VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

One of the most iconic brands in our industry has closed it doors. Provape has gone dark.

Their quote:

Due to upcoming FDA regulations and restrictions, we have made the decision to cease production and close operations. We want to send out a HUGE Thank You to all of our customers, dealers and vendors around the world for your support and for sharing your stories and photos with us over the years. This has really been an amazing experience and we were privileged to have you as our customer. It's been humbling to hear all the success stories and we are truly blessed to be a part of your lives. Thank you!

Personally, I don't understand what the FDA has to do with this - considering new mods come out everyday. I'm assuming it has to do with their pricing structure.

I will never forget this review by PBusardo when I was a new vapor.

READ MORE: >> HERE <<

IQIj5lQRUMY

Click here to get more information on this deal....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's what got me off the cigarettes right there.
- and that review is what sold me on it!
I still use the Procyon and 60w radius

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tibolaso

Member For 5 Years
Well, I've never had their products but I've used them from friends and in some stores here and their quality is (or was) amazing! I'm sorry to see them go.
I don't really know much about your laws but I don't think it has to do with FDA.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I can see how the FDA would have a part in them closing down. Since they are a US company, they have to follow FDA rules. That means, no new mods without going through extensive and expensive paperwork. On the other hand, Chinese companies don't give a rip about u.s. laws. They will keep introducing new mods.

But I don't think FDA regulations are the full story. Provape has been behind the market for a while. I like their newest mod - radius - but it was only 60 watts which simply isn't enough for many people. It was fine for me but I'm not willing to spend $175 or $200 or something like that.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you try and sell an outdated mod for $200 you might just go out of business............Just sayin'

I think this has very little to do with FDA regs and everything to do with being put out of business by EVOLV. Once the DNA200 boards hit the market, Provape was done. I am surprised they held out this long to be honest. I mean the P3 came out and everyone was hoping for a huge leap in their tech. Unfortunately, the P3 was very underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, it is sad to see a company who at one time were the cutting edge go out of business.

The world of personal vaporizers has moved REALLY FAST and some companies just could not keep up. I have to hand it to EVOLV though, they really saw the writing on the wall. There was a time when EVOLV even said that no one would ever need more than 30 watts.....remember that? Now they have the DNA250.

It looks like Evolv decided as a company to sell what the consumer wants and not dictate what the consumer wants. For anyone who does not already know this, the Evolv DNA boards are the first electronic board exported from America to China. It is a MAJOR milestone for any American company!

I own a lot of mods, not just DNA mods so I do enjoy others as well. In other words, I am not just a DNA fanboy, but I just like to give credit where credit is due.

R.I.P. Provape.

Happy Vaping Everyone!!
CV :)

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The low wattage available is entirely responsible for preventing me from buying any provari's. I thought about it several times, but 45 watts on a .5 ohm coil is about as low as I want to vape period. Shame because I really do like and appreciate high-quality things and don't mind paying for great quality and excellent customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Marking their flagship 200$+ mod as a 40W 0.5 non TC was Provape's own doing, it's just reality that caught up with them, not the FDA.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Marking their flagship 200$+ mod as a 40W 0.5 non TC was Provape's own doing, it's just reality that caught up with them, not the FDA.
Technically they did a 60w TC radius also... But too little too late.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors