Become a Patron!

Question of definicion

It has been grinding/rolling around my brain for quite a while: Was it a mistake from the very beginning to call our equipment "e-cigarette"? If they had called it "Inhaler", probably all that stuff with connecting it with tobacco could have been avoided? There is medicinal inhalers and nobody cares.......... Just a thought and HELLO from Mexico to all...... Mike

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think it has anything to do with the name, it is targeted marketing that is intentional to make vaping look equivalent to smoking. I have a theory that no matter what the subject is their is a group of people who will hate it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m pretty sure the media would have started calling them e-cigs, no matter what the industry did.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has been grinding/rolling around my brain for quite a while: Was it a mistake from the very beginning to call our equipment "e-cigarette"? If they had called it "Inhaler", probably all that stuff with connecting it with tobacco could have been avoided? There is medicinal inhalers and nobody cares.......... Just a thought and HELLO from Mexico to all...... Mike

It certainly didn't help matters. If it had been named "Electronic Smoking Cessation Device" then it would have been better, but it might not have taken off the way it did.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks to Big tobacco and the pharmaceutical companies, as long as the item has nicotine in it, the fed's will regulate it.

VU Sponsors