Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
15ml batch
70/30VG
0 nic

MBV Rainbow Sherbet 10%
CAP French Vanilla V2 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%

Not quite a sherbet ice cream but more like a fruit mix IMO.
It's quite good actually, and I'm kinda picky with the fruits I like.
Rainbow Sherbet is a custom made Mt. Baker flavor.
Due to this, plus adding the Vanilla, it needs to steep at least 1 week IMO.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So this is more like a rainbow sorbet then?

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since there is cream in it I'd have to say it's a sherbet. I recently had to google the difference between sherbet and sorbet..lol.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since there is cream in it I'd have to say it's a sherbet. I recently had to google the difference between sherbet and sorbet..lol.

Thanks for the info, as that was the idea, to get more ice cream into the fruit.
Could even go higher on the French Vanilla and Sweet Cream, like 3% and 2%.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to have to try this now lol :) I wonder if the FW sherbet is the exact same as MBV? Perhaps, I'll order them both and find out...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol, no wonder I couldn't find any at FW, as I was looking for the Rainbow Sherbet.
Got me curious now, probably the same thing, keep me posted please.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, no wonder I couldn't find any at FW, as I was looking for the Rainbow Sherbet.
Got me curious now, probably the same thing, keep me posted please.

I thought I had seen it, but now that you mention it, I can't find it either...lol. I've been looking at too many flavors lately.. they're all running together.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought I had seen it, but now that you mention it, I can't find it either...lol. I've been looking at too many flavors lately.. they're all running together.

Mo: Don't think they bare the same. Rainbow is a little more flavorful. If you like a more ice cream than sherbet flavor, mix Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with the Rainbow instead of the sweet cream. I did a test with Rainbow when I first got it and I can't locate the recipe I used (strength of concentrate in the single flavor mix) at the moment. I am thinking it was 18 or 20 %. I will look for the recipe again and will re-post if there is a significant difference. But, based on that, try 12% Rainbow and 6% Van. Bean Ice Cream. Steep it about 5 - 7 days.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
French Vanilla and Sweet Cream together are somewhat like a fake soft serve ice cream IMO.
Many different Vanillas and Creams could be tried out, or even TFA Malted Milk, lol.
Just haven't got around to trying any others yet...
Still don't have any Vanilla Bean to try your idea out, but want I to sometime.

@Erck What brand VB Ice Cream do you prefer?

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heabob: I have MTB (Mt Baker) and Wizard Labs. I prefer Wizard, because they are repackages. The Vanilla Bean is TFA packaged in an 8ml vial for $1.49. MTB, TFA, and others provide a 10 or , in the case of MTB, 15ml bottle for 3 or 4 dollars. Much better value, but a storage headache when you have as many flavors as I have and are full time RVers. I have 241 different flavors and with the multiples of my most used flavors, 311 bottles. The glass vials work best - - - - for me. You may want to try Vanilla Swirl (WL (TFA)) also. Gives you a different profile, like a vanilla and chocolate cone.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya, I use the Vanilla Swirl a lot too, one of my favorites.

New version of TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is out now: TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato.
Haven't tried it yet but want to.

Can't imagine full time RV with all my vaping stuff, probably need to pull a trailer, lol.
Dang, I feel like a noob, as I only have around 170 flavors, lol'ed, when I say "only".

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
348m3ib.jpg

Well I lost my original reply, but was able to upload a picture of the case I have most of my concentrates. Space is at a premium and weight is a real big consideration.

I too would like to try the VB Gelato. VBIC is one of my mainstays.

RVing is so much fun. In fact, RVing is how I found out about vaping. A neighbor 2 site down was fixing another RVer's utility trailer and had this thing around his neck. Every now and then he would suck on it and blow a cloud "smoke". The next day I went to see the devil and came away with the gear and the juice. Quite smoking analogs three weeks later.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We've been campers since we first got married, some 40+ years ago, lol.
Tent, Pickup Camper, TTrailer, 34' MH, and now back to a 26' Jayco TT with full slide.
I know all about the weight issues, as I'm dragging about 7.5K with a half ton Dodge.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get out of town!!!! Another RVer. Fantastic. We too started out in a tent (w/ 3 kids. One a babe in arms, 46 years ago) Do you by chance belong to Thousand Trails? We plan on leaving west central Florida and doing the Midwest this year and arriving back home a couple days before Thanksgiving. What I would like to do is hit as many Vape Fest and nationally known shops as I can. Why not, I buy from a lot of them, may as well see the places for myself.

Did a flavor last night I just sampled. YUUUUMMMMMM! Lemon (Vz), Spearmint (MTB), Menthol (my 10% mix). I must admit, this is one I heard about from someone else. However, I made some slight changes and it will make it better in the long run. The original recipe was 4%, 2%, and 1% using all the normal concentrates. I used Super Concentrates (Vz) and mixed at 6%, 6%, and 3% knowing the lemon is going to fade and the spearmint is a normal concentrate, they should end up very flavorful. I'm not a menthol fan so, I may redo my mix and use Koolada. I'll post this and then try to get a screen shot of the calculator page and come back and edit it in or just do another message.

Eric

Last edited:

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
upload_2014-8-12_15-56-37.png

Ok, so it wanted to be stuborn and not attach itself to the preceding post. This is the recipe for my mix of the Lemon = Spearmint Green flavor.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't travel out of state yet, as I'm still tied to my job for a couple more years before retirement.
Ideally I'd like to get out of Michigan and head south for the winters.

Hate menthol myself, was gonna get some Koolada next order but BullCity was oos.
Gonna wait a bit to order so I can combine with some other flavors I want.
Got some MBV Candy Cane I haven't even tried yet, and many others, lol.
Just mixed up some VZ-SC Gourmet Vanilla Spongecake to try.
I use VZ Parliament and VZ Virginia Flue Cured a lot.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Didn't know you were into the tobacco flavors. I do many, but I made one that is an ADV. I really enjoy this one.

Cowboy Blend (WIZ) 6%
Camel (TW RL) 8%
Turkish (TW RL) or 555DK (WIZ) 6%
Coconut (WIZ) 7%

Steep 48 to 72 hours. This is very mild. I use 70/30 PG/VG and if it gives a little more TH than I like, I add 2 drops per 6ml of MTS (FA). If you don't have the Camel it can be made by diluting some DK or Turkish with by about 8% PG and adding 4% sweetener.

Another good tobacco is 50/50 American Red and 555DK.

Said you were still working. What do you do?

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only get in the left lane to go around tag alongs out for the weekend.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love to travel around in an RV...if I would stop buying vape stuff I maybe could afford it lol

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is a lot of fun. I love driving the bus and just seeing the countryside. I am working on next years itinerary at this very moment. It takes a lot of work sometimes. We will be making changes right up into February, more than likely. We discovered the Presidential Libraries a couple years ago and we try to hit them when possible. Plus, this time out I want to hit vaping shows and nationally known shops.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For the love of god you two PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE! Damn RVer's.....:)

No worries, I'm a slow poke, 55-60, right lane only, unless road work or farm equipment:)

Trailer + wind pulls me around too much at higher speeds.

Used to run a bit faster in the MH tho, 60-65, lol.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't know what happened, computer dumped part of my Favorites list. I wondered why the email notifications stopped and went to check it out. I admit, I have a lot of fav's, but for the machine to do that is strange.

Anyway, did anybody try any of the recipes I posted? I am working on the Pumpkin Spice Coffee. In fact, I am getting ready to try the 1st batch. It has steeped about a week now. If it is good I'll post the recipe, otherwise, back to the drawing board.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, no, I haven't tried your recipe yet, as I hate to order more tobaccos I may not like.
That said, I've tried some of FA, TFA, and some Inawera that I didn't like, too floral, or spicey.
Settled on a couple I like best, just tobacco, nothing else added.
Just got 10 more "non tobacco" flavors, but still have so many others I've not even tried yet.
Can't vape fast enough.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee sounds interesting tho...
Most coffees are awful strong, even at <1%, but I just got some FA Coffee Espresso to try out, eventually.

@Erck
Cowboy Blend (WIZ) 6%
Camel (TW RL) 8%
Turkish (TW RL) or 555DK (WIZ) 6%
Coconut (WIZ) 7%

BTW: Who is (TW RL)
Assuming (WIZ) is WL (Wizard Labs), I'm not sure who makes the flavors though.

Probably best to post any other recipes in a separate "recipe thread", as they will get more views/comments.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, where to start. I am not a tobacco man for the reasons you stated. But, every now and then I like the likes of an analog and would never go back to the stinkers. So, I made my own. True tobacco flavor. No roses or daffodils. Research - Primary tobacco flavor and smell comes from the molecule Tabanon or Tabanone. The very best is made by a lab in Germany. The concentrate using the greatest amount of the tabanon(e) molecule is DK555, Turkish, and 555. By itself it is to strong for my liking. Enter American Red. It has a nice mild flavor with a chocolate undertone. To mild for me, but nice smell. My Red 555 is a 50/50 mix of DK555 and American Red. BINGO! Great tobacco vape. Then I got to where I wanted an all day tobacco vape. Made Range Blend to fill that hole. To duplicate a flavor you like, without re-engineering the whole recipe, it is important to use the same concentrate(s) you used the first time. That is why I included the supplier in the recipe. TW RL = Totally Wicket Red Label (they have 3 levels of concentrates. Most of us prefer the Red Label over their banner Gold Standard), WIZ and WL = Wizard Labs, and MTB is Mount Baker, HD is High Desert, Vz is Vaping Zone, and LF is Liberty Flight.

All of the brands I use and tell you about are either made by the supplier in the U.S. or UK or resell concentrates from these same class of company. If you look at the Wizard Lab label, on the side running vertically, who the OM is. In think most of theirs are TFA or LorAnn. This is the case with most of the big name vendors. There is another group that makes their own and advertises it, because that is what most serious DIY vapor require. Bottom line unless it is Dekang or Hagen (I probably spelled the names wrong, but close enough to identify them), do not buy Chinese juice. At this time, the two I mentioned are the only Chinese manufacturers that are ISO9000 certified. All of the US manufacturers are ISO9000 certified. Other than the manufacturers, the only other manufacturer on that side of the pond is FlavorArt, out of Italy. Since they cleaned up their act, they are a safe supplier. The new vaping magazine, Vaping Digest, has a piece along these same lines. I deleted my online copy just this afternoon. You can Google it and meanwhile I will see if I can find the address or the link. You are right to be skeptical. I have done a boat load of research for my book as well as other projects and personal safety. The good news, most all of the manufacturers are producing safe product. The ones that don't, don't last and if they do, they get a bad reputation and either clean up their act or make little money and then are run out of business.

Hope I was able to answer your questions and concerns, as well as give you a tobacco vape you might really enjoy.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All the 555's I've read about had some "nutty" notes, or described as roasted peanuts.
Others have Chocolate, Vanilla, or various other things added.
One of the reasons I started making myself some NET, but it's still soaking.
I think the Inawera's mentioned below may be NETS, IDK for sure tho.

I don't taste anything else, besides tobacco, added in with these flavors.
The VZ's are alcohol-based and from China but taste best to me so far.
Inawera is Poland, although I suspect some of the stuff may be sourced from europe.

VZ-SC Parliament 2.334%
Inawera (WG) Virginia Tobacco Absolute 2.334%
Inawera (WG) DNB 1.334%

VZ-SC Virginia Flue Cured 2.334%
Inawera (WG) Virginia Tobacco Absolute 2.334%
Inawera (WG) DNB 1.334

Might try some VZ-SC Tabakum and Tobacco tho.
The one's made by Bakers in Russia.
Quite expensive though...

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bob: As I understand it from (I think his name was Connlee) the guy I talk to at VZ, They have a couple of lines. The one from China is the Flavors Express line. Their VZ line they make themselves. Now, does that mean they make the concentrate(s) from molecules they buy from the U.S. and Europe or that they repackage concentrate they buy from DeKang or Hangsen. I understood it was the first one. If they do buy concentrate from DeKang and/or Hangsen it is acceptable as far as I'm concerned, because, DeKang is the world leader in e juice sales and some how Hangsen is connected to them and they are ISO 9000 certified and only use FDA (and the Canadian and European counterpart) approved ingredients. If you are not familiar with ISO 9000, it is a set of quality standards that are designed to produce products that are safe and reliable. Now, it is a lot more complicated and inclusive then the simple definition I provided. But, what I provided is the broad brush approach. When I was researching this for my book, these were the only Chinese e-cig manufacturers that were ISO certified. The other possibility is VZ is repackaging Flavor West and/or FlavorArt. They are also resellers for those brands.

What are you referring to in your statement "The one's made by Baker's in Russia."?

Eric

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never use the Gourmet line, so never checked them out. VZ's regular SC line is the one I am currently trying and have talked to them about. It does not surprise me that the Russian's are producing concentrates for e-liquid use. They have been the major supplier of fruit concentrates for years. We have marveled, many times, at the ships, at the same dock, being loaded with orange juice headed for Russia and the one up the dock is off loading Orange concentrate. That volume seems to have decreased the last couple years. I don't know if Coke and the OJ companies have lost a lot of business or they are using other ports of call more. I understand, Coke is the largest user of those concentrates. After the concentrate is off loaded, it moves quickly to one form or another of refrigerated rail cars. I have waited many times for those trains to cross the roadway and almost always the consist would be nearly 100 cars. I think they changed the regulations on how long a train can be and that may have been what changed the logistics.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interesting info...

The Vanilla Sponge Cake I got is also from the "Gourmet Line", and only needs <1% for stand alone, pretty potent.
Suspect it has some "custard notes" though, as I have learned to detect them now, by taste and smell.
Got the Raspberry too, but have not tried it yet.
Gonna try some of the others eventually.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, you hooked me. I am going to try some of the gourmet line.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need some help. One of the members here said he, like myself, really likes the Seasonal pumpkin Spice Coffee from & - 11 and other places. So, I thought I would whip up a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Coffee and post it here for anyone that wanted it. Well, I have developed over 400 flavors, but this one is kicking my butt. I tried the obvious first n- coffee, sweet cream pumpkin spice, and EM - not expecting to hit it smack on the money, but somewhere close. WRONG! I think vaping a juice made from the cat box would have been better. Time to start playing with percentages. No luck. I made a batch using my Cake Base and added Cinnamon and Nutmeg (Holiday Spice). NOPE! Next iteration used Apple Pie, pumpkin spice, Cinnamon and coffee. Close, but NO. I would rather try to housebreak a chicken then give up on this flavor. So, after ripping more white hair from the farmland of my scalp, I have decided to try LorAnn's water based extracts (Pumpkin Spice and Coffee. No having any experience with Lor Ann's concentrates, oil or water based, I am coming to my fellow VU members, hat in hand, asking if anyone has any experience with these concentrates they are willing to share. Or any suggestions to help bring a good flavor to our tanks. Thanks

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
According to HIC, I think, nobody makes a Nutmeg flavor, I saw one at LA but thought it was oil-based, not good.
Most of the coffees are super strong and will probably overpower everything else.
FA Coffee Espresso or FA Tiramisu might work at 1-2 drops for a base.
Then add 7% FW Cinnamon Roll and 1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon.
Might be good with just these, lol.
Pumpkin Spice, no ideas here, haven't tried any.
BTW: I see Capella has a Pumpkin Pie (Spice) flavoring.
I guess Pumpkin Spice flavorings may have cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice,
clove, and mace, or a combination thereof.
Just have to figure out what's missing in you're mix.
Probably needs some Cream and Sweetener too.

HIC is the "expert mixologist" here, and may have some ideas.

Have to post your idea over on the Purevapes thread, or start a new thread cause not many are following this one.

Last edited:

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
According to HIC, I think, nobody makes a Nutmeg flavor, I saw one at LA but thought it was oil-based, not good.
Most of the coffees are super strong and will probably overpower everything else.
FA Coffee Espresso or FA Tiramisu might work at 1-2 drops for a base.
Then add 7% FW Cinnamon Roll and 1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon.
Then some Pumpkin Spice, no ideas here, haven't tried any.

HIC is the "expert mixologist" here, and may have some ideas.

Have to post your idea over on the Purevapes thread, or start a new thread cause not many are following this one.

Holiday Spice is primarily Nutmeg, but it is super, super strong. I like the Tiramisu idea. It sucks as a stand along, but might be on the money for this project. That gives me another idea. I developed a Bread Pudding that the people seem to love and buy in good numbers. That may be the shortest distance between these points. I have 6 or more coffee concentrates and they are strong and all of the seem to be off flavor and acid. I have tried both MTS and Smooth with them and that takes the acid edge off of them.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hard to find a realistic coffee flavor IMO.

May be why people add some chocolate, vanilla, cream, tobacco, etc., to calm it down.

Curious as to what a couple drops of AP would do, supposed to add some nuttiness to tobaccos.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe a better way to develop this is to make a good stand alone
Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe first.
Then add a drop or 2 of coffee or tiramisu after.

Most baked things, (think cooking), also require some Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cream, etc.

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bob: Exactly the way I am taking this thing. I put together a Spice Base and will work from there and forget the "Pumpkin Spice" and "Holiday Spice" altogether. Latest recipe includes molasses, Vanilla Custard, and Pie Crust, in concert with the spice base which has Cinnamon, Holiday Spice (Nutmeg), ginger, and clove. I have to wait to see how this is going to steep out before I can continue (to many concentrates for my calculator) with the Main project, Pumpkin Spice Coffee. The coffee part is still up in the air. I have 7 different "coffees" in this projects basket.

Eric

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, it sounds like your on a roll now.
I'm thinking the coffee will be the hardest part...
Good luck...

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree. Will keep you updated.
Eric

VU Sponsors