Become a Patron!

Questions about new RDA

Aaronmc

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone :)

To make this as short as possible.. I have upgraded to a Goon 1.5 dual post RDA. Ill be using the Kaos mod I purchased a month ago, triple core fused clapton coils, and Keno vape cotton from Advanced vape supply.

My question is, being that Im new to using RDA's, Should I set my mod in power mode, or mess with the SS heat control, and if I set it up in heat control mode, what is a good number to go by?

I have been watching a few videos on the installation of the coil(s), and I have ceramic tipped tweezers on the way, so Im not completely in the dark here. I just want to make sure Im not making any mistakes, and popping batteries and such.

Thank you in advance for your advice!!

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hmm I find it odd no one has answered your question. I'll take a stab at it with my limited knowledge.

Do you know what kind of wire those claptons are made with? You'll need to know to try out the TC mode. If you do, just set it to TC mode for that type of wire and adjust temp to flavor. If you are used to wattage mode and enjoy the vape youg et from that, you can't go wrong with just vaping it at what works for you. I'm using an OG Goon on my Captain PD270. I have 2 claptons in there that ohm out to .21 for the pair. As they are made of Kanthal wire, TC mode is a no go for me. But I'm enjoying my vape at 81watts currently and loving it!

I think as long as your coils don't ohm out to low( like under .1 ohm), you can identify the type of wire you are using, and your batteries are decent (Mooch is the battery guru), then you should be free to experiment a bit with your setup without to much worry.

And if I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me :kickbutt:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Aaron

I created this thread a while back now I'm not familiar with your mod so I can't say what's best but a lot of the folks following that thread might know if you ask

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-q-a.303163/

In terms of using SS coils best way for temp control is space them out ... i tend to use fused claptons myself and it work a treat

I use around 450-500.f depending on the coils at the time

If it's 316L I set my TCR setting to 0.00088 some use 0.00092

You will want a preheat for of about 70w 1-2 second using triple core fused clapton due to its mass if the mod offers this

In terms of wattage I set mine between 40w-50w depending on the coil (wattage in temp control is only serving to get to temp and maintain it there's no point wacking up the wattage like in VW mode it won't function as well)

That's it play around with these settings maybe increase or decrease as you go there is no magic number every build and device is different it takes a little tweaking to dial it in but once you do the vape is magnificent! (Note your findings down or save them in the memory for future reference)

When you see a temp reached message you have reached temp and the power is turning on and off to keep the coil at temp (have a read of the info in the thread I explain how it's all working)

Some mods do temp control much better than others though so don't be put off if this one doesn't there is always power mode :)

Aaronmc

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you know what kind of wire those claptons are made with?

Thanks for your input, Max :) I have a couple friends that work in local vape shops here in town. I ran my question by them as well, and they said Id probably be better off just running it in wattage mode. Maybe someday Ill get brave and mess around with TC.. lol :)

By the way, my coils are 316 stainless.

Aaronmc

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I created this thread a while back now I'm not familiar with your mod so I can't say what's best but a lot of the folks following that thread might know if you ask

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-q-a.303163/

Thanks Kingpin! Ill definitely check the thread out. I see you around a lot in these forums, and I appreciate your input. Ill be working toward making my own coils soon and digging in deeper to this new found hobby of mine with time. I may just skip the whole TC thing and pick up a mechanical mod.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks Kingpin! Ill definitely check the thread out. I see you around a lot in these forums, and I appreciate your input. Ill be working toward making my own coils soon and digging in deeper to this new found hobby of mine with time. I may just skip the whole TC thing and pick up a mechanical mod.

Hehe no problem matey happy to help

No harm in that approach either mechs give an awesome vape just need to be switched on when using them and appreciate safety a bit more especially when building coils and looking out for warning signs when things aren't quite right ...they also take a bit of maintenance

It's worth giving TC a go though at least once ...even if only to tick it off the vape journey list lol
i used to find the experience really lackluster on my hpriv (hence why I said some do it better than others) that was before I got a DNA squonk mod and I was completely converted after that was such a good vape taking 5 second inhales without fear of it going into meltdown, no annoying rattling above and below the temp line... was awesome especially on the Hadaly serious best vape I've had to date :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
He'll get a G2 @gakudzu just appeared ...I see you there mate :)

I've got one on my wish list could have sworn somewhere had a deal on them vapourbar or something ... I want one so bad the are so fugly they are gorgeous lol I want the sickly disgusting orange

Aaronmc

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@KingPin! Wow... A $300 mod... haha! maybe Ill have one of those impulse kind of purchase days and pick one up...

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He'll get a G2 @gakudzu just appeared ...I see you there mate :)

I've got one on my wish list could have sworn somewhere had a deal on them vapourbar or something ... I want one so bad the are so fugly they are gorgeous lol I want the sickly disgusting orange
Hey KP :wave:

Mainevaporroom.com had them at a great price. Don't know if they ship international, though. Vaporcube.com had them, also. I haven't checked on any lately, so not sure who has what right now. But yeah... G2... awesomeness:D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hey KP :wave:

Mainevaporroom.com had them at a great price. Don't know if they ship international, though. Vaporcube.com had them, also. I haven't checked on any lately, so not sure who has what right now. But yeah... G2... awesomeness:D

No you are right I was wrong matey it was mainevaperiom my bad ...and no they don't ship internationally I asked :(

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No you are right I was wrong matey it was mainevaperiom my bad ...and no they don't ship internationally I asked :(
Did you try vaporcube? They have the SE in stock. All colors, except black.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Did you try vaporcube? They have the SE in stock. All colors, except black.

I'll look a little bit towards Christmas mate strapped for cash at the moment :(

VU Sponsors