Become a Patron!

Question about Xtar Battries.

McGanksta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a quick hello, and some background.
First, I do not vape, but my wife does. I like to tinker and build things. I like to learn new stuff, try new stuff, and make my wife happy.
I am joining up here in hopes of finding some information on building RDAs for my wife. While I don't think she will ever get away from tanks, she tried a RDA at the local shop and really liked it.

So with that, I am looking for a decent, modertly priced 50-65w regulated mod to fire the Swirlfish RDA that is on a slow boat from China.

I picked up some Samsung 25R's but wold like to pick up a second set and a new charger. Just wanted to know if there is any real world user info on the Xtar batts and chargers?

Thanks

McG

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know nothing about Xtar batteries and probably wouldn't buy them. Samsung 25r's and LG HE2's are my personal cells of choice. Xtar chargers are great. Many, including myself, consider them about the best chargers you can get for our purposes at a decent price.
Generally accepted charger brand ranking-
1. Xtar
2. Efest Luc
3. Nitecore

Also, maybe check out the ipv mini 2 70w

Last edited:

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lg HE4s should also perform well and be safe up to 20amps. I have not used them myself, but have heard all good things about them. There is plenty of info online including datasheets and independent testing.
The cheapest place Ive found them is http://www.trianglevapes.com/

My local shop has xtar batteries and all those guys seem to like them. They also use imren batteries, but I dont know much about those either.
Personally, stick with lg or samsung. Sony would be good but the market is flooded with clones.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have a couple of Xtar 2100mAh batts and they work fine.

Still prefer my Samsung 2500 25Rs

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Smok Xpro 50 with the 65 watt update. I love it. Some have had issues. You have to keep the screws tightened up. Its been solid for me for a few months now.

McGanksta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am pretty sure that I will go with one of the Smowell's either the 50 or the 65w.

I don't need to break the bank to start with, before my wife decides if she likes dripping or not.

McG

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Xtar has previously rewrapped other cells. They say right up front that their 2100 mAh 18650 is a Sony VTC4. They say those are getting hard to source and claim to have designed and manufactured a 25 amp 2200 mAh cell of their own, aimed at vapers. They provide some graphs of performance but as of yet I haven't seen any independent tests on it.

VU Sponsors