Become a Patron!

Question about vaping.

Hello all!

I am pretty new to vaping, only been vaping for about 1-2 weeks and mainly have a question about my hits that I take off my vape.

A little background:
Been smoking organic tobacco (home grown) for about 3 years
Vape I have is a little eGo One (nothing fancy)
EJuice is Vandalia Mist Banana Cream 50/50 PG/VG

now my question is when I vape after an extended time without it, such as when I wake up in the mornings or on my breaks at work, the first couple drags I take burn really bad in the back of my throat, but after I keep dragging that goes away.

I'm wondering what it could be? I've heard that this is a sign of a PG alergy and a lot of people suggest trying 100% VG ejuice to see if that resolves the issue, but I was also wondering could this maybe be a sign of the vapor not cooling off enough from the coil?

I'm pretty new to all this and my vocabulary is kind of limited on all the terms, so really any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be several things: you could be getting dry hits when you first vape or your nic level could be too high. Doesn't sound at all like a PG allergy. What equipment are you using? If you're doing lung hits, rather than mouth to lung, PG at 50% can be pretty harsh.

Ah I see, well my equipment isn't nothing fancy just a little eGo one and I do take lung hits instead of mouth to lung. My nic level on my juice is 12MG if that helps any.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever works for you!

If you take lung hits with 50/50 it can be pretty harsh :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh okay, well what kind of ejuice would u recommened for lung hits? 100% VG?

Depends what you can run in your ego One. You should be able to get 70VG to wick, but any higher you'll have to experiment. 100% VG is usually used only in drippers (and is rare, because most flavorings are PG based). You'll find that 'max vg' is generally 80% VG. If you're using the 0.5 ohm coils they may be designed for higher VG, since those are recommended for lung hits.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey bud...you say you've been vaping 1-2 weeks....congrats! and welcome to VU :)

I drip and lung hit on rebuildables 50/50 juice and it does take a bit to get used to but at 6mg nic it's usually fine...sometimes with my juices with cinnamon it will tingle the back of my throat if I've been chain vaping. You can try more VG like @AmandaD said...but also I wanna ask if it started from the first time you've vaped or has it started in the last couple days? Sometimes when a coil is about ready to be changed its gunked up and doesn't wick well giving you something like semi-dry hits and that can leave an unpleasant almost burning sensation in the back of your throat while still getting some flavor because your coil isn't wicking very well and it's burning built up e-liquid that's kinda gunked up on the coil and then after a couple of drags you're getting fresh liquid again to the coil and it smooths out along with your throat getting used to it....maybe try changing your coil head as well and see if that helps.

Best of luck to you, congrats again on the switch, and happy vaping! :)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all!

I am pretty new to vaping, only been vaping for about 1-2 weeks and mainly have a question about my hits that I take off my vape.

A little background:
Been smoking organic tobacco (home grown) for about 3 years
Vape I have is a little eGo One (nothing fancy)
EJuice is Vandalia Mist Banana Cream 50/50 PG/VG

now my question is when I vape after an extended time without it, such as when I wake up in the mornings or on my breaks at work, the first couple drags I take burn really bad in the back of my throat, but after I keep dragging that goes away.

I'm wondering what it could be? I've heard that this is a sign of a PG alergy and a lot of people suggest trying 100% VG ejuice to see if that resolves the issue, but I was also wondering could this maybe be a sign of the vapor not cooling off enough from the coil?

I'm pretty new to all this and my vocabulary is kind of limited on all the terms, so really any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Sorry for the late response, but I can relate to this. It happens to me all the time. Ill work for a few hours, find a second to take a couple vapes, and it will burn the back of my throat. If it feels like 'how chew spit burns' its normal. It almost reminds me of strong ginger 'burn'.

In my opinion, this is what happens when your throat becomes more sensitive to the nicotine, from extended periods of time not vaping. If you rarely vape and this always happens and it gets annoying, lower your nicotine level. If it goes away, its normal.

A normal nic content for casual use will burn my throat after a few hours of not vaping. Just like your experience, it goes away after a few minutes.

VU Sponsors