Become a Patron!

Quick Easy Mix Method (stirred not shaken ;)

Melicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've learned a lot here at VU and wanted to give something back so I thought I'd share my experience with using a magnetic stirrer. I haven't seen any mention of these handy little tools for the DIYer here on the boards (maybe I missed it), but I absolutely LOVE mixing my juices with one since they're typically ready in minutes as opposed to hours in a crock pot or days on a shelf. (I do still steep juices for richer cream-type flavors, but for the most part I've found my juices taste just as good (and better than shake 'n vape) after a few minutes on the stir plate

I made mine and saved a bundle using this video: https://youtu.be/XVLB9c0j1iU.

The creator of the video provides a list of the things you'll need to make your own stir plate. Instead of the project box I used a generic Tupperware container from the grocery store. You'll want one that's made out of weightier plastic than the typical Ziploc or Rubbermaid. The nice thing about the above tutorial is that no soldering is required and most people already have all the necessary tools. I did end up soldering mine though after I gave the project to my 13 yr old and he accidentally broke the first potentiometer. The replacement I got from Radio Shack didn't have a plug.

I usually mix a lot of small batches, because I enjoy the variety, so I picked up several glass 60 ml bottles on Amazon and a 1 inch stir bar (you'll probably want several). The 1 inch bars fit nicely in the 60 ml bottles. I use the weight method rather than volume method (Thanks VU DIYers for that tip - what a time/mess saver!!). So I measure out my recipes into the 60 ml bottles, drop in the stir bar, center the bottle over the fan in the stir plate and hit go. I've vaped juices after about 5 minutes, and they are outstanding. If I make a full 60 ml batch I'll put the juice in a hot water bath for a few minutes to loosen up the VG before putting it on the stir plate. Makes a nice vortex. Oh, and when you're ready to take the stir bar out, use a magnet on the outside of the bottle to drag it to the top.

Happy mixing!!!

i like the idea of a magnetic stirrer, but i never heat PG, looking at the MSDS from the Pestell site PG should not be heated, it starts to change properties

www.pestell.com/msds/Propylene Glycol.pdf

ive also heard not to expose to air for long periods of time, or UV but ive not found any info to back that up

Melicious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't you think PG is heated when it comes in contact with the resistance coil in an atomizer? I figured it was. Either way, it's a good idea to do the research so that you can make an informed decision with regards to DIYing and vaping in general.

o yeah, i agree that it gets heated, i do try to avoid heating till then though, not judging, just giving my 2 cents about what i have learned, vaping is not 100% safe IMO, just better than the stinkies, anyway i appreciate the info on the stirrer, i have been looking at the option and now i think im convinced i need one, lol, happy mixing bro

VU Sponsors