Become a Patron!

Rage squonk mod problem

cswed

Member For 1 Year
I'm getting a check atomizer message on my Desire Design Rage squonk mod. It's not my atty, I have two built at the moment and I'm getting check atomizer with both. Both attys are working fine on other mods. The mod worked flawlessly until this morning. 510 is clean and atty is making a good connection with it. Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone advise on how to remedy it?

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting a check atomizer message on my Desire Design Rage squonk mod. It's not my atty, I have two built at the moment and I'm getting check atomizer with both. Both attys are working fine on other mods. The mod worked flawlessly until this morning. 510 is clean and atty is making a good connection with it. Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone advise on how to remedy it?
Never heard anyone else having this problem, you might want to contact Desire design as per product warranty card or contact Duane directly by his email. Hope you get it fixed

cswed

Member For 1 Year
May get in contact with Desire Design, I'm in Canada though so I'm not sure I want to ship it back. Picked up a Pulse 80W for something to squonk on in the meantime. Might take the Rage apart tonight and see if I can find the problem.

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May get in contact with Desire Design, I'm in Canada though so I'm not sure I want to ship it back. Picked up a Pulse 80W for something to squonk on in the meantime. Might take the Rage apart tonight and see if I can find the problem.
That will void your warranty if you open or disassemble it, unless you already have done so to take off the oring and sent Duane pictures. Either way it's yours to do what you want.

cswed

Member For 1 Year
cswed
Duane has given permission to pass on his email he would be happy to talk and help you
Thanks for the info and the help. I took the thing apart to look it over, didn't see any glaring issues with wiring or anything. While I had it open I removed the top o-ring from the 510 stem. It's all back together and it seems to be working fine now, and on the plus side the bottle isn't impossible to remove using my fingers anymore. I will report back, if the issue returns.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the info and the help. I took the thing apart to look it over, didn't see any glaring issues with wiring or anything. While I had it open I removed the top o-ring from the 510 stem. It's all back together and it seems to be working fine now, and on the plus side the bottle isn't impossible to remove using my fingers anymore. I will report back, if the issue returns.

I love it when people MacGyver their way in the dark to fix something. Bonus points when it actually works when you're finished. Good job.

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You sure he didn't mean for you to pass on his email by pm?
Brotherblues
No, Duane actually responds to emails and I sent him the link to here to see if he wanted to respond or help. He emailed me back saying to post his email in case anyone has a problem with their Rage squonk mod. I'm just the middle man who is just helping others .

Last edited:

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great to hear, if you took pictures before and after taking the oring off and contact Duane he can send you a new bottle

mithril

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had the exact same issue and the culprit was poor soldering of the 510 positive wire, it just came off...
Took apart the mod, soldered the wire properly and removed the extra o-ring in the process.
Was been working fine since.

cswed

Member For 1 Year
I had the exact same issue and the culprit was poor soldering of the 510 positive wire, it just came off...
Took apart the mod, soldered the wire properly and removed the extra o-ring in the process.
Was been working fine since.

Interesting, glad you were able to work it out.

Hi I'm having exactly the same problem as mentioned above.. Would it be possible for someone to forward Duane's email address please? Many thanks

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can say that Duane is straight up good guy. I had the bottle removal issue and he sent me a replacement bottle. So now I have a white and red Rage. It looks really nice when I swap the doors with each other.
The only time I have ever had a check addy appear on one of my squonks is when I get juice on the mods 510 connection. I have found that you not only need to clean the top of the 510 pin but also around the sides. I have also had this issue when i have the coils too close to the sides of the addy and it shorts out when i adjust the air flow.
I'm glad you got yours working again because it is a great mod.

cswed

Member For 1 Year
I can say that Duane is straight up good guy. I had the bottle removal issue and he sent me a replacement bottle. So now I have a white and red Rage. It looks really nice when I swap the doors with each other.
The only time I have ever had a check addy appear on one of my squonks is when I get juice on the mods 510 connection. I have found that you not only need to clean the top of the 510 pin but also around the sides. I have also had this issue when i have the coils too close to the sides of the addy and it shorts out when i adjust the air flow.
I'm glad you got yours working again because it is a great mod.
+1 for it being a great mod. My favorite dual 18650 squonk mod hands down.

anybody else know why the rage has a tick tock sound if you put your ear up to it when it’s on ? i just noticed this a few days ago it’s not loud or anything but if you listen you can hear it

VU Sponsors