Become a Patron!

Quick steep?

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a bottle of juice I need to steep...has anyone tried the quick method of running under warm water and letting cool for a couple of hours? Does it really work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a bottle of juice I need to steep...has anyone tried the quick method of running under warm water and letting cool for a couple of hours? Does it really work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being a DIY eJuice maker, I heard that speeding up the steeping in a crockpot seems to work well. I can't say that much about using an ultrasonic cleaner. Don't ask how I know. :)
Steeping in a crockpot seems to take ca. 4.hours at least (depending on the eJuice). Then letting it sit overnight, or at least getting it back to room temperature.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Being a DIY eJuice maker, I heard that speeding up the steeping in a crockpot seems to work well. I can't say that much about using an ultrasonic cleaner. Don't ask how I know. :)
Steeping in a crockpot seems to take ca. 4.hours at least (depending on the eJuice). Then letting it sit overnight, or at least getting it back to room temperature.
Thanks for the reply...I will google the crockpot method and get it cooking today....appreciate the help!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I speed up the aging process with my DIY by using a frothing mixer and then sitting the bottles in hot tap water up to 140 degrees for a while and depending on the actual mix depends on how long it takes to clear.

I did a Pineapple yesterday and tried the microwave for a few seconds and even though it worked I will never try it again.

Last edited:

Shiminifonglay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I speed up the aging process with my DIY by using a frothing mixer and then sitting the bottles in hot tap water up to 140 degrees for a while and depending on the actual mix depends on how long it takes to clear.

I did a Pineapple yesterday and tried the microwave for a few seconds and even though it worked I will never try it again.

May I ask what happened when you tried using the microwave?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also use a crockpot on the lowest setting with the lid cracked, which keeps it at around 150F for 4 hours. Let it sit overnight - or at least wait until the bottle has cooled before testing :)

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What about the sun? Setting it outside in the sun?

#TeamJimi
Sent from a pay phone

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fastest easiest way I have found is to use HOT tap water making sure it does not exceed 150 degrees for anywhere from a 1/2 hour to an hour is all that us required. And yes I do refill it to maintain the temperature that I check with an infrared temperature probe.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fastest easiest way I have found is to use HOT tap water making sure it does not exceed 150 degrees for anywhere from a 1/2 hour to an hour is all that us required. And yes I do refill it to maintain the temperature that I check with an infrared temperature probe.
Tobaccos and most custards (except FA) need much longer time to steep! As do many complex flavors.

That said, I use mainly FA at a maximum percentage of 8% (for a multi-flavor mix), and they need very little steeping, if any.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to say the flavorings I have been using (Liquid Barn) with my method taste the same 4 hours later as they do 2 weeks later.

Mix, Spin, Heat, Shake and Vape!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, James but my method is working so well for me that I am already getting an order together of more Flavors and supplies from Liquid barn! I knew that only 1,000 ML wasn't enough!
Frother_1024x1024.jpg

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Tobaccos and most custards (except FA) need much longer time to steep! As do many complex flavors.

That said, I use mainly FA at a maximum percentage of 8% (for a multi-flavor mix), and they need very little steeping, if any.
This is bought juice I need to steep....not some that I made

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just received my bottle of NY Cheesecake that I was told needs to steep and it smells so good I am dying to try it! Going to taste it after dinner most probably!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If mixing with the mixer was not a good practice I do not believe LB would sell them as part of the kit. When Nicotine Oxidizes it changes color and mixing doesn't add oxygen to the mix. I heat the bottle which clears the liquid fast which in a sense in letting the air escape faster. Oxidation takes time according to what I know and have read.

Bottom line here is do what works for you I am not telling you to do it my way only relating what works for me. All I know is that in 4 hours or less my stuff is ready to vape and stuff that is still here after weeks has not changed. It is mixing the flavors into the solution that needs to be accomplished with time but the process can be sped up.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If mixing with the mixer was not a good practice I do not believe LB would sell them as part of the kit. When Nicotine Oxidizes it changes color and mixing doesn't add oxygen to the mix. I heat the bottle which clears the liquid fast which in a sense in letting the air escape faster. Oxidation takes time according to what I know and have read.

Bottom line here is do what works for you I am not telling you to do it my way only relating what works for me. All I know is that in 4 hours or less my stuff is ready to vape and stuff that is still here after weeks has not changed. It is mixing the flavors into the solution that needs to be accomplished with time but the process can be sped up.
I thought you were mixing mainly single or one or two flavors - fruits?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have 18 bottles of e-Liquid lined up in my storage area which is growing by the day. only 2 are tobacco.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I started now 3 or 4 depending on my mood.
Well, as I said before - there are some flavors, most particularly custards and tobaccos, that do need weeks to come to full flavor. And many 10+ flavor mixes with high concentrations of flavoring. I personally don't use them much, but when I do they take a good amount of time in the crockpot to mature!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By mixing you accomplish the dispersion of the flavors and by heating it removes the air in the liquid and speeds up the aging. I just finished my first tobacco which did not improve over time. When I do some cream or desert flavors I will update my experiences.

Whatever works for you is the way for you to do it!

Not everyone does it in the missionary position..........

Shiminifonglay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it true that steeping Custard flavors takes about a month to reach the flavor's full potential?

Shiminifonglay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends on several factors: how much is used, the manufacturer, and your own taste buds :)
Well, Im not sure what manufacturer it is since I think the one I got has been re-branded. Im planning on making 30mls of it. I tried making a 10ml sample with Custard and Butter as the flavors and it got a bad throat hit, tasted like cheese when I vaped it. I believe it was 2ml Custard, 1 ml Butter and 7ml VG. It tasted really bad for me so I stopped making Custard for a while.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, Im not sure what manufacturer it is since I think the one I got has been re-branded. Im planning on making 30mls of it. I tried making a 10ml sample with Custard and Butter as the flavors and it got a bad throat hit, tasted like cheese when I vaped it. I believe it was 2ml Custard, 1 ml Butter and 7ml VG. It tasted really bad for me so I stopped making Custard for a while.
That's 20% custard alone along with 10% of the butter, which was probably way too high! Try 10% custard perhaps. 30%flavoring is very high for most people!

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mean to offend anyone but in my opinion there is no such thing as a quick steep I add all my ingredients to a bottle shake like crazy to incorporate air into the mix put in my wardrobe where its cool and dark and shake it every day for a week taking lid off every day for couple minutes to let fresh air in after a week I stop shaking and taking lid off and just leave it in wardrobe.if its fruit mix should be vapable after a week,desserts like apple pie or cake 2 to 3 weeks custard or anything with creams 4 to 6 weeks,and tobacco 6 weeks an upwards the longer the better.but I strongly believe time and a cool dark environment is key.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

Shiminifonglay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's 20% custard alone along with 10% of the butter, which was probably way too high! Try 10% custard perhaps. 30%flavoring is very high for most people!

Okay, thanks for the tip! Will give it a try later when I get back home.

VU Sponsors