Become a Patron!

Question on e-juice!

ewok1124

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey , I bought some melatonin infused juice. High voltage lights out. Just worried about the melatonin is it bad for you ? I know it's a stupid question but I've never taken melatonin before so I'm just worried

Thanks!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You will get no effect from vaping melatonin. It's just a gimmick; if you want to take melatonin just get supplements.
Yep, I've read a few articles on these "infused" ejuices and it seems like the basic conclusion is its snake oil. Apparently the absorption rate of vaping is no where near what it needs to be to get any type of effect or benefit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would be VERY leery about vaping ANYTHING other than PG/VG, nic, and flavors -- there's no way of knowing what other stuff may do to your lungs. Vitamins or supplements are meant to be ingested, not inhaled. Different systems have different weaknesses; the whole point of vaping is to inhale something less dangerous than smoke, and adding unnecessary stuff to it just makes it potentially more hazardous.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct, and this forum is about vaping gear and e-juice with Nicotine or 0 Nicotine, last I checked.

ewok1124

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will get no effect from vaping melatonin. It's just a gimmick; if you want to take melatonin just get supplements.
So it's perfectly fine then to use it ? It was recommended to me, so I figured I'd try it. Never knew it had melatonin up until I did my research.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Worrying about product safety is something you do before going out and buy the damn thing

I would NOT buy or even use that juice if it was given to me for free... Keep your dyes and other concoctions out of my juice thankyouverymuch

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So it's perfectly fine then to use it ? It was recommended to me, so I figured I'd try it. Never knew it had melatonin up until I did my research.

I have no idea if it's safe to use. I would wager there is little to no melatonin in it.

Edit to add - ok I googled this stuff and I've seen it around. I personally wouldn't buy it but I also would not be afraid to vape it.

VU Sponsors