Become a Patron!

Quick G Class Help

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried to put my Dead Rabbit RTA on my G Class yesterday, and it kept reporting a short but only in temperature control mode. It fired normally using wattage. I haven't had this issue with other tanks using the same build (I tried the Fatality M25 and the Reload RTA) nor does it report a short on other mods. Anyone have any ideas? I made sure the chip was updated and that didn't change anything.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have you tried that RTA build on another mod and see if it does the same? What type of coil are you using? If it is a fine gauge wrapped coil, there may be a small wrap wire hanging off that might cause a short in temp control mode but not in the less sensitive wattage mode.(?) Have you used the atty on this mod before? Or is it only with this current build?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not being familiar with either piece of equipment my 1st thought is BELOW Ohm range of the MOD.

That mod uses a YiHi chip and goes down to 0.05 ohm so unless it is a single loop coil, it should read something. Not all that familiar with YiHi but there should be a new coil option that should display what it is reading to check your suspicions. Might try steam engine and use their coil tool to enter in the specs of the coil you have set up on it. See if it is close to what the mod tells you.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried to reset the resistance? I have a Yihi sx540 and if you push in the joystick and hold it it will recalculate the resistance. That may help. Mine was reading different between watts and Joules.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it to work, but I'm still not sure exactly how, nor why it happened in the first place. Basically, I restarted the mod, which didn't work. Then, I decided to just use it with wattage for a while, since that was working fine, and after a bit I switched back to TC, which no longer was displaying the short warning. So basically, it's working now, but I don't know why.

But just in case people were still wondering, the build is dual fused claptons, 2x26 wrapped in 36, SS316L. 3.5mm inner diameter, and I think 5 wraps spaced. Ohms out to about .11 in resistance.

VU Sponsors