Become a Patron!

question

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
I have been messing with parallel builds lately and have a 28ga dual parallel build.
3 wraps make .19 ohm. I have a sony vtc5 and a helios (clone?) rda. I was taking
a hit and as I did there was like a blow back of air into my face that scared the shit
out of me. I didn't know what had happened. I'm pretty sure even my hair blew back
some. The O-rings on it are like non-existent. The cap pretty much just falls off. Could
this have anything to do with it? I figure once I get up I'll build me a high ohm build. Can
anyone let me know what they think happened.

Sounds like a little air pocket in the wick under the coil. As the coil heats up the air pocket expands and finally "pops" out of the wick causing something similar to what you've described. Sometimes these air pockets will work themselves out on their own, if not then moving the wick back and forth in the coil or replacing the wick may be needed.

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
Alright I will rewick it. I thought my face was gone even though the battery was just put in fully charged. It was just a weird experience

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only thing I can suggest to you Timmy, is that if you are not already doing routine maintenance to your hardware, please begin doing so!
Fully disassemble your mod and clean all of it's connection points. This includes all threads and contact pins. I also make it a point to completely pull apart my bottom-switch into it's component parts every couple of maintenance checks and give them a good shining up.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does Gold tarnish? I have never seen it tarnish. My Clone after three days use. 24K gold plate. Must be a paper plate. 0814142051.jpg

VU Sponsors