Become a Patron!

Raisin Bran

DarkJester89

Member For 4 Years
Mixers, Mixers, Hear My Cry!
Ok...
So.. interesting story. Cooking a quick dinner, lost track of time with the family. Following a recipe, and then an ad pop up on the side. Raisin Bran
Something I haven't seen or had in about 5 years.
The first thing that popped into my head.
"I want to vape that."
lmao

After 2 hours of researching and comparing notes between the ingredients on the box, home-made recipes of the cereal, and balancing those against most commonly used and breaking it down into comparable data for percentages of most commonly used.

I've come up with this. Sheer starting point but.. here it is.
Raisin Bran
1.5% Dairy Milk (TFA)
1% Hazelnut (FW)
1% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA)
1% Marshmallow (FA)
1.5% Meringue (FA)
0.5% Brown Sugar (TFA)
.5% Raisin (TFA)

7.0% Total
Hope to hear from you guys!

Last edited:

Ablonz

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
An fyi, Raisin is a strong flavor. I had it at 1.5% as a secondary flavor and it over powered everything in it. The others I had was 3% Oatmeal Cookie, 1% Super Sweet, .5% Sweat Cream .75% Danish Swirl, .25% Brown Sugar and .25% Bavarian Cream. It was the first mix I ended up dumping (28 mls. in 1 year of mixing) because of the strong Raisin taste. Hope this helps. Yours may do the trick though especially having higher dairy, hazelnut and AP. I wouldn't mind trying that recipe except I know I would probably drop raisin to .75 - 1% range. Yours does look promising especially to me as I like lower percentages in flavor anyway.

DarkJester89

Member For 4 Years
I adjusted it to 1%, and i think i miscalculated at first but its good now.., sadly I dont have raisin right now so its just hypothetical until it comes in. I heard that in the upper ranges it tasty rubbery or etc but thanks for the input. I want to try as low as possible and work my way up. Def wont go above 10% though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DarkJester89

Member For 4 Years
Rather start raisin low and add drops if need be, try to save from dumping but :) I think this will be a first of its kind other than the raisin cereal from Ooo company

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ablonz

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is the best way. Start low and add more if needed. ALWAYS easier to add than take out.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've played with the raisin and yea it is very strong. Anything over 0.5% is like old socks to me.
I'd recommend starting at 0.5% or even lower

VU Sponsors