Become a Patron!

Quick question about the Kanger Protank2

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been having issues with dry/burnt sht tasting hits every 2-3 hits, so I flipped the rubber grommet and that dropped the amount of burnt hits to around every 5 hits. Now today I was getting sick of priming it and still getting dry crap every other time, so I took the rubber piece out all together, and I must say I haven't had a better vape experience until I did this. The vapour is just so thick and delicious now ( SpaceJam Astro juice by the way).

So my question would be if this is bad for my tank/ atty? Nothing seems to be flooding, and the wicks taste like they are fully saturated every single time. I'm just wondering what I should look out for in terms of flooding or leaking or anything else? Thanks for any help, I only 5-6 days into vaping.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am surprised you aren't getting raw juice through your drip tip, when you say rubber piece I am assuming you mean the cup shaped seal on the coil. sometimes that seal gets pushed down towards the wicks and can restrict them,sometimes from tightening tank to base to tight. If you do start to get juice through the drip tip try putting seal back on just not as far as it was or change coils. when I first used these I had trouble over tightening tank.

Last edited:

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am surprised you aren't getting raw juice through your drip tip, when you say rubber piece I am assuming you mean the cup shaped seal on the coil. sometimes that seal gets pushed down towards the wicks and can restrict them,sometimes from tightening tank to base to tight. If you do start to get juice through the drip tip try putting seal back on just not as far as it was or change coils. when I first used these I had trouble over tightening tank.
When I took it out I wasn't getting any leaking or flooding... it tasted really good too and the atty was only a little moist. I've since taken it apart and removed one of the flavour wicks which has solves all issues with the only downside being less vapour production. I still get good taste and throat hit just seems like less vapour.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I took it out I wasn't getting any leaking or flooding... it tasted really good too and the atty was only a little moist. I've since taken it apart and removed one of the flavour wicks which has solves all issues with the only downside being less vapour production. I still get good taste and throat hit just seems like less vapour.
Pro2s are single coil the extra flavor wick lies on top of the heating coil and gives off that extra vapor. What you could do is make a small flavor wick yourself with some sterile unbleached cotton. You can get this @ cv s drug drug store For a couple bucks you can get a bag full just be sure it's sterile. In the builders corner, under coils, there's several threads on rebuilding PT coils, they are real easy to rebuild so save all your old crusted up ones. Lots of good info there check it out, if I can do it anyone can. If you use sweet or dark juice, as those are coil killers, you'll be glad you did. Good luck and keep it cloudy!!!

VU Sponsors