Become a Patron!

Question concerning positive 510 pin on atty making contact with inner wall on threads of the atty

Hi there,
First time poster, long time reader of vapingunderground forum here:)

I have a question about hybrid mech mods, which I posted on reddit..but really didn't get many responses to.. Thought that I may try here and see if anyone here could ahead some light on my question.

I'm in the process of gathering information & educating myself on hybrid mech mods. My brother bought me a noisy cricket for Christmas, but I don't have any experience with mech mods. I don't intend on using it until I fell 100% confident that I know everything that needs to be known about them.

My question relates to the 510 pin on the atty. I've been inspecting some of my atties to make sure that they have protruding 510 pins', and in doing so noticed that the screw head on some of them come very close to touching the inner wall of the threaded part. In the event of those to touching each other, would that constitute a hard short on a hybrid? I guess it's not an issue as long as the insulator reachesall the way done to the ridge of the threads, but some of my attys don't have insulators reaching all the way to the edge.

Thanks in advance!

VU Sponsors