Become a Patron!

Quit the sticks for real!

Hi all! Just want to introduce myself! I am an Aussie living in Holland. I've been smoking on and off for 13 years. I started when I was 21, my boyfriend had died unexpectedly and someone offered me a cigarette "to take the edge off". So that's where it started.

I've got two beautiful kids. One is 3 and she's bilingual. The other is my boy who is 10 months and passing all the milestones early! But I'm so ashamed to say I smoked on and off throughout both pregnancies.
None of my friends or family actually know that I was a smoker. I got so good at hiding it and warding off cravings at the appropriate moments, sometimes for days or weeks on end. Only my husband has known and he's been so supportive of me starting my vaping journey.

My last cigarette was nearly 4 weeks ago and I have never felt better! I can honestly say I have NO desire for a stink stick, ever! I stopped smoking the day I bought my first vape pen, an Ovale Osteel. Unfortunately, the tank has been replaced twice already from a shit tonne of leakage! So today my son got so sick, vomiting everywhere, my husband is overseas for work and I was SO stressed that my vape was broken and I couldn't get all the way to the original store to get a new vape or tank. Instead I drove right past the gas station where I used to buy my smokes, went to the local tobacconist near home and got a new vape! It's a beautiful looking thing, much more sturdy than the first one I'd bought. It's the JustFog C14 (1.6 ohm coil - whatever that means) with a Bookwell battery. So far, so good. No leaks today, but it does seem to use up a lot of juice! (I vape only PG with 18mg nicotine).
My husband is so happy I quit smoking he is encouraging me to get into the whole cloud chasing thing He's just happy I've quit the fags and potentially found a hobby with vaping!
So hello everybody! I look forward to using the site for all my vaping needs

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome and congrats
IMG_0153.gif

With vaping you can stay of the cigs for good, but it does take more work and planning than smoking cigs. I relapsed before, much simpler to smoke. My advice would be have a backup vape, and a backup for your backup. My problem was back in the day there weren't too many options and availability/easy access. I ran out of coils/liquid, batteries wouldn't hold a charge and started smoking again. Vaping has came a long way, now it's easy and much cheaper. Juice is cheaper, but you can also make your own for 1$-2$ a bottle, also with rebuildable tanks/rdas never run out of coils.

Learning about all this may seem overwhelming, but just keep doing what works for you as you learn how to improve your experience.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi all! Just want to introduce myself! I am an Aussie living in Holland. I've been smoking on and off for 13 years. I started when I was 21, my boyfriend had died unexpectedly and someone offered me a cigarette "to take the edge off". So that's where it started.

I've got two beautiful kids. One is 3 and she's bilingual. The other is my boy who is 10 months and passing all the milestones early! But I'm so ashamed to say I smoked on and off throughout both pregnancies.
None of my friends or family actually know that I was a smoker. I got so good at hiding it and warding off cravings at the appropriate moments, sometimes for days or weeks on end. Only my husband has known and he's been so supportive of me starting my vaping journey.

My last cigarette was nearly 4 weeks ago and I have never felt better! I can honestly say I have NO desire for a stink stick, ever! I stopped smoking the day I bought my first vape pen, an Ovale Osteel. Unfortunately, the tank has been replaced twice already from a shit tonne of leakage! So today my son got so sick, vomiting everywhere, my husband is overseas for work and I was SO stressed that my vape was broken and I couldn't get all the way to the original store to get a new vape or tank. Instead I drove right past the gas station where I used to buy my smokes, went to the local tobacconist near home and got a new vape! It's a beautiful looking thing, much more sturdy than the first one I'd bought. It's the JustFog C14 (1.6 ohm coil - whatever that means) with a Bookwell battery. So far, so good. No leaks today, but it does seem to use up a lot of juice! (I vape only PG with 18mg nicotine).
My husband is so happy I quit smoking he is encouraging me to get into the whole cloud chasing thing He's just happy I've quit the fags and potentially found a hobby with vaping!
So hello everybody! I look forward to using the site for all my vaping needs

Welcome to the underground :wave:

My advice would be have a backup vape, and a backup for your backup.

This is very, very important - vaping technology is still imperfect and to avoid a situation like the one you just found yourself in, have at least one back up device - two is even better :)

And don't beat yourself up for past smoking sins - while it is true smoking during pregnancy is not a great idea, many, many people did so for generations and the human race is still alive and well

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to VU :vino:

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU. I'm new also and had a similar problem early on. Now I have a couple of backups.:cloud:

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on being smoke free and Welcome to VU.

VU Sponsors