Become a Patron!

Question About Ohms.

Ok so how do you lower/raise the ohms on a mech device (if you can.) do you coil the wire differently is it about which cartomizer/atomizer you use?
Is it the battery you have? (I know the battery effects how low you can go safely etc)
I ordered my vape today and im trying to get all this down before it arrives.
(What i bought if curious or could help answer my question.)
e0H9SwR.png

lEUyvJ4.png

e0H9SwR,lEUyvJ4,G4eGBMe

if you can answer any of these please do :D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You adjust ohms by varying the build of the coil. Either by building, or by picking a particular atty head for a clearo.
Sell the batteries as they are ICR and are highly dangerous with mechanical mods and rebuildable atomisers. ONLY use IMR style batteries in this world of vaping.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The mod and atty choices are just fine. As for coiling advice, we have lovely subforums on that topic! Again I MUST STRESS that you do NOT use those batteries.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
To late already purchased. But ill be sure to get IMR batteries soon thought.
Not sure who would buy them.....when in doubt...throw them out. I know I speak on behalf of the entire membership of VU when I need you to be safe and happy on your vaping journey!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To late already purchased. But ill be sure to get IMR batteries soon thought.
Just because you've bought them doesn't mean you can use them. Please don't. And please don't build any coils without a means of testing what you build (I didn't see an ohm checker on your purchase list, but maybe you already have a multimeter), or go below 1 ohm until you've done a couple successful builds.

Otherwise, good setup - I've had the same Nemmy for 6 months or so as my primary mod and it's been great, though that black chrome finish goes to hell real quick...

Just because you've bought them doesn't mean you can use them. Please don't. And please don't build any coils without a means of testing what you build (I didn't see an ohm checker on your purchase list, but maybe you already have a multimeter), or go below 1 ohm until you've done a couple successful builds.

Otherwise, good setup - I've had the same Nemmy for 6 months or so as my primary mod and it's been great, though that black chrome finish goes to hell real quick...
I got an ohms reader just didnt put it on the list.
and i doubt ill ever try to go below .5 ohm

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a hybrid. Like the VTC5. 20a rated. Haven't used them myself but a lot of people here like them a lot.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMHO and what my two cents is worth......The LG HE2 is a Hybrid IMR...either the "ICR" in the ad is a typo or the ad is for the wrong battery....I got one with my Vapor Shark rDNA 40....i normally use Samsung or Sony's but I thought I would try it out it a mech just to see how it held up against them....I only have it on a .9 ohm build but it seems to work just fine....I don't notice a difference really between it and my Samsungs. I would make damn sure that it is the right battery though and if it is I would keep it safe and don't go building super crazy low with it....if it is a 20 amp continuous discharge you don't want to go below .25-.3. I don't go below .4 personally. pushing a battery to it's max all the time is a good way to stress it and burn it out quickly...and without crazy airflow a crazy build gets crazy hot and can be very uncomfortable if you're not used to it. It can take a lot of the flavor out of the liquid and you'll burn threw it at super low ohms super fast. On the subject of changing your ohms.....if you're rebuilding an atty the thicker guage of the wire the lower resistance the wire has....the more wraps you have in your coil the higher resistance it will have.....on 2.5 mm drill bit a coil with 8 wrapps of 28 kanthal will have somwhere around 1.3 ohm (I am thinking off time top of my head, that's not 100 percent accurate but its in the ballpark.) where as 8 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal on the same drill bit will be around 0.98. 8 wraps of 24 gauge will put you around .5ish if your only doing a single coil setup for all of these examples. You're best bet is to start with a wire around 28/29 gauge wire so you have the higher resistance to play with making single/dual coil setups and then buy a few feet of a thicker gauge and try wrapping a coil with it to see how you like it. Ideally you want to keep between 5-8 wraps per coil...you can do whatever you like but less than that and the coil burns it out quicker and distorts easier making it a pain to deal with and more than 8-10 the time it takes to heat the coil is much higher so you will get a cooler vape and can wick weird because because the coil is wide and a micro coil heats from the center out so when it does get hot the liquid is burning on the way to the center of the coil and can dry hit (it's not really that bad but I have noticed it playing around.) make sure to meter your coil everytime you change your wick and check and make sure screws haven't wiggled loose causing shorts because this can happen with some cheaper made attys fairly easy.....and most importantly have fun! I hope some of this helps a little. Oh, I almost forgot....most importantly....all of this advice is written under the assupmtion that you are using a 20 amp continuous discharge high drain IMR battery....always use an Ohm's Law calculator and check your build to make sure that it's safe with your batteries....don't type in the assumed voltage drop either....check it at "4.2" for the volts part of the equation. better to make sure than type in a smaller number and have something go horribly wrong. Ok...i'm done ranting now. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors