Become a Patron!

Raising salt nic base to higher level with freebase. Help?

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I have a 500ml bottle of 50/50 vg/pg 24mg nic salts base (liquid barn) and a bottle of 100mg freebase nic (pg) and my gf and I vape 50mg nic salts in our pod systems. From the research I've done there seems to be no issue with mixing salts and freebase, I just don't have any idea of how much to mix to achieve a total of 50mg solution.

I have the mixing bottles from lb, but no scale for mixing by weight.

Can anyone explain how to mix this? I emailed lb, but they never got back to me. I appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this idea is worse than mixing fast & slow-burning smokeless-powders: there is a reason most of us don''t mix such powders, and afaik, there is no "calculator" for mixing as you are suggesting.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MG is MG and mixing Salt Nic with standard Freebase will give you some serious Throat Hit depending on your Nicotine. Use this Calculculator as you see I got it pretty close and if you play with the amounts I am sure you will get it close to what you want. Don't forget if you add flavorings it will lower the Nicotine percentage.

https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-combining-calculator

522e13a3-fdf4-449f-aee2-5cf5d254b13b.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh I forgot to say you either need a Graduated Cylinder or Syringes big enough.

graduated_cylinger_250ml.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How Big might that be ?? :popcorn:

As big as you want since you can buy them with a 10ML capacity up to 500ML's that I saw during a search before. I use a 10ML Cylinder with a 100ML beaker that I got in my Liquid Barn DIY Starter Kit with a couple in reserve. Since they are not printed they last forever.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That happens to be a 250ML cylinder if you can't make out the indication listed on it.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MG is MG and mixing Salt Nic with standard Freebase will give you some serious Throat Hit depending on your Nicotine. Use this Calculculator as you see I got it pretty close and if you play with the amounts I am sure you will get it close to what you want. Don't forget if you add flavorings it will lower the Nicotine percentage.

https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-combining-calculator

522e13a3-fdf4-449f-aee2-5cf5d254b13b.png
Thank you so much! Looks like 60ml of the freebase will raise the nic on 120ml of nic salt base to just under 50mg combined.

To whomever doesn't like the idea I respectfully ask you to keep your comments to yourself. I'm not an idiot. I understand that this is unconventional and may impact throat hit. I also understand that I'm not the first person to mix nic types successfully and safely. I will mix and vape a small amount to insure that it's suitable for my gf. In my case I'm not very concerned as I prefer a strong throat hit and high nic. I'm vaping Water Malone right now at 12mg in my Dead Rabbit with dual coils at a resistance of .06ohms in a parallel squonk mod with 2 Sony VTC5A's.

You may not like what I do, but it keeps my cigarette consumption to 2-3 per day. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much! Looks like 60ml of the freebase will raise the nic on 120ml of nic salt base to just under 50mg combined.
To whomever doesn't like the idea I respectfully ask you to keep your comments to yourself. I'm not an idiot. I understand that this is unconventional and may impact throat hit. I also understand that I'm not the first person to mix nic types successfully and safely. I will mix and vape a small amount to insure that it's suitable for my gf. In my case I'm not very concerned as I prefer a strong throat hit and high nic. I'm vaping Water Malone right now at 12mg in my Dead Rabbit with dual coils at a resistance of .06ohms in a parallel squonk mod with 2 Sony VTC5A's.
You may not like what I do, but it keeps my cigarette consumption to 2-3 per day. ;)

I am glad you appreciate my suggestion since the one response you got was was so negative. I try to help when I can. :vino:

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The calculator link I supplied will assist it making it right.
Yes it will. I bookmarked the calculator immediately. I knew something like this existed, but the assistance in finding it is greatly appreciated. :)

Here's a COMPLETELY off topic question but I don't figure that a new thread is necessary.

I have a 30ml bottle of 50mg nic salts 50/50 vg/pg Lost Coast Original. Eric from LC was kind enough to throw in a bottle of LC Sour (I'm a long time customer). He explained that he preferred Sour and as it turns out we agree. Original is fantastic, but Sour is amazing in a pod system. Anyway, I used points from Liquid Barn to grab a Flavor Enhancer kit which they kindly included in this latest order. I'd really like to mimic LC Sour. Eric told me how to mix Koolada with Original to make LC "Ice", but I didn't ask about Sour. Anyone have any idea how much Sour I should add? I'm guessing that it's gonna be a mix until it's right, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has a starting mix to try. I knuckle tasted the Sour/Menthol/Sweetener flavor enhancers included in the kit but that told me nothing about how much add. All I can say from that experience is that Sour and Sweetener aren't very strong, and that I recommend you don't knuckle taste menthol. :eek:

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to say that I mixed up some nic and freebase (120ml NS/60ml FB) to a total of 49.33mg nicotine. Mixed in a 15% flavor (LB Quick by DIY or DIE) and it's fantastic. I think Lost Coast will continue to be my ADV but this Quick is great.

Mixed up some Water Malone and that's excellent as well.

I know this isn't real mixing, but the thing that matters (imo) is that I'm really enjoying the process, but moreover, the results.

I really do appreciate your help.

VU Sponsors