Become a Patron!

Question on determine value

bucksfan1976

Member For 4 Years
So a general question when does a mod become valuable? Once they stop production? And what makes them valuable. I have this VCP mod and it’s a serial number of 10, I have the box and such but people are wanting it because of the low serial number. I have it fully polished and with box and even plastic. I would say it’s a 9/10 due to some knicks on the black area. But I don’t know what it’s worth. Any help is appreciated. All I knew is what they sold for originally

The top is foggy on the one pic from condensation

Attachments

• 43B039EF-B412-4FA5-A570-E6BC87662585.jpeg
    43B039EF-B412-4FA5-A570-E6BC87662585.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 501ABC4D-3ACA-4B24-869B-AC8BB894F252.jpeg
    501ABC4D-3ACA-4B24-869B-AC8BB894F252.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 20

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know that mod so I can't help with a value for it.

What I can say is whenever I've gone to sell anything including vape gear I always check online for how much the items are actually selling for. There is no standard rule on how old something has to be or if it's still manufactured for its value to rise. It's all about supply and demand when you want to sell (or buy), with demand being a large factor.

What I've found with pretty much all vape gear so far is it always looses value over time and the more expensive it was originally the more value it will have lost. Vape technology has advanced so fast that really desirable devices in the past have lost favor now and their values have dropped significantly.

Best of luck with it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What the market will bear...I see so much gear old school high end stuff that sold for next to nothing..and then the exact same gear sell for way over the original price....it depends on who wants it and how much they are willing to pay, sometimes the price is determined on nothing more than being in a collection or sentimental value....I've bought attys who sold for nearly 200.00 brand new for 50 bucks.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The dude above me is %100 correct . Way too often people sell gear for next to nothing because they feel its worthless . WAY too often you find old gear for sale in some vape groups at crazy prices . I found an original Manhattan at a garage sale for $5 in the box . Later looked it up and found it on line for almost $400 . It is all relevant as to what suckers will pay . Ever look up old used fishing gear , more like old reels ? People pay for it only because they want it , as to vape gear , if they want it badly enough , they will pay whatever you ask . If the price is too high you will not get any offers . You also have to be realistic when pricing something , not everything is a super collectors Item . Hope this helps a bit ...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors