Become a Patron!

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
Howdy folks. So I'm still in the learning process with my vaperesso nebula. Loving it so far. However yesterday I started getting like air hits? When I pulled I barely got anything so I thought maybe time to change the coil. So I broke down the tank and cleaned and soaked it.

I put the new coil in..(the one that came with the kit). First thing I noticed was it says 55 ohms....or .55 ohms. The old tank said 22 ohms. I put juice on the wick before I put in into the tank and then let the tank set for about 10 minutes after u filled it.

And the hits now....HORRIBLE. It tastes bad and hurts my throat. It has the smart wattage thing and the old coil was at 40 watts. This one is still 35. I tried adjusting the temp, the wattage and nothing. It just flat out Tastes bad. And I'm not getting as much vape off of every hit.

The tank is the VECO tank. I know I got it put back together right and the coil is in properly. Does the ohms make that big of difference? It was very smooth when the device said 22 ohms (the horse shoe lookin symbol) but now that it says 55...acknowledge!

Thanks yall!

Eric

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Did you start at say 15w to break in the new coil or go straight to 40? Could have burnt the cotton or maybe not enough juice when primed?

Did you draw with the with air vent closed before firing it? Tend to always do this to see if it's wicking ok should see a bubble appear or sound bit gurgley

Also is it vaping sporadic does it taste metallic? could have a short on the coil my missus had fresh coil in her uwel crown yesterday it was bad out of the box had a short thankfully her mod detected it and refused to fire that does happen sometimes

Higher ohms normally the less wattage you put through it although wouldn't have though 40 is too much for 0.55 ohm 35 sounds about right

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
No. I wasn't aware ya had to do all that. Well I put juice on the coil before I inserted it into tank. Then I filled it with juice and let it set for a few. When I turned it on and selected new load...it automatically set it to 35 watts. I just started to use just like I did when I first used it out of the box. It worked fine then. Now it like pulls hard. With the air vent wide open it pulls hard....like vent is closed. And it girgles pretty good after a few seconds of pulling.

I took it back out and and the wick was still white. If it's Burnt I assume it'll look burnt? Cleaned the tank back up, put it back in...and it does the same thing.

Think I'll go into my smokes shop in morning and see what's going on.

How long to coils usually last? I've read anywhere from 4 weeks to a year. I have had it about a month...and the reason I changed it is when I pulled on it...it was basically nothing but air.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Im not familiar you with those coils but I'd say 1-2 weeks is fairly normal sometimes up to a month depending on your vaping habit

When you say the pull is hard did you notice whether there was expansion in the cotton? Perhaps attach a pic top down on the coil to take a look (side view as well would help)

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No. I wasn't aware ya had to do all that. Well I put juice on the coil before I inserted it into tank. Then I filled it with juice and let it set for a few. When I turned it on and selected new load...it automatically set it to 35 watts. I just started to use just like I did when I first used it out of the box. It worked fine then. Now it like pulls hard. With the air vent wide open it pulls hard....like vent is closed. And it girgles pretty good after a few seconds of pulling.

I took it back out and and the wick was still white. If it's Burnt I assume it'll look burnt? Cleaned the tank back up, put it back in...and it does the same thing.

Think I'll go into my smokes shop in morning and see what's going on.

How long to coils usually last? I've read anywhere from 4 weeks to a year. I have had it about a month...and the reason I changed it is when I pulled on it...it was basically nothing but air.

4weeks to a year, yes the wire can potentially last that long, the weakest part of a "Premanufactured Coil Head" is the wicking which is generally cotton, this depending on the liquid you use and the wattage being used can last from a day or 2 (very sweet liquids, custards, highly dark liquids) to about a week or more, it is all relative to the end user and their tastes so no definitive exact life cycle on coil heads. Most that get "4 weeks to a year" on a coil are using rebuildable atomizer/tank solutions as they just remove the old worn out wick, dry fire the coil clean, then rewick, reprime, reassemble, off and running in a matter of a couple minutes. A 0.55ohm coil compared to a 0.22ohm coil can be significant, one being the mass of wire in the 0.22 is generally more than the 0.55 as it uses a thicker gauge wire than the 0.55, that extra mass needs extra power to reach proper vaping heat flux than the 0.55. The tighter draw might be the fact that the 0.55 has a narrower airflow channel than the 0.22 needed to keep the coil cooler, there are a lot of variables that go into vaping, more so than many people are aware of.

If you are getting a harsh hit at the back of your throat at the setting the mod autoset, bump the wattage down about 5 to 10watts, you might be at the limit of the airflow keeping the coil cool enough, and could be cinging, not scorching the wicking just enough to make a harsh hit. Also with the gurgling due to the more restrictive airflow, it will take a bit to get used to but don't pull so hard, you are pulling in to much excess liquid and flooding the coil, this to can give a harsh hit as the liquid isn't vaporizing off efficiently enough, to clear the flooding, take a paper towel over the mouth piece, tip the tank upside down, blow through the bottom air inlet hole, then clean up the excess liquid you just vacated out of the coil chamber.

VU Sponsors