Become a Patron!

Quick question.

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In theory if I wanted to make a no nic 80/20 vg/pg I would have to see how much liquid with the medium hold. then 80% of that would be VG and the other 20% would be the PG flavor carriers? and then with nic added it would calling for tweaking of the ratios.

Haven't look at any calculators just going off what makes sense to me in the present time
for some reason I feel like that's totally wrong because it seems so simple lol, I'm not ready for DYI'ing just yet, I'm just trying to acquire knowledge for the future.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
20/80 would be 20% PG and PG based flavors plus 80% VG. Nic can be bought in either PG or VG so it would be included for either of those percentages. Most, not all, but most recipes I have seen here come in with less than 20% flavoring. The easiest thing for you to figure this out is get a calculator. There are plenty of free ones floating around. The calculator @wally gave you a link to is a good one. Snag a recipe from the recipe sub-forum and plug in the numbers in the calc and play around. You aren't mixing anything yet so it won't cost you anything to see how things work. Above all read, read, then read some more.

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a lot for the info, I'll be checking all of this out if/when I venture into DIY also I found that I'm insanely partial to custard bases, peach seems to tickle/bother my throat (shame as that's my fav fruit) any recommendations?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's a lot for the info, I'll be checking all of this out if/when I venture into DIY also I found that I'm insanely partial to custard bases, peach seems to tickle/bother my throat (shame as that's my fav fruit) any recommendations?
Head over to the recipe sub-forum. I'm sure you'll find something to tickle your taste buds. Off the top of my head Deeksberry Custard is a tasty custard recipe and there's whole bunch more over there.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of custard fans here to help you out in the DIY recipe sub for sure...and I've had luck with CAP Juicy Peach, though it may not be your thing a $3 sample bottle won't break the bank to try it (or even $10-12 for small bottles of a few different peaches) if it's really a flavor you want to chase.

I generally measure nic first (I use a 50/50 blend), then calculate my flavor percentage, add PG if needed, then add the flavors and top with VG. So mixing goes like this if I'm using 60 mg nic in a 50/50 base and want to create a 3 mg simple peach custard at 20/80...

5% nic (60 mg at a 5% dilution gives me 3 mg, I've now got 2.5% PG and 2.5% VG)
2.5% PG (I've decided I'm going to use 15% total flavoring - which is a lot but I'm not using the FA flavors I normally do)
5% CAP Juicy Peach (we're now at 10% PG)
10% CAP Vanilla Custard (we've hit the 20% PG target)
Fill the bottle to the top with VG, no need to measure - I have an 8-ounce condiment bottle I bought for this purpose.

VU Sponsors