Become a Patron!

Quick Review/ Eleaf istick 100w

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This will be a quick review of the new istick 100 watt.

1.) Buttons have alot of rattle to them although they are metal buttons and not plastic...They are very clicky as well

2.) Dimensions are that of a Hammond G box with slightly less depth and maybe a millimeter or too taller.

3.) Batteries are run in parallel and not in series as i first thought.

4.) 510 is nice and smooth and the spring loaded pin is nice and stiff.

5.) Its fits very comfortable in the hand and is very easy to grip and hold onto.

6.) The ohms read exact ohms and doesnt round off to the next digit...If its a .56 coil it will read .56, not .60

7.) The battery compartment uses spring loaded negative pins and it was fairly easy to install the batteries.
1440082843423.jpg
1440082971013.jpg
1440083030644.jpg
It does come supplied with a 510 to ego adapter and a usb charging cord as well as a small instruction manual.
1440083239834.jpg

So that about sums it up for now..ive used it maybe 10 minutes if that so, the only thing left for me i even care about most is long term reliability..The countdown begins.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From what I've seen so far, this looks to be a decent device for a sub 50 or even 40 dollar mod. A cheap way to get into the 100w club.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure why I like this so much over any other device in the same price range , but I'm keeping my eye on this for a long haul review. I saw a sigelei 100w go on sale the other day for around 45 bucks, I should have jumped on it, but something tells me these will be a good mod for the money spent.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If i couldve gotten a sigelei 100w for 45 bucks and, it was authentic, i probably wouldve grabbed it instead.

Where did you see them for $45.00 ?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't remember. I keep my inbox clean. I was thinking maybe ecigavenue. Now I feel like an idiot for not taking the plunge.lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hope to see more, Mike.

It's a little big in my hand, but my largest to date have been the i50 and Sig75. So... hardly surprising.
The fire button is a little soft, I tend to hit it every time I pick it up. That's not a big deal, I pretty much always have a peek at the settings before I hit any of them.

Gonna want a sleeve too.
I fully agree that the button is a bit soft and ive had it fire as well from just picking it up in an odd ball manner.

For the price i never expected it to be of IPV or Sigelei quality but, so far i like it.

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very comfy in the hand. Paint finish on black model is better than on my black Kanger Kbox Mini imo, and the battery door fits tighter as well. I build for my mech mod so I like to just keep this in VV mode; it's much less fiddly than VW mode. The usb charging is key; I just plug it into my phone or tablet charger overnight. No need to fiddle with the batteries. It's also surprisingly light compared to any other double battery mod I have used. I actually find it more comfortable to pocket in my pants vs the Kbox because it stays upright and I don't get a poke in the nuts from my tank. Yes the firing button is on the light side (and the chrome makes it look cheap) but it's also easier to do the 5x click on/off vs the Kbox. If I had bought this first, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the Kbox. Unlike the Kbox, the spring loaded 510 fires all my RDAs fine.
Steam Engine has added a preset for the iStick 100W:
http://www.steam-engine.org/modrange.asp

Attachments

• iStick.jpg
    iStick.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick update.

Ive found that its only the up and down buttons that are rattling...the fire button i have no rattle with.

The 510 is getting slightly loose inside the mounting hole...Based on another thread ive seen it is basically glued in place so i would expect in time to possibly get worse.

Still working like a champ however...great battery life at 30 35 watts.. im using samsung 25R's with it and Sony VTC4's.. Very strong battery door magnets.

Ive heard rumors of a 75 watt and a 150w model coming out as well...rather or not they are TC models i couldnt say.

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some numbers from a german test. They're pretty good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 12.39.43.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 12.39.43.png
    425.6 KB · Views: 11

VU Sponsors