Become a Patron!

Question about the Noisy Cricket.....

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use my ultrasonic cleaner. I found a brand new harbor freight one at my local salvation army for $4. It's gets the button and 510 spotless and I just clean the mod body threads with alcohol wips

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

May have to pick up an ultra sonic cleaner myself. Having some button issues with the N.C. Saw a arc spark from the threads. Crud in the threads. Also getting mis-fires on certain batteries.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May have to pick up an ultra sonic cleaner myself. Having some button issues with the N.C. Saw a arc spark from the threads. Crud in the threads. Also getting mis-fires on certain batteries.
Everytime my button starts to act up I throw it in the cleaner and it clears up the miss fire

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use alcohol and a qtip but can still see gunk in the threads. Will try one of those dental pic tiny brushes to get into the threads and not mess them up.

Hello guys I'm a new to series mods etc, I recently bought a noisey cricket 2, I bought pre built coils witch are said to be around .2 ohms and I want to run a dual coil build. The batteries I have are Lg hg2. Would I be safe to use those coils on series mode and what volts would you guys recommend, I have no experience with this, and that's why I'm here getting feedback. I'm using a tsunami rda. Thank you

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys I'm a new to series mods etc, I recently bought a noisey cricket 2, I bought pre built coils witch are said to be around .2 ohms and I want to run a dual coil build. The batteries I have are Lg hg2. Would I be safe to use those coils on series mode and what volts would you guys recommend, I have no experience with this, and that's why I'm here getting feedback. I'm using a tsunami rda. Thank you
Do not run those coils in series mode. A series build should never be below .3 ohms in my opinion. But I build to be safe and that's around .5 ohms with a dual coil setup. If you put those coils on at .2 on a series you'd be pulling 42 amps and like 350 watts. Which is clearly very unsafe. Check out www.steam-engine.org and you can pin point what your build should be. You never want to go above your batteries cdr.
Edit* I'm not sure if you mean .2 per coil or that's with both but if that's per coil you would be pulling even more amps.

Do not run those coils in series mode. A series build should never be below .3 ohms in my opinion. But I build to be safe and that's around .5 ohms with a dual coil setup. If you put those coils on at .2 on a series you'd be pulling 42 amps and like 350 watts. Which is clearly very unsafe. Check out www.steam-engine.org and you can pin point what your build should be. You never want to go above your batteries cdr.
Edit* I'm not sure if you mean .2 per coil or that's with both but if that's per coil you would be pulling even more amps.
I appreciate your advice and I will take it into consideration, and yes it is per coil. Another question, I'm not good with making coils , so what pre built coils would your recommend to get that are .5 ohms as a pair.

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1 Ohm each
That's about 130W with fresh (series) batteries

Hello, I came across this guys video, head to 11:40 on the video

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, I came across this guys video, head to 11:40 on the video

Its because Heathen is a retard and didn't explain which deck he was using in the Neutron, just stated he is running the mod in series and not running the Series Deck and he even seemed bewildered by that with his comment...also .50+ is regarded as safe, as mentioned by the other fine people in this thread for Series... Now if you also have this RDA, then set it up with the right deck, and whatever coils you run it will double it due to how its designed.

But all other RDAs/RTAs that aren't all Short Yellow Bus Designed...2 coils halves the resistance.

Here is a video by Jaybo explaining the Neutron

Its because Heathen is a retard and didn't explain which deck he was using in the Neutron, just stated he is running the mod in series and not running the Series Deck and he even seemed bewildered by that with his comment...also .50+ is regarded as safe, as mentioned by the other fine people in this thread for Series... Now if you also have this RDA, then set it up with the right deck, and whatever coils you run it will double it due to how its designed.

But all other RDAs/RTAs that aren't all Short Yellow Bus Designed...2 coils halves the resistance.

Here is a video by Jaybo explaining the Neutron

Thank you, I appreciate it a lot . Everyday I learn something new even if it's Heathen being a retard, and say I get the Neutron and have the series deck, would I be able to run the coils I've mentioned above safely?

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, sorry to change topic here, but does anyone know where to get a cheap fire button for the NC?

Mine had not been used in a long time, and the threads had got so gunky it was as if the fire button was glued in. I managed to get it out after a struggle, but it is wrecked. I enjoyed the cricket as it was quite a fun, rowdy little mod, so would like to get it working again.

I took my normal build for the Cricket (Dual 26G SS316L 3MM, 14 wraps, around 0.65 when heated), and have put it on a DNA200. Running it at similar power to the cricket just isn't the same, don't get me wrong it is a very nice vape, but the cricket feels different being a mechanical mod, smoother is the only way I can describe it.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi everyone, sorry to change topic here, but does anyone know where to get a cheap fire button for the NC?

Mine had not been used in a long time, and the threads had got so gunky it was as if the fire button was glued in. I managed to get it out after a struggle, but it is wrecked. I enjoyed the cricket as it was quite a fun, rowdy little mod, so would like to get it working again.

I took my normal build for the Cricket (Dual 26G SS316L 3MM, 14 wraps, around 0.65 when heated), and have put it on a DNA200. Running it at similar power to the cricket just isn't the same, don't get me wrong it is a very nice vape, but the cricket feels different being a mechanical mod, smoother is the only way I can describe it.
I don't know about your side of the pond, but Fat Daddy has them. Maybe they ship to the UK without taking arm+leg for shipping costs...
http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html
Maybe email them and they may know of a UK or EU distributor...

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know about your side of the pond, but Fat Daddy has them. Maybe they ship to the UK without taking arm+leg for shipping costs...
http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html
Maybe email them and they may know of a UK or EU distributor...

The upgrade they offer is pretty snazzy. $15 bucks for better designed button and positive cap.. Downside, it only works on the older model Crickets.

VU Sponsors