Become a Patron!

Quick question

DougieFresh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My step-dad started vaping acouple months ago and was wanting to get into RTA tanks but he vapes at 1.5-1.8 ohms.... What gauge wire should I use and how many wraps and what mm gauge should I use to build his coils..... He gots a sigelei 75tc .....thanks for any info you guys may have

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My step-dad started vaping acouple months ago and was wanting to get into RTA tanks but he vapes at 1.5-1.8 ohms.... What gauge wire should I use and how many wraps and what mm gauge should I use to build his coils..... He gots a sigelei 75tc .....thanks for any info you guys may have
Depending on the RBA of the tank (single or dual coil). Probably, for a single coil 28 gauge, dual coil 32 gauge.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use steamengine like he said. I'd probably say 26 or 28g wire, Kanthal is always good to start with but if he wants to do TC in the future SS/Ti/Ni is available.

Note that Steamengine is not perfect but gets you close, the deviation becomes more noticeable at higher resistance. So where steamengine may say 11 wraps for something you might need 13 in reality, or so my experience with higher ohm builds has been.

As far as builds, it's really going to depend on the tank he gets. If he's looking for a tighter draw MTL vape the Goblin Mini is something people seem to like. If he goes DL there's tons of options with different styles and sizes of decks. Those differences will change what you build. For example if it's a dual coil setup you'd have to make 2 3Ω coils because parallel setups split the resistance, so stick away from those for higher ohm builds.

Just lots of little things to pay attention to but Steam-Engine is the tool you want to be using, and likely 26 or 28g Kanthal to start for higher ohm builds.

DougieFresh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
K thanks.... I think he was looking into a OBS Crius RTA

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's a tiny tank for that mod. Wow.

--He will/you will have to pick a tank. That will dictate what mm you use to wrap. Say 3mm.
--That mod supports Nickel and Kanthal. Say Kanthal.
--Drop the ohm down a bit for sake of argument.
--Take Neunerball's 28 gauge wire suggestion. 1.1 ohm, 5 wrap.
--Take Jerus' 26 gauge wire suggestion. 1 ohm, 7 wrap.
--7 wraps might be too big of a coil, but those are just two of a bazillion combinations you can get from steam engine.

You'll have to pick a cotton. And ceramic tweezers are nice.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
K thanks.... I think he was looking into a OBS Crius RTA
Seen people that love it but also heard lots of reports of fickle wicking, but then again that's the tough part of RTAs. Point being, make sure he's prepared to waste some juice and have things leak until he dials in how he needs to wick it properly (and watch youtube guides, they help).

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd bet money he won't like any sub ohm tank. You don't get a mouth to lung vaper a direct lung hit atty. Something like a kayfun would be a much better choice.

VU Sponsors