Become a Patron!

Questions from a fairly basic newby

I, as most, started out with beginners kits. I purchased an itaste SVD 6-8 months ago and had no problems. The problem I'm running into now, I can't figure out even with much research on the web. Here is my issue:
I only use Aspire BVC coils, mostly 1.8 Ohm until a friend gave me a 2.1 Ohm when I was out. I used it with my iTaste SVD using a mixture of my favorite oils (caramel apple, Apple and caramel). It seemed to work fine, giving me a great taste and availability to increase my wattage to obtain the vape I liked. From then on I only purchased the 2.1's. Then I started noticing my coil was not lasting more than 2-3 days before getting a burnt taste. I've tried cleaning them and allowing them to dry but that's not working either. I cannot afford to replace a brand new coil every 2-3 days. Any suggestions? On another note, I had to purchase 1.8's as they were out of the 2.1's and I've been using it on an old 1300 stick battery with Vanilla, Caramel and chocolate and it has been working fine for 2 weeks now. These juices are darker than the apple so I don't think it's a "dark juice clogging" problem. I would hate to have to give up my iTaste SVD since it cost me more money than I probably should have spent but I just don't know what to do. Please help this naive newby if you can!!! Thanks all!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not the color of the liquid (which decidedly does not contain any oil), but the sweetness - liquids with lots of sweetener will tend to gunk coils faster. It could also be that turning up the power to deliver the same wattage to a higher - resistance coil is having some negative impact.

These are just suggestions, the easiest solution is to go back to the 1.8 coils if they were working for you, or try turning the power down. Or try a different liquid...good luck, let us know how it goes.

Oh, and welcome to VU!

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All of the small tank coils gunk fast with sweet juices. I would suggest upgrading to a sub tank and a more powerful mod. Something like sig 150 or ipv4 with a tank like the super tank from tobeco. Upgrade will cost like 100. But coils last weeks instead of days. Just my thoughts.

VU Sponsors