Become a Patron!

Quitting ciggys

Hi all very new here and hoping I've put this in the right place.

After some advice as the title suggests my partner and I are getting off the ciggys and decided to use vaping as an aid.

We've done some research and bought ourselves an eleaf istick pico 75w mod but now im a little stuck on tanks.

We want to be going mouth to lung (<I think this is the correct term basically want to draw from it like a ciggy) I'd also like to blow some clouds but I dont know if these two things are mutually exclusive.

It would also be fantastic if somebody could tell me the benefits of both sub and plus ohm vaping for our intended purposes? And also some tank reccomendations?

Thanks in advance

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't tried very many tanks and don't know anything about the istick pico, but I really love my Baby Beast tanks. They work great for me.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also, keep in mind that vaping is not really intended for smoking cessation. It's a direct replacement. If you try to drop cigarettes like a hot rock just because you start vaping, you may be disappointed. Best bet is to start vaping, and grdually cut down on smoking, until finally you just love vaping far more than smoking, and naturally give up the inferior habit for the superior. It doesn't eliminate the "urge to smoke" -- it just gives you something far less dangerous to do, than smoke. And though most of us do eventually lower our nicotine levels, it can take a while for some folks, and trying to go too fast is a recipe for going back to cigarettes. And then, even if you succeed in quitting completely, if you then try to quit vaping... another recipe for disaster -- because it's NOT meant for cessation, and won't totally eliminate the "urge to smoke" -- it's a replacement only.

Andria

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look around in this thread:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/next-generation-mtl-tanks-part-2.245308/

I don't recommend the Baby Beast as an MTL tank. I have 3, and I love them, but they are pretty airy.
Hi all very new here and hoping I've put this in the right place.

After some advice as the title suggests my partner and I are getting off the ciggys and decided to use vaping as an aid.

We've done some research and bought ourselves an eleaf istick pico 75w mod but now im a little stuck on tanks.

We want to be going mouth to lung (<I think this is the correct term basically want to draw from it like a ciggy) I'd also like to blow some clouds but I dont know if these two things are mutually exclusive.

It would also be fantastic if somebody could tell me the benefits of both sub and plus ohm vaping for our intended purposes? And also some tank reccomendations?

Thanks in advance
But the cloudbeast airflow is adjustable. You can honestly make the cloudbeast do anything you require because of the airflow like if u wanna vape at lower wattage u can close the airflow a bit so the coils heat faster or if u start to taste burnt whick u can open the airflow to vice versa

Last edited:

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife still Vapes MTL. She's currently enjoying the Nautilus X tank. I just ordered her the new Mi One mini. I've read and heard great things about it for MTL.
Good luck and Vape On!

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

Thanks for all the advice guys!
I had a good look around and iv got myself an Aspire triton mini and some nickel replacement coils

Any advice on how i should set up for my first usage?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nickle coils are for temperature control use..Youre getting ahead of yourself in my opinion...If you want a tank for clouds and one for MTL then you really need two different tanks.

Do you know what ejuice you will need as far as nicotine content?..If you buy some 3mg nic juice and vape at 10 watts with an MTL tank youre going to be quite disappointed and have a nicotine fit which will lead you to smoking another cig.

My suggestion for an MTL tank is an Aspire nautilus or the nautilus mini and at minimum a 12mg nic content ejuice...The device you purchased is fine and will work great for your needs but the tank and ejuice chosen is the most important part of things...when you can stay off the cigs using the MTL tank then maybe work up to chasing clouds which will require a lot less nicotine content and the use of much higher power with a tank that has much more capable air flow.

Thank you all for the advice it has been so helpful.

All my gear finally arrived today and im all up and running.

However i dont think i have set up correctly i seem to be getting whats described as a dry hit.

Iv watched a bunch of videos and followed all the steps (priming coil etc)

Im running it on wattage mode and have tried the entire range of wattage my coil is rated for with no improvement. Im using a 1.8 ohm kanthal clapton coil.

Any help greatly appreciated

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome- sorry about you problem! What coils are you using it should say on the box? The 1.8 is a Clapton Coil ? The clapton coils I use are are .5 sub ohm . What tank are you using? The Melo?
Hopefully your juice has a higher pg for the 1.8 coil, pg is thinner and will wick better at least 50pg/50vg would be best! You should prime that coil really well and let it sit in juice tank for at least 15 minutes to make sure that it is saturated. Being new and excited- you probably vaped on it before it had the chance to break in.
When I start tasting dry or off flavored hits, I back down the temp till it tastes good.
Watch You Tube videos on your tank and coils, there are many great videos to help. Sometimes easier to watch how it is done.

Vaping on the 1.8ohm (Wattage 10-13W)

The 1.8ohm coil is a new addition and is intended for mouth to lung vaping, which will be more suited for slightly higher PG e-juices. We actually tried the 1.8ohm with a 75% VG e-liquid to see how it fared with slightly higher VG.

You will need to close the top air flow for mouth to lung vaping on this coil and restrict the bottom air flow to a small amount for the draw to become tighter.

If you restrict the air flow then you can get a decent mouth to lung draw on this coil. It vapes well between the recommended 10-13W range and is a good mouth to lung vaping option.

We then opened up the air flow and lung inhaled on the coil with the 75% VG e-juice and I have to say the flavor was really nice. It was a completely different flavor compared with the lower resistance stainless steel coils. Having vaped so many lower resistance sub ohm coils, it actually made a nice difference and the flavor was great. You obviously won’t be getting much in the way of clouds, but that is to be expected.

So how does this 1.8ohm coil compare to the BVC coils on the Nautilus Mini for instance? Well I think the flavor is much better and this coil is a very good mouth to lung vape. Even chain vaping it on the high VG juice, it wicked superbly and there were no dry hits. If you want an alternative to the Nautilus for mouth to lung vaping, then the Triton is a good choice and comes with a good amount of e-juice.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors