Become a Patron!

Questions on ear stretching/gauges

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've got 14g horseshoes in my ears in the healing process, and I'm wanting to get them stretched. I just wanted to ask a few questions for those who have done it.

Would you recommend a full taper kit that includes plugs and/or tunnels, or would it be best to buy my own plugs when ever it's time to move up a size?

How long should I keep a taper in? Do I just push it through and immediately go for the plug? An hour? A day? Week? Very confused and I can't seem to get a real answer.

On the same subject, I've seen two piece flared tapers that unscrew once you get them in so it's basically one step involved. Just insert the taper, unscrew, and screw in the rear flare or o-ring. Are these recommended or is it better to go with separate pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can stretch your ears in many ways. Some people just jam more and more jewellery into the same hole, in fact that's how I first started doing my tunnels. A taper kit will make things go smoother like but are not a necessity. It's best when stretching with tapers to leave them in a day or 2 so the swelling can subside before changing it to the plug/tunnel.
I would also say that you're probably best sticking with tunnels that come in separate pieces. The double flared ones, although they look nice, are hard to get in without some sort of scraping action and that's just asking for a newly stretched ear to split. Plus you know when it's time to move up a gauge as you'll more than likely be able to pull the previously inserted jewellery straight through without undoing it.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmao. I never thought about it before but I'll probably use a wide bore ultem drop tip in future

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors