Become a Patron!

Random Pet Peeves..

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they are making the US of A look like a third world country!:gaah:
I have news for you, @UncleRJ , after eight years of the impostor poseur Barry Soetoro, who could have only
legitimized his qualifications to be president by admitting his illegitimacy as the bastard son of
communist agitator Frank Marshall Davis, doing his best to divide and destroy this country
the US is a third world country.

Our infrastructure is failing, everything needs rebuilding and most of the bureaucrats are corrupt.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
-pet-peeve-working-overnight-out-on-the-road-95149.jpg

3q82cs.jpg

personal-pet-peeve_o_6047453.jpg

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND FOR THE FUCKERS WITH THE LED HEADLIGHT WHO DON'T DIM.... FUCK YOU!!!!!! I drive a 93 Toyota Celica, it is super low to the ground and I have a hard enough time with the old school low beams... Now with the LEDs even the LBs blind the fuck out of me. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
30tmffd.png

is still too damn cold. I used to be stationed in Alaska years ago but moved back to a place where there's 4 seasons, not 2. Personally, I can't stand the cold. Lips get chapped. Nose gets runny. Car won't start. Have to put on layers of clothes. Not for me.

Summer and fall are my favorite seasons.

I don't mind 60s & 70s; especially in January!!! :D But they say we're gonna get cold again, towards the end of the week. Oh well, spring isn't far off, for the south. :)

I'm just glad that a) the drought seems to be over; we had about 85 days straight with no rain, late summer/early fall; it was horrible, about 80,000 acres of the Chattahoochee Nat'l Forest burned; and b) we didn't get any of that tornado shit around here, just a lot of rain.

But I agree, about cold; go outside, the capillaries in your nose constrict; go back in, they get warm, so they dilate again... and here comes the flood! I get the same in the summer, being in cold stores, then walking out into the heat! I like Fall best; no pollen, warm days, cooler nights, due to the lower humidity.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People who say "nucular"

SO. MUCH. THIS. Makes me absolutely lose my shit when I hear it on a TV show or in a movie. Also, people who want to axe me a question.

My husband's driving, which is slower than my great-grandmother's walking, and she's fucking dead.

When my son forgets to ask if I need to use the bathroom before he locks himself in there for 4 goddamn years. I take Myrbetriq for a reason, idiot.

Pretty much everyone who isn't one of my dogs pisses me off. lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
then you have the trolling spammers....
you know, they know everything there is to know.

Yep, plenty of cross over there

Then there are the first post sellers - that drives me nuts.
Almost as bad as first post hard luck someone-PIF-me-shit, especially ones that have the nerve to specify flavors, nic level and pg/vg ratio:bs:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep, plenty of cross over there

Then there are the first post sellers - that drives me nuts.
Almost as bad as first post hard luck someone-PIF-me-shit, especially ones that have the nerve to specify flavors, nic level and pg/vg ratio:bs:
hahaha yeah, "my car got broken into and my mods got stolen. I don't have enough money to feed my kids but I need a mod"
then there are the youtube video spammers that tell you how you SHOULD vape, and they know the only way to do it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
hahaha yeah, "my car got broken into and my mods got stolen. I don't have enough money to feed my kids but I need a mod"
then there are the youtube video spammers that tell you how you SHOULD vape, and they know the only way to do it.

I think reviewers are as responsible for some of the crazy shit newbies do as irresponsible shops that oversell to beginners.

It's sad, because if you don't know any better, people think these sources know their shit

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
... so I guess I'll have to smoke, even though I don't want to.

Typos brought to you by: crapatalk!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dumbest blackmail tactic ever - but most of them pull it

Yeah... like, if you can't afford to VAPE, just how in the fuck do you plan to afford cigarette extortion????????? Total fucking morons. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... like, if you can't afford to VAPE, just how in the fuck do you plan to afford cigarette extortion????????? Total fucking morons. :facepalm:

Andria

My first two years I totally vaped on the cheap - worse than Cromwell cheap even :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My first two years I totally vaped on the cheap - worse than Cromwell cheap even :giggle:

I've been vaping on the cheap since I started! That figure in my sig, almost $5500 now, that I've "saved"... I bet I haven't spent even HALF that, on vape gear -- I've bought too much other stuff! :giggle:

So I bitch and moan about there being no good atty's for folks like me that want a REALLY tight draw plus great flavor... it's actually done me a great favor; there is no "shinyitis" when there's nothing you want to buy. :) I've got 14 mods, 2 atty's I LOVE, 3 I can semi-tolerate, and 4 others that would do in a REAL PINCH... plus still got almost a whole brick of XL cartos that would also serve in a real pinch. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I mostly don't mind them (my son is one), but a lot of them sure do dress funny. :huh:

Andria

I agree - I feel good about the next generation taking over

Mine are ages 31 and 29

Yeah, there is a segment of the millennial generation that are slackers full of entitlement, but every generation produced its own share of whiny losers

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree - I feel good about the next generation taking over

Mine are ages 31 and 29

Yeah, there is a segment of the millennial generation that are slackers full of entitlement, but every generation produced its own share of whiny losers
Mine is 22 and he gets increasingly better with each passing year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your and you're

For the love of the almighty please learn the difference.

It's a lost cause, on the internet. Literacy is failing. Apostrophes flying everywhere... except where they're really needed. :facepalm:

Andria

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
seeing people you know when you're shopping that want to stop and talk. Don't get me wrong i love my friends but when I have to go shop my main goal is to get in and get out in as little time as possible. I dont want to catch up, i want to check out, and go home.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
seeing people you know when you're shopping that want to stop and talk. Don't get me wrong i love my friends but when I have to go shop my main goal is to get in and get out in as little time as possible. I dont want to catch up, i want to check out, and go home.

What I hate is this idea that just because phones are mobile, we're supposed to respond to them like Pavlov's dogs everytime they make a noise. FUCK THAT NOISE. I have a phone for MY convenience, not that of everyone who knows my number! I'll answer it when it's convenient for ME!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your and you're

For the love of the almighty please learn the difference.

Exactly along these lines are discreet and discrete. They are 2 separate words, with entirely DISCRETE meanings. And "discrete" does NOT mean confidential. But it's one thing to find this among the general internet population -- I find it in actual BOOKS, and it's driving me right up the wall; apparently editors no longer exist, or they've become as illiterate as the rest of the population.

Andria

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I hate is this idea that just because phones are mobile, we're supposed to respond to them like Pavlov's dogs everytime they make a noise. FUCK THAT NOISE. I have a phone for MY convenience, not that of everyone who knows my number! I'll answer it when it's convenient for ME!

Andria
I have friends that dont even call my phone, they just show up because i never answer my phone. 5 days away from 26 years old and i stay away from my phone like the plague. I always buy the best phone but i mostly just use it to browse or search stuff when im waiting. i use like 100 minutes a billing cycle and pretty much all of it is calling comcast or some other tech support line and waiting on hold.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have friends that dont even call my phone, they just show up because i never answer my phone. 5 days away from 26 years old and i stay away from my phone like the plague. I always buy the best phone but i mostly just use it to browse or search stuff when im waiting. i use like 100 minutes a billing cycle and pretty much all of it is calling comcast or some other tech support line and waiting on hold.

Heh.. I got a mobile phone simply so I'd have a mobile hotspot for the wifi-only tablet that a friend gave me, on which I read Kindle ebooks. Since then, I've gotten a bigger, better, faster phone, so I leave the tablet at home, and just take the phone to read on -- or search, or text my husband at work so I don't disturb him with a phone call. I'm getting more in the habit of using the mobile phone rather than my home phone, so that eventually we can dispense with the home phone altogether. But I don't much care for talking on ANY phone too much, and I've refused for many years to jump like an automaton to answer a phone just because it's ringing.

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"Distinguishing Discreet and Discrete

One way to recall the difference between discrete and discreet is to use this mnemonic:

Discrete is about separating into distinct parts: notice how the two e’s are separated. Discreet, on the other hand, is about keeping information contained and under wraps: notice how the e’s are closed up within the boundaries of the word. Keeping this in mind may help you remember which of these words is which."

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't had a computer nor a landline in over 5 years. And I only answer all calls from my wife and my daughter. Anyone else is subject to getting a message saying I haven't set up my voicemail.

VU Sponsors