Become a Patron!

Questions about tubes/ Recommend first tube

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used mechs but never a clone. Are there clones as good as their counterparts? I know colt .45, rig, sub zero, etc r good but are there clones just as good? I'm wanting a quality 24mm tube under $100 if possible. Whats the main things that make a good hard hitting mech, what metals and springs are best for least amount of voltage drop and lastly what makes a good firing button/throw?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What make a h ad hitting mech is good batteries a good build and good connections. Copper is probably best electrically. But for vaping purposes construction is more important than metalurgy. You want as few as possible points of connection. Thread pins switches ect. Springs I like a good firm wire spring. Some prefer magnets.

My mech is a Brass Origin Clone... cost $13....... got it to see what I liked. Was newbie...wanted to try a mech... max power regulated at the time was maybe 20watts.

Anyway I never upgraded.. because I dint think $100 authentic would be better. Maybe I got lucky. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn man that says a lot! There's so many clones and even authenticsome, it's overwhelming. I really like the envii heretic mod, just don't know enough about tubes to know if it's a quality mods for the money

GratefulAlvin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are some good clones out there, hard hitting sometimes well machined and with some care can be a nice mech. I guess it all comes down to your personal preference I personally won't use clones because of the idea that they stole someone's idea and hard work to make a quick buck and often that money is going out of whatever country you're living in and into China, that being said it all comes down to what you like.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn man that says a lot! There's so many clones and even authenticsome, it's overwhelming. I really like the envii heretic mod, just don't know enough about tubes to know if it's a quality mods for the money
Ah I see you appreciate the full challenge before you...there are many things people want in a tube mod and each persons priorties are different
how it hits
how many contact points
metals and the conductivity
smoothness of button
the contact pins..are they adjustable, or floating.
lock ring
the size of the mod.
venting holes their size and placement
availabiltiy of mod and spare parts
customer service of the modder
and probablly most important(though we hate to admit it) the aesthetics of the mod..how it looks.
like all things in the vape world there are some real crap mods that are sought after because they are the NEW thing that eveybody must have and then there are gems that are overlooked because of hype of more fadish mods...as for clones...years ago when I was starting out before their were more than a couple of high end mods in the world I vaped on a chinese mech the Natural by Smok....it was a very severicable little mod and I cut my vape teeth on it I wore it into the ground....but it doesn't hold a candle to my authentics....

Fozzy

Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up a Broadside clone from 3Fvape for and absolutely love it. It has a Delrin tube running the entire length of the 18650 compartment, a silver plated 510 and a wonderful recessed short throw clutch style button. Vapes great for under $25.00. I'll definitely be picking up the authentic down the road and carry the clone when I'm out and about.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up a Broadside clone from 3Fvape for and absolutely love it. It has a Delrin tube running the entire length of the 18650 compartment, a silver plated 510 and a wonderful recessed short throw clutch style button. Vapes great for under $25.00. I'll definitely be picking up the authentic down the road and carry the clone when I'm out and about.
I've herd mixed reviews about the clone..the threads being chunky and bad, then I've heard a review that it is a perfect clone...

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've herd mixed reviews about the clone..the threads being chunky and bad, then I've heard a review that it is a perfect clone...
3Fvape did change the clone they was selling at one point. There was one that came in the cardboard tube like the authentic, that is meant to be a very, very good clone.

They then changed to another one, which was not meant to be very good. They now have changed back to the one in the cardboard tube. I am unsure of the manufacturer, but could explain the difference between reports of the quality.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.ecosmokeonline.com/Smpl-Mechanical-Mod--Clone_p_1447.html

I have the infinite smpl clone from ecosmoke. It works really well. It may be more than what you want to spend.
These are good clobes.. but being a hybrid 510 not the best first mech....

Other than the 510 this is what you want to look for.... solid construction.. resessed locking button. But you what and insulated or sealed 510. I prefer a spring vs magnets in the switch. But stock springs tend to suck. And both are interchangable in most cases.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These are good clobes.. but being a hybrid 510 not the best first mech....

Other than the 510 this is what you want to look for.... solid construction.. resessed locking button. But you what and insulated or sealed 510. I prefer a spring vs magnets in the switch. But stock springs tend to suck. And both are interchangable in most cases.

Maybe, but I understand hybrid and use proper RDAs.

I know it's old school, like my praxis clone, but I enjoy them.

Fozzy

Member For 4 Years
It seems I was lucky, the one I received came in a cardboard tube. I recently come back to vaping so I compare everything to my old 22m,
3Fvape did change the clone they was selling at one point. There was one that came in the cardboard tube like the authentic, that is meant to be a very, very good clone.

They then changed to another one, which was not meant to be very good. They now have changed back to the one in the cardboard tube. I am unsure of the manufacturer, but could explain the difference between reports of the quality.

The one I received came in the cardboard tube. Wish they had gear like this when I started out. I see others recommending hybrids. If they are On the table, then you can pick up a SOI shorty blem for around $60.00. But for someone starting out, I recommend the Broadside clone as it is cheap, has a 510 pin, and a Derlin lined tube. Safest mech I have and the 510 allows me to put anything I want on top.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, the OP said he's used Mechanicals before so I posted.
I read it as used.... but this was first owned mech.....

Too me the whole clone vs Authentic thing is more a political ethics question than anything else.. there are good clones and crappy ones there are good authentic and crappy ones.... authentic are rarely worse than the cline and some cline are as good as the original. The difference in quality of clones often being was your mod made before or after lunch or on Monday vs Tuesday.

Wasn't saying not to get the SMPL. Just pointing out hybrid might not be best first mech.. I know because my first tube is a full hybrid mech. Learned real fast a sealed 510 is best. Leaky atties or builds and batteries don't mix well.

Fozzy

Member For 4 Years
I read it as used.... but this was first owned mech.....

Too me the whole clone vs Authentic thing is more a political ethics question than anything else.. there are good clones and crappy ones there are good authentic and crappy ones.... authentic are rarely worse than the cline and some cline are as good as the original. The difference in quality of clones often being was your mod made before or after lunch or on Monday vs Tuesday.

Wasn't saying not to get the SMPL. Just pointing out hybrid might not be best first mech.. I know because my first tube is a full hybrid mech. Learned real fast a sealed 510 is best. Leaky atties or builds and batteries don't mix well.

Exactly. Do you have anything to help with my MMADness? Mech mod acquistion disorder.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly. Do you have anything to help with my MMADness? Mech mod acquistion disorder.
Yeah... always buy the mech you like best........ Beyond that a mech us a mech the are some good ones and bad ones... with no real definative distinction as to which is which.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dr. Parkinson declared " I'm not surprised to see you here.

You've got Vaper's tongue from vaping,
Brewers Droop from drinking beer.

I don't know how you came to get those Betty Davis knees....
But worst of all young man, you've got the More Mech Mod Disease! "

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dr. Parkinson declared " I'm not surprised to see you here.

You've got Vaper's tongue from vaping,
Brewers Droop from drinking beer.

I don't know how you came to get those Betty Davis knees....
But worst of all young man, you've got the More Mech Mod Disease! "
Every action has a consequence some do not quite understand this haha your analogy is well understood :)

VU Sponsors