be vaping it lol.

Laurent

Member For 4 Years
Hopefully someone more experienced on this will respond as I've never used salt's before. However, I'd just order some juice with the salts your already use to as you will have some on the way. From what I've read on this forum people respond differently to pretty much everything. The last thing I'd want to do is not be satisfied (or sick) from vaping and go back to the cigs. It's not like you'd be wasting money as the shelf life is at least a year to two anyways. Good luck and welcome.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can get Nic Sick or too much using Salt or Freebase Nicotine but at 3MG you would most probably need to vape constantly for hours at least in my opinion. I am thinking one of the flavoring didn't agree with you if anything. Good Luck

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve said what I was going to, but it could also be the type of nic that the juice manufacturer used that id's affecting you. I'm just shooting in the dark myself, but could be what's happening. One juice manufacturer could use a different nic from another and it just may not agree with you. Maybe try a juice from a different vape shop if what you got was house juice or if it was a major manufacturer, maybe try a different company's juice.

Also, welcome to VU, I'm glad you came here. Others may pop in with other advice. I hope you get thisissue resolved.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the welcomes :)

I didnt think to check the manufacturer but the juice is from churchill vape co. Might just be their nic. The salt based nic juice that im used to is a house blend but ive also had some from big names like smoke to live and juishy but never had any problems. Ill try another brand. Unfortunately there arent many options where i live now unless i get it shipped.

Thank you guys for the feedback and thoughts!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the welcomes :)

I didnt think to check the manufacturer but the juice is from churchill vape co. Might just be their nic. The salt based nic juice that im used to is a house blend but ive also had some from big names like smoke to live and juishy but never had any problems. Ill try another brand. Unfortunately there arent many options where i live now unless i get it shipped.

Thank you guys for the feedback and thoughts!
Anytime, that's what we're here for. I hope you find a juice that works well for you. Please let us know if you find a juice that helps with your issue.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
The OP is talking juice in % which is not the same as mg. 6% is 60 mg and 3% is 30mg. It is totally feasible that you could get sick vaping a lot at those doses.

The OP is talking juice in % which is not the same as mg. 6% is 60 mg and 3% is 30mg. It is totally feasible that you could get sick vaping a lot at those doses.
woops, my noobness is showing. sorry about that you are right. somewhere along the line i started using them interchangeably and never corrected myself. im used to vaping 6mg salt based nic. what i *might* have gotten sick on was a non salt based of 3mg.

old: Juishy/smoke-to-live/house blend
new: churchill british vapor co

to be fair to the juice it is a good juice, at least taste wise, my illness could be from stress and i just associated it with the new juice. the passed 72 hours have been incredibly stressful as im dealing with legal stuff and even though I should be fine there I have had to spend a months pay on fees and its been a few weeks since i had stopped vaping just cause i couldnt afford it.

jb58

Member For 4 Years
If it's too much nic try eating something sweet like m&ms, chocolate or even a little sugar and if it's the nic it should pass pretty quick.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it's too much nic try eating something sweet like m&ms, chocolate or even a little sugar and if it's the nic it should pass pretty quick.

I never heard of doing this and honestly I don't think it would have helped the few times I got Nic Sick but that is just me. I might just try this suugestion in the future. I only actually got Nic Sick after I quit smoking hasn't happened in years though since I vape 3MG. When I was at 24-36MG easy to over do it but I recently vaped some 24MG for a Giants Game at the stadium and not problem chain vaping that.

jb58

Member For 4 Years
I smoked cigars off and on for about 20 years (still have about 200 in a humidor)I can tell you it works if your nic sick.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I smoked Marlboro Reds for almost 40 years and the minimum was a pack a day.

VU Sponsors