Become a Patron!

Question for you mechies, lookin for a tiny bomber

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya,
I'm in the market for a small & stealth 18650 tube. Authentic only. Love the Tomahawk X, but only found one in stock on a Japanese site & shipping is a killer. Also dig the ol' Gille Quark, found it still available on an Italian site but they don't ship to the US.
Not sure what else is out there as I've been off the tubes for awhile, but I have a lot of experience with mechs, my first mod ever was a Le Petit Gros and then some other 18350's, moved to regulated mods and most recently back to mech squonks ( Runt, Bolt, TLF, etc..)
Right now would like to find a nice small portable tube that hits hard.
Tempted to snag a Broadside but it's just too big for what I'm after.
What's good?
Price is not an issue but size is.
Cheers!

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Small, and hits hard
f44216e074df31722a4eb202b46f8856.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im fairly new to mechs but I'll try and help. I was surprised by how small the stingray is. You can compare it to the broadside that's 4 from the left. There's a couple others in there that are smaller than the broadside as well.
a49545863f434a0a487ce04ce3756377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers mate, definitely like the look of the Stingray, it's still just a wee bit on the big side for me. Trying for somethin less than 80mm for the shirt pocket. ; )
That pic helps a lot though thanks!
Never really realized how big the Broadside is in comparison.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheers mate, definitely like the look of the Stingray, it's still just a wee bit on the big side for me. Trying for somethin less than 80mm for the shirt pocket. ; )
That pic helps a lot though thanks!
Never really realized how big the Broadside is in comparison.

That smok is pretty small but i've honestly never heard of it until i got it lol.

idk how much smaller you can go and still fit a 18650 in it. Now you got me curious. I want one too!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tomahawk X is 71mm x 24mm

edit: there's a couple comments talking about batteries shorting out due to the small chamber.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That smok is pretty small but i've honestly never heard of it until i got it lol.

idk how much smaller you can go and still fit a 18650 in it. Now you got me curious. I want one too!

Tomahawk X is the shizzle. Right around 72mm, the Raven that @bx10r posted is 77ish, Both limited & impossible to find. Started my hunt a couple months too late! (at least for the Tomahawk X, the Raven is new to me but seems the same case, released in January I guess)
Clones are available everywhere for a song though if you wanna go the crappy route.
; )

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
tomahawk X is 71mm x 24mm

edit: there's a couple comments talking about batteries shorting out due to the small chamber.

Oh NO, not good!
Authentic Tomahawk X's shorting out?!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dont like the vgod?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nah, not really. The branding is too in yer face for my liking. Wanting somethin a little more elegant. That Raven is tits.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welp, made my decision.
Contacted JD Tech directly and they had the Tomahawk X available. Super stoked.
Thanks for all your help!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welp, made my decision.
Contacted JD Tech directly and they had the Tomahawk X available. Super stoked.
Thanks for all your help!
That's a nice tube but like all JD tech over priced. If you're up to paying a premium I can't recommend enough 2JNT tubes, 92.5% pure silver, Dragons Den has one.

I've got one of the older ones and it's wonderful.

Other than that check out one of the Petri tubes

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's a nice tube but like all JD tech over priced. If you're up to paying a premium I can't recommend enough 2JNT tubes, 92.5% pure silver, Dragons Den has one.

I've got one of the older ones and it's wonderful.

Other than that check out one of the Petri tubes

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

I have a Petri - it is the shit (a tiny shit I guess) - and I'm not big on tubes at all

VU Sponsors