Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think a better way to start my question is to post a diagram first :

79274ce94b984962d667d732416bc180.jpg

This is how I see mech mod works, like a circuit. So my question is, why would it matter how the current will flow? The switch just completes the circuit right?

Don't worry, I know enough that putting the battery the wrong way can be disastrous, I'm just curious why. Hope I posted this on the right forum.

Cheers!

KeyBee

Member For 5 Years
the position of battery in mech mod is not important at all. The only problem could be with the switch if "+" completes the short circuit (basically it can autofire). However I use some mechs with reversed battery because of shorter throw I like (eg. Nemesis).

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't matter with a mech. However I have seen vapers have overheating issues when reversing their battery on a mech. But that would be down to design of the mod and not purely flow of current.

In any case, current flows from negative to positive anyway - not pos to neg. That theory was formulated before the discovery of electrons.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the position of battery in mech mod is not important at all. The only problem could be with the switch if "+" completes the short circuit (basically it can autofire). However I use some mechs with reversed battery because of shorter throw I like (eg. Nemesis).

If you want a shorter throw, it's better to have the positive on the switch? Also, will a magnetic switch affect where best to put your polarity?

It doesn't matter with a mech. However I have seen vapers have overheating issues when reversing their battery on a mech. But that would be down to design of the mod and not purely flow of current.

In any case, current flows from negative to positive anyway - not pos to neg. That theory was formulated before the discovery of electrons.

Thanks! But is the recommended battery placement of all mechs are positive closer to the atty and negative closer to the switch?

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! But is the recommended battery placement of all mechs are positive closer to the atty and negative closer to the switch?
Sorry. I only just saw your reply. It's a question I've seen mass debates over in vape forums. My answer is a no if the mod is build to accommodate either direction. As I said earlier, some vapers experienced overheating problems switching their battery around on certain devices e.g. the maraxus. Sometimes the contact on the switch is a bit small for some positive ends of batteries and it doesn't make a full contact and this might lead to arcing.

In another case, when epipes were all the rage, many vapers found there mech performed better by switching the battery around. In short, it should work on the same principle of a non regulated flashlight with a filament bulb (as opposed to an LED) but the difference is that your mech is pulling more amps - so ensure your contacts are solid.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Hobby Kid. I still have a lot to learn. :)

VU Sponsors