Become a Patron!

"quiet" tanks?

wrxin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When im at home and/or outdoors, i usually chain vape. currently using a smok baby beast tank from the al85 kit. so heres my issue...when im at home watching tv, my old lady says she cant hear the tv when im vaping because its loud. same with my golfing buddies. they say it sounds like im sucking in a tornado lol. they say it screws them up. i try not to vape while they swing, but sometimes my mind wanders:zombie:

so i was just wondering if all dtl tanks are "loud"? is there a "quieter" tank i should look at? should i look into a new mtl setup?

thanks in advance!

chris

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
All the good one make some noise moving all that airflow. You can get a MTL type RTA with restricted airflow, it should be pretty quiet but will not produce as much vapor.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When im at home and/or outdoors, i usually chain vape. currently using a smok baby beast tank from the al85 kit. so heres my issue...when im at home watching tv, my old lady says she cant hear the tv when im vaping because its loud. same with my golfing buddies. they say it sounds like im sucking in a tornado lol. they say it screws them up. i try not to vape while they swing, but sometimes my mind wanders:zombie:

so i was just wondering if all dtl tanks are "loud"? is there a "quieter" tank i should look at? should i look into a new mtl setup?

thanks in advance!

chris
If you use wide open airflow that will always be the case. I personally find lots of airflow completely kills flavor. The MTL option mentioned above is an option but won't work for most people. Basically all you need to do is lower your wattage and restrict your airflow significantly. If you set your airflow like mine in the pic it'll be quiet and you can do DTL still
40fcf89cb159fddd77db5de50c512d74.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm one of the oddballs that does prefer MTL vaping. I'm able to stealth vape, even at work, with my set up. Currently, I'm using a Geekvape Ammit with a Pico, airflow more closed off. I use low wattage with a simple single coil. If you're into using RTAs, this works well for me.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To me, ALL tanks are loud as hell. My RDA is almost completely silent. For really quiet vaping, it's very hard to beat an RDA.

Andria

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm one of the oddballs that does prefer MTL vaping. I'm able to stealth vape, even at work, with my set up. Currently, I'm using a Geekvape Ammit with a Pico, airflow more closed off. I use low wattage with a simple single coil. If you're into using RTAs, this works well for me.
Yeah when I need to go full stealth I do the same. Just use my Vaporshark DNA 60 with a little RTA or SMOK Priv with some Nic Salts when I need to go full crack head.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To me, ALL tanks are loud as hell. My RDA is almost completely silent. For really quiet vaping, it's very hard to beat an RDA.

Andria
Unfortunately RDA requires dripping, which adds noise and light. But I guess that's what squonk's are for

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately RDA requires dripping, which adds noise and light. But I guess that's what squonk's are for

Yeah that, or mine holds 2.5ml, and I only vape about 5ml per day, so that's half a day. I wouldn't use anything I had to drip at every hit... or even every 5-10 hits.

Andria

VU Sponsors