Become a Patron!

Questions about Vaping

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning all how is everyone doing. I have started vaping about 2 weeks ago have been smoking cigarettes for almost 20 years and haven't had one since i started vaping. I currently have the atlantis 2 running some 80vg and 20pg with the Joyetech battery eVicVt running at 0.3 coil and around 50 watts. Was wondering if i should beef up my battery and maybe go up higher with one since i plan on staying with the atlantis 2 for a while but seems like the battery drains quick and higher watts. thank you for ya time have a good day

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't that have a 5000 mah battery in it? That should last about twice as long as a single 18650 replaceable battery mod, most of those use a 2500 battery and I change out two to three times a day.

When you say it doesn't last long, how long is that? Few hours of vaping or a day of vaping?

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh it last a good day for sure at work when I'm at home on weekend i could probably git two days out of it. Was just looking for advice i guess keep this one or git a new one. Dunno it pushing the battery to max almost at 50 watts will hurt anything

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh it last a good day for sure at work when I'm at home on weekend i could probably git two days out of it. Was just looking for advice i guess keep this one or git a new one. Dunno it pushing the battery to max almost at 50 watts will hurt anything
For great battery life you might check out a few dual batt box mods..I have both the 100w IPV4 and 15Ow IPV3..
I vape them between 65-80w all day long (and then some) on a single charge.
cfea6fcee604bb300b5f4fce786ef409.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you go straight from cigs to .3 ohm box?

I'm just curious because people always suggest getting an ego to "get your feet wet" on e-cigs. I think if people started recommending starter sub-ohm boxes or kits to people and not just Egos the rate of people getting off of cigarettes would increase.

That's what it took for me anyway.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm just curious because people always suggest getting an ego to "get your feet wet" on e-cigs. I think if people started recommending starter sub-ohm boxes or kits to people and not just Egos the rate of people getting off of cigarettes would increase.

No, I started vaping with a Provari/Protank three yrs ago or so..then got into mech mods, learned about ohms law and how to build a RDA safely.. then got into these VW mods that can fire down to .1 ohm and have adjustable power (watts) to dial in that perfect vape..something I couldn't do too well with a mech... Prefer the dual batt mods simply for the great battery life between batt swaps.. Most of my subtanks with a .25 coil I run between 55-65w..RDA's with a .2 ohm build I run about 75-80w..
My mechs are back on the shelf these days..I keep them around for back up..
I gave the low powered Provari to my sister, who is also new to vaping..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maxing it out at 50w won't hurt it. If you want more heat/throat hit you can try higher ohm coils since your ceiling is 50w... or yeah, get another box.
It's good to have a backup anyway. It really sucks if it goes out and you're stuck. That usualy leads to buying way overpriced stuff at the local vape shop because you can't wait for it to get mailed :eek:

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

When you are vaping at higher wattages, a device that will hold two batteries is the way to go.

And there are lots to choose from.

Me, I would suggest the Sigelei VW box mods.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I started vaping with a Provari/Protank three yrs ago or so..

I was just thinking about if I had started with a mod 3 years ago instead of screwing around with the Egos and 20 different tanks, which ranged from absolutely horrible (original Vivi-Nova dip wick) to almost usable (mini Protank 3). Ego tanks have come a long way over the last three years, but the usability, flavor, and quality/quantity of cloud is still pretty lacking.

If I had jumped right down the rabbit hole right away I'd have another 3 non-smoking years behind me, probably quite a few really awesome mods, and would definitely be building.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I failed after a year of vaping old ego stuff with CE4 clearos back in 2012. Smoked for another two years almost before getting a sub ohm setup and now I'm loving vaping tremendously. Wish this was available in 2012. New vapers have no idea how good a time it is right now for beginners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I'm loving ever part of this vaping thing right now best part of it is haven't had a cigarette at all and love that the most. I just got done cutting grass and power washed the back patio on my house and did even vape lol wonderfull. Can anyone of y'all suggest a good site to maybe buy a good 100w
box mods. I bought everything so far off of vapenm.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes I'm loving ever part of this vaping thing right now best part of it is haven't had a cigarette at all and love that the most. I just got done cutting grass and power washed the back patio on my house and did even vape lol wonderfull. Can anyone of y'all suggest a good site to maybe buy a good 100w
box mods. I bought everything so far off of vapenm.

I just bought a nice IPV3 li from FluidVapes. Under 70 bucks.
You'll need at least 2 (and preferably 4) batteries (make sure they are GOOD batteries) and a good 2 or 4 slot charger for them.

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything special for a battery i need like i said still kinda new to this... Appericate all the help guys... Gonna check out that IPV3 now

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anything special for a battery i need like i said still kinda new to this... Appericate all the help guys... Gonna check out that IPV3 now

You could get MXJO's
Samsung 25R's
LG 2 or 3's.

I just bought 4 LG 3's for my IPV.

I own several pairs of 25R's and some Efest batteries. No complaints with any of those. I'd buy the Samsungs over the Efests though.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not going to say don't use eBay, but definitely be careful about who you buy from.

The batteries I got from different sellers on Amazon have all been legit, but some people (who supposedly bought from the same sellers) say differently.

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
think I'm gonna try the vape store today got what it all would cost for the box mod and 4 batteries plus a charger. If they can't beat that price or match it well I'm just gonna wait and order it online

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
think I'm gonna try the vape store today got what it all would cost for the box mod and 4 batteries plus a charger. If they can't beat that price or match it well I'm just gonna wait and order it online
pretty sure you'll end up buying online.

Brick and mortars are usually 30% or more, higher.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With that criteria 100% sure you are buying online.
Take a trip though, vape shops can be a fun hangout for a bit to try different juices and you can ask a bunch of questions.

4 batteries...
Heard good things about liionwholesale and they have good prices. I buy from imrbatteries. No fakes, great prices. Will try liion next, he's an active memeber here at VU.
Samsung 25r's are my choice of cell.

I will say don't use ebay. Highest probability of getting a fake. Especially if you don't really know what you're looking for.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Samsung 25Rs and LG HE4s and am perfectly happy with both.

They have both performed about identically and last about exactly the same amount of time.

chevyman1580

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guy what setup do you have if ya don't mind me asking and how long on a average you say it will last you in a day

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I currently have a Kanger tech Subox mini and subtank mini with a .5 ohm OCC coil (still the one it came with actually). I also fire between 25 and 30 watts.

I get a little over one day to two days all depending on how much I'm using it.

robmidi

Member For 4 Years

I'll add my $0.02. I agree with you, simply because it would have saved me hundreds of $$$ instead of going from a V2 to where I am now. It kinda went like: V2-eGo Twist - Sigelei V5 - Sigelei 20W-iPV mini 2-iPV D2. Then came the tank swap outs. Now using Nautilus/Nautilus minis and have a Kanger Sub Tank Mini on the way. Had I a mentor when I started vaping, I would have gotten the Shelby Cobra and not the AMC Pacer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll add my $0.02. I agree with you, simply because it would have saved me hundreds of $$$ instead of going from a V2 to where I am now. It kinda went like: V2-eGo Twist - Sigelei V5 - Sigelei 20W-iPV mini 2-iPV D2. Then came the tank swap outs. Now using Nautilus/Nautilus minis and have a Kanger Sub Tank Mini on the way. Had I a mentor when I started vaping, I would have gotten the Shelby Cobra and not the AMC Pacer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
True, most all of us move away from spinners and EVODS.

However, there is a problem starting sub ohming. Anyone starting out can't handle big clouds and lung hits. We cough too much.

In the beginning, we NEED that nicotine. You are not going to stick with vaping if you can't get enough nic without coughing up a lung.

I would not recommend sub ohming to a newb, Maybe something more like a Sigelei 30 watt box, and a Nautilis mini. I would not recommend spinners, unless someone was a LIGHT smoker. Medium to heavy smokers will end up with better and bigger set ups.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, most all of us move away from spinners and EVODS.

However, there is a problem starting sub ohming. Anyone starting out can't handle big clouds and lung hits. We cough too much.

In the beginning, we NEED that nicotine. You are not going to stick with vaping if you can't get enough nic without coughing up a lung.

I would not recommend sub ohming to a newb, Maybe something more like a Sigelei 30 watt box, and a Nautilis mini. I would not recommend spinners, unless someone was a LIGHT smoker. Medium to heavy smokers will end up with better and bigger set ups.
I was never what most people would consider a "heavy smoker", but never really got much of anything out of vaping with Egos and evods/protanks/etc.

If someone approached me, especially a current smoker trying to get off cigarettes, and asked advice about vaping I'd recommend any of the new regulated box mods and a good sub-ohm tank, as I've mentioned before. That's what's kept me off of cigarettes for a month now and that's what I'd recommend to anyone seriously considering quitting cigarettes and switching to vaping.

Sure the Egos work for some people and more power to them, but they didn't work for me so I'll be passing my experience along.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I dunno, guys. I smoked for... 40 years? Maybe a pack-a-day, on average. Quit five years ago. Decided to give vaping a try, because I haven't been able to stop munching. Started out with an EVOD VV with a cheap ($5) tank/atomizer. That was "OK," but randomly imparted a burnt hint to the vape. Upgraded to a Mini Protank 3, this evening. It's no subtank & box, but it generates "adequate" vapor & decent taste for cheap. Good enough for me to figure out whether I want to stick with this or not. So far my investment is about $40, not including the original terrible cheap tank/atomizer & my 1st bottle of juice.

I would hate to invest $100 or more (tank +mod + batteries + charger + juice +???) only to find I didn't really care for it.

Update

The following Wednesday I received a Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini I'd ordered. Just changing-up to that mod, still with the little Kanger Mini Protank 3, produced a fairly significant increase in both volume and flavour.

Jim

Last edited:

Chum

Member For 5 Years
I started with the smaller units and eventually moved up to MVP 20 and bigger non sub ohm tank AND lost interest after a few months. Went back to smoking. This time I jumped in with a Sigelei 150 Watt standard box and a SMOK TFV4. Now I know I am going to quit smoking! I am enjoying the hell out of this! Coughed a lot at first but now vaping at 70 watts with no discomfort!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If throat hit is what you are wanting try going up on pg.

VU Sponsors