Quick Questions

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I suppose this thread can be used by others for quick questions.

I need to buy a freezer or side-by-side right away and need to unload vape liquids out of the fridge now. Freezer with nic will hold a bit longer.

Can any of the following be stored at room temp after being in the fridge for well over a year:
1. VG
2. PG
3: DIY Flavorings
4: When does premade ejuice need to be put in the fridge? After a year?
5. How long can the above bases remain at room temp? I have gallons.

And, out of curiosity, who of you have a dedicated freezer and/or fridge or combo for your liquids? I'm having issues with mass food storage and need more space ASAP. I won a large grocery gift card that has to be used this month. My liquids have eaten up both of our side-by-sides!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a gly-cube and just keep it in my cool basement. I keep my flavors down there too. I've been doing this less than a year so I don't know. I never ordered too much of a surplus.

We do have a mini-fridge. I used to keep my flavs in there. But I kept reading conflicting reports on how it effected them.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suppose this thread can be used by others for quick questions.

I need to buy a freezer or side-by-side right away and need to unload vape liquids out of the fridge now. Freezer with nic will hold a bit longer.

Can any of the following be stored at room temp after being in the fridge for well over a year:
1. VG
2. PG
3: DIY Flavorings
4: When does premade ejuice need to be put in the fridge? After a year?
5. How long can the above bases remain at room temp? I have gallons.

And, out of curiosity, who of you have a dedicated freezer and/or fridge or combo for your liquids? I'm having issues with mass food storage and need more space ASAP. I won a large grocery gift card that has to be used this month. My liquids have eaten up both of our side-by-sides!

I never put any of that stuff in any kind of cold storage, only the high-strength nicotine, which is stored in the freezer, and the one I'm using out of, in the fridge. Neither VG nor PG will "spoil", that I know of, nor will flavorings, I don't think -- the flavorings may darken over time, but still taste the same.

Ejuice should not be refrigerated, as I believe in many cases it will separate. Just darkness/dimness is really all that is required, or a dark-glass bottle; a coolish spot isn't a bad idea, but cold? Not necessary, and might be detrimental.

Andria

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i freeze my nic that's it. flavoring may breakdown after a couple years I think. It all depends on the way the flavoring is produced.
Will keeping stuff cooler in a fridge help?? Well like adria said there is conflicting information out there. I would think though that IN GENERAL cooling your flavorings may extend their shelf life. Keeping your eliquid cool in a fridge helps prevent the nic from skunking

In regards to unrefrigerating things? I'm not sure anyone has a definitive answer. This is a lot of unknown territory. take some out in a small sample and test over time to find out. I would think though that it should be safe as long as you are keeping it cool

most flavorings I ever see say they are good for a year or 2, if you are stockpiling for longer then that I have no clue. I get stockpiling because of the unknown, but in all honesty,, flavorings, pg and vg should be available to us forever. This stuff was around and for sale to the general public for decades before vaping and regardless of regulations will be available for general purchase. Sure some companies might go out of business or so forth but you will be able to get something decent from somewhere. These items have tons of uses outside of vaping. you really think pepsi and coca cola are going to allow the FDA to regulate away cherry flavoring or vanilla flavoring or make it more expensive to purchase???? wHAT THEY USE TO MAKE FLAVORED DRINKS IS WHAT WE USE TO VAPE.

I think pg/vg is good for a couple years as well at room temp possibly even longer

I have heard people say that they found a flavoring bottle that is a year or more old and i t was fine, and people who have found year old bottles that had changed flavors....so i think it depends on the flavoring.

trixy i remember you were stockpiling a while back. it makes sense to me at least. but I wouldn't try stockpiling diy supplies for more than 2 years worth. NIc you can get away with 5 years maybe longer (no one really has tested much beyond that that I have seen posted) if you got it frozen good with little to no air in the bottles. Like I said everything for DIY with the exception of NIC should always be readily available to us. SO if you have too much vg or flavorings, Ill send you my address and help you out by taking the excess off your hands Otherwise try and keep everything at or below room temp and use the oldest stuff first..

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
[sigh of relief]
Thank you Andria and Matt! I'll finally have storage in the 2nd fridge for produce. I'll organize my other liquids and test the flavors when I can.

Yep. You're right Matt. I have over $1000 in ejuice (120ml and premiums) I ordered in 2016. I had NO idea what I was doing. Mattt, if you're serious, I would be grateful if you would take my older, but still VERY yummy smelling juice for postage only. I also have extra of all bases I wouldn't use in the next 10 years. Better to be used now by someone(s) that can use them. I've posted this before, but it's grown a bit since then. Everything from 0-30mg. The 30's were purchased with the intention on mixing with other flavors like orange and vanilla bean, etc. I have my nic transferred to 32oz to 30ml amber bottles with little to no air. There needed to "some" space to shake it up. Please PM me.

I am SO relieved about cold storage. Even though I'm in AZ, my home remains cool enough to store what I need. Whew! Still need a freezer though for meat. You've both set my fridge free whether I need to repurchase or not down the road!
:bunny:

Attachments

• Bases 2.jpg
    Bases 2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 9.29.16 ejuice table full.jpg
    9.29.16 ejuice table full.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Cosmic Fog.jpg
    Cosmic Fog.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18
  • eJuice Won 2.4.16.gif
    eJuice Won 2.4.16.gif
    162.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Hall Juice.jpg
    Hall Juice.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 18
  • Kilo Ltd.Ed.3mg-Cosmic20x30ml.jpg
    Kilo Ltd.Ed.3mg-Cosmic20x30ml.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 18

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@RonJS my statement still stands
you can not ban the flavoring itself. YOu can try and say you can't sell cotton candy flavored ejuice. But you can just go get cotton candy flavoring from somewhere like bakery supply stores or wherever. For DIY only NIC is a concern imho. Loranns was around LONG LONG LONG LONG before ejuice and will be here long long after. Now Loranns may not be the best flavoring company in the world for DIY but there will be plenty of flavoring companies selling stuff regardless of FDA regs and it will be sold as food and drink flavoring. Look at RealFlavors, they are market as a food and drink flavoring company, not ejuice flavorings. Flavorings will be around regardless. They may be harder to find but I doubt that even.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@RonJS my statement still stands
you can not ban the flavoring itself.

I guess it depends on what we consider vaping flavors. That's what we are talking about right? Those are the kind of flavors Ms. Trixy were asking about..right? My take of the story I linked to was regarding the flavors we commonly use now in our DIY juice mixing. I don't doubt that I will be able to stop at my grocery store and buy a bottle of McCormick vanilla extract flavoring. (I won't be using that flavor in my ejuice.)

A LONG LONG LONG LONG time ago folks were able to go into a store and buy things like morphine and high explosives. Some still can...but not me. I see no reason the gubbermint can't follow a similar system to keep me from my various INW, FA and other DIY juice flavors. They have a whole bushel basket of choices of restrictions they can place. If any, the article I linked to suggested that those would be aimed at e-juices and not food manufacturing or other commercial non-ejuice use.
I have no idea what the future may bring. I guess we can always go back to the days when steeping was really steeping. :gaah:

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess it depends on what we consider vaping flavors. That's what we are talking about right? Those are the kind of flavors Ms. Trixy were asking about..right? My take of the story I linked to was regarding the flavors we commonly use now in our DIY juice mixing. I don't doubt that I will be able to stop at my grocery store and buy a bottle of McCormick vanilla extract flavoring. (I won't be using that flavor in my ejuice.)

A LONG LONG LONG LONG time ago folks were able to go into a store and buy things like morphine and high explosives. Some still can...but not me. I see no reason the gubbermint can't follow a similar system to keep me from my various INW, FA and other DIY juice flavors. They have a whole bushel basket of choices of restrictions they can place. If any, the article I linked to suggested that those would be aimed at e-juices and not food manufacturing or other commercial non-ejuice use.
I have no idea what the future may bring. I guess we can always go back to the days when steeping was really steeping. :gaah:
I think you might be mis-understanding the article or what Mattp was saying. The ban they are talking about in the article would be to ban e-juice with flavoring in it, not e-juice flavoring.

The flavors that Ms. Trixy has and is referring to in this thread are not necessarily e-juice flavors. They are food grade flavors that we use for e-liquid, and some are marketed towards DIYers, but that doesn't mean they are e-juice flavors.

Just because some people put these flavors in their e-juice doesn't give the government any ground to ban these flavors.

Thanks for sharing the article.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you might be mis-understanding the article or what Mattp was saying. The ban they are talking about in the article would be to ban e-juice with flavoring in it, not e-juice flavoring.

In addressing Ms. Trixy's concerns, I believe Matt was saying those flavors she has stored will always be available. I may be wrong, but I thought those flavors were ones primarily for mixing juice. Thinking beyond the article, If the government can restrict flavors used in manufactured ejuice, speculating into the future; what's to prevent them to restricting those types flavors commonly used for making ejuice?

Just because some people put these flavors in their e-juice doesn't give the government any ground to ban these flavors.
Perhaps not ban but instead restrict. (Restrict such that I can't buy any) I guess grounds could be for possible health concerns.

Thanks for sharing the article.

My pleasure! It has not made me go out to stock up on my favorite flavors. It has gave me something to think about.
As I've said, I don't know the future.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
First, I'd like to thank you all for answering my questions. I truly appreciate it - very much! You've all been so helpful.

Yes. You are all correct actually. Gottlieb, that smirky, POS thinks he's all that. Look at his face. I'd print it and throw darts at it.
The question of flavor, IMHO, is pre-made juices. However, where pre-made juices come from are the flavorings. But they can't ban flavors that are used for food. With that said, we would have to take a look at the suppliers to see if they cater more toward the masses vs. vaping. I'm sure the ejuice vendors will get hit first. Then, when they put a mandate on that, they'll move on to something else like hardware restrictions and eventually come back to "how are flavors made" for ejuice"?

My extreme hatred and scathing opinion of Gottlieb would take up quite a bit of venting. I'll leave it for another thread.

BTW, I found a decent freezer at Lowe's for $569 on sale. Home Depot had little selection and high prices. I opted for a vertical freezer. Better organization but about $200 more in price vs. a body bag freezer.

New questions, shall we?

VU Sponsors