Become a Patron!

Question regarding Amperes (Not MAH)

Chiekotz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Of course we know MAH is the Battery Life, in a dual parallel Mod it will double the MAH
If its in a series dual battery mod, the battery life will be the same

Now, my mod draws 11 amps when i fire it, if i have a triple battery mod (a combination of parallel and series) will that double the ampere capacity?

Example: My LG choco according to this great battery website, it says 1 LG choco can withstand a draw of 20a

Does that mean if i have a triple battery set up the "a" doubles? its now 40a?

Thanks

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Of course we know MAH is the Battery Life, in a dual parallel Mod it will double the MAH
If its in a series dual battery mod, the battery life will be the same

Now, my mod draws 11 amps when i fire it, if i have a triple battery mod (a combination of parallel and series) will that double the ampere capacity?

Example: My LG choco according to this great battery website, it says 1 LG choco can withstand a draw of 20a

Does that mean if i have a triple battery set up the "a" doubles? its now 40a?

Thanks

If we are talking a mod like the RX200 triple battery mod, it is a triple battery "Series", there is no parallel in the battery circuit setup, so you are still limited to Amp CDR of a single battery. Now as example the newer RX300 quad battery that is out now, is a parallel-series setup, 2 sets of series (2 battery sleds in series battery configuration), then the 2 sleds are wired in parallel, the sled battery pairs double the voltage like a dual battery series mod, but being the sleds together are wired in parallel load is balanced across the two sleds. In "Theory" this should be double the Amp CDR, but in practice and for safety, most say expect only 50% more Amp CDR with a parallel mod, ie 20a batteries like the LG HG2, 50% of 20amp is 10amp so combined the max load in parallel would be for safety only 30amp (20a + 10a= 30a).

VU Sponsors